MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
You are correct. There will be a base car, available Handling Package, and the top dog Carbon Fiber Track Package.

And you're right about the relative obscurity as to the spoiler on the Handling package. To be as clear as possible, Ford is calling the spoiler on the Handling Package cars a "swing spoiler." As to any Gurney Flap, they only state that will be available and can be quickly added. GT4 wing is obviously on the left in the following photo.

If you choose to bolt on the Gurney Flap, the Swing Spoiler (the name is already driving me nuts) should look like this.

Ford has been pretty coy in providing any rear shots of the "Flap" aside from this rendered version they added to an image of a GT350.

Actually they have said three. The Flap(pable) version looks to be used on both GT350's and GT500's. They haven't done a very good job in providing clarity as you have to find bits and pieces here and there. Here's the best explanation I have found from them...
Great info and post! OK, I am a stickler for proper terminology so it's the Swing Spoiler. Swing ... Spoiler ... seriously, WTF :D

I guess it sort of follows the shape of two swings on a swingset? Like so:

upload_2019-2-13_14-31-6.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
protraxduner

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
So on the 2019 GT350 all models get the 'swing' spoiler? but the gurney flap comes with the handling package. So wonder on the 500 will the handling package come with the swing spoiler AND the gurney flap? While i like the swing spoiler not sold on the gurney flap. I am not discounting its function but asethetically not sure i like it.

Furthermore does the swing spoiler come with pre-threaded holes to accept the gurney? Not sure i want a spoiler with holes not in use either.....Now I am leaning towards the standard old GT350 spoiler.....

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
Well, what's your friends tv show about cars, and does he have 11 garages full of cars like Leno?

I have a few friends with the Ford GT, and have met four owners recently as well. All have been put through the paces while on the track. Thats been my personal experience thus far. Not to mention the countless ones found on social media running around the track. I'd say Ford knew exactly what they were doing with this program.
So you personally know of at least 7 people with a ford GT? Let’s see them.

While you’re at it can we see your lambo?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
So on the 2019 GT350 all models get the 'swing' spoiler? but the gurney flap comes with the handling package. So wonder on the 500 will the handling package come with the swing spoiler AND the gurney flap? While i like the swing spoiler not sold on the gurney flap. I am not discounting its function but asethetically not sure i like it.

Furthermore does the swing spoiler come with pre-threaded holes to accept the gurney? Not sure i want a spoiler with holes not in use either.....Now I am leaning towards the standard old GT350 spoiler.....
it sure does look like there's some kind of pre-existing, mounting points on the Swing Wing:\

upload_2019-2-13_18-0-58.png

upload_2019-2-13_17-56-39.png

Especially if you compare those to the mounting points in this image:

upload_2019-2-13_17-57-20.png
View attachment 341074

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
So you personally know of at least 7 people with a ford GT? Let’s see them.

While you’re at it can we see your lambo?
I know personally quite well 3 owners. I’ve met an additional 4 by just going to various events.
CE7EEB25-5ABE-40E2-83D9-F30DD0E358BE.jpeg

Sponsored

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Have you driven the GT?
If so thoughts compared to your car?
I've driven the GT yes, as well as it's primary rivals. The Huracan Performante, the McLaren 720S, Porsche GT2RS & GT3RS, and the Ferrari 488 Pista. You can definitely tell the GT is a Ford, when comparing it to those other cars. I personally do not feel it is faster than any of it's competition. It may outhandle the McLaren 720S, but all of the others in it's competitive category, outdo it. It's barely faster than a first year LP 610-4 Huracan, but slower than the newer variants, and not even competitive against the Performante. I honestly feel the new GT500 will be faster than it on the drag strip, as the GT is a high 10 car. Huracan LP 610-4 is mid 10s. The McLaren 720S is 9.8-9.9 stock, and the Porsches and 488 are all low 10s.

The Ford GT is a beautiful, raw, and precision car, but it has stiff competition. All of the cars I mentioned above, are also less expensive than the GT.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
I've driven the GT yes, as well as it's primary rivals. The Huracan Performante, the McLaren 720S, Porsche GT2RS & GT3RS, and the Ferrari 488 Pista. You can definitely tell the GT is a Ford, when comparing it to those other cars. I personally do not feel it is faster than any of it's competition. It may outhandle the McLaren 720S, but all of the others in it's competitive category, outdo it. It's barely faster than a first year LP 610-4 Huracan, but slower than the newer variants, and not even competitive against the Performante. I honestly feel the new GT500 will be faster than it on the drag strip, as the GT is a high 10 car. Huracan LP 610-4 is mid 10s. The McLaren 720S is 9.8-9.9 stock, and the Porsches and 488 are all low 10s.

The Ford GT is a beautiful, raw, and precision car, but it has stiff competition. All of the cars I mentioned above, are also less expensive than the GT.
Well said.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Great info and post! OK, I am a stickler for proper terminology so it's the Swing Spoiler. Swing ... Spoiler ... seriously, WTF :D

I guess it sort of follows the shape of two swings on a swingset? Like so:

upload_2019-2-13_14-31-6.png
actually, I think its brilliant. a combination spoiler and wing....swing... partial positive downforce via an aerodynamic lifting device combined with a partial spoiler. This combo would be much more beneficial for the top end speed as opposed to a pure wing for maneuvering around the track. Function over form.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
There's two packages AFAWK.

It starts with the base car, using the [older] track pack GT350 spoiler, on the silver car here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/iconic-silver-pics.117037/

Then it's either the Handling Package or the Carbon Fiber Track Package. We've seen the CFTP several times, at many events, all the press coverage, but the Handling Package (that we haven't seen yet ...) gets the adjustable strut top mounts like the carbon package, and it gets the new GT350 Gurney flap design - see below - I think __that__ wing is going to look killer on the GT500.

my3rjrfef6ou34vq5nob.png
Almost mind bending to think how a fluid dynamic model of how that swing looks at speed. brilliant.

Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Visited a Ford dealership in north TX today. In the market for Super Duty to replace my Mega Cab 4x4 6.7L. Last time I was there they had a Magnetic R and a White/Blue stripe R. They both had ADM's of $30k. The Magnetic sold to someone out of state for full ADM. They're still sitting on the White/Blue R. It's JR375 and they said it is the last White/Blue built for 18. Ok.... Anyway, they expect to have a couple GT500's and they will ADM them for at least $50k. Their words. I dunno why I give these guys a chance to earn my business. They continually disappoint.

Last edited:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
actually, I think its brilliant. a combination spoiler and wing....swing... partial positive downforce via an aerodynamic lifting device combined with a partial spoiler. This combo would be much more beneficial for the top end speed as opposed to a pure wing for maneuvering around the track. Function over form.
Oh yeah, a portmanteau, duh, that didn't even come to mind (though I did almost ask if it was some kind of obscure aero term). Though Swing Wing enters into RAS territory since that's Spoiler Wing Wing ... :D

Yeah, that's a pretty clever combination of downforce and directed airflow. I suspect the Handling Package (that uses this wing) on the GT500 will include the Gurney flap, but not installed (like some extra aero on other makes/models).

I hope there's a decent amount of cross package comparison too, it'll be interesting to see top end vs. big track vs. small track vs. 1/4 mile and how those metrics are affected by the differences in aero.

OP
OP
protraxduner

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
This made me laugh. Assume the guy is a moron.

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I can tell you, my unofficial (at this time) allocation, is coming to me at $25,000 over sticker. How I know? The owner of the dealership has been a childhood friend of mine. I'll be allowed to spec it however I want.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Who knew there was a white Bullitt?

I want to order one of those!
Sponsored