Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
So is there no "R" for the GT 500? Seems as though the track package is where the Carbon Wheels, GT4 wing come from. If there is no R, I wonder how dealers will do the ADM since technically, every one of these could be built the same and there will be nothing distinctive such as R designation driving even higher ADMs for those models. Was this fords way of evening out ADMS?.
Base and track pack.
Sponsored

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Oh you mean like Jay Leno? A guy with deep pockets that will never race the car or track it as it was intended.
My friend tracks his current cars and is well known.
So you mean Jay Leno is not an A list celebrity, with a vast social media presence, and a current show centering around cars? You mean, the same Jay Leno, who does not seem to be one of the world's largest car enthusiasts? What is your friends youtube channel? How many followers does he have? How about his instagram? Patreon? If he lacks any of those, I'm sorry, he isn't what Ford was looking for in GT ownership.

I think you have zero clue what Ford was looking for. I'm sure your friend is an awesome guy, but it takes a lot to become a social media influencer, it isn't really difficult to plunk down a few hundred thousand and buy a use Ford GT, nor does it take much to sit in a few weeks of HPDE training, to run the car around a track. Unless, your friend is followed by several hundred thousand, and posts content many times a week, I am fairly certain, he isn't what Ford was looking for.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Base and track pack.
There's two packages AFAWK.

It starts with the base car, using the [older] track pack GT350 spoiler, on the silver car here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/iconic-silver-pics.117037/

Then it's either the Handling Package or the Carbon Fiber Track Package. We've seen the CFTP several times, at many events, all the press coverage, but the Handling Package (that we haven't seen yet ...) gets the adjustable strut top mounts like the carbon package, and it gets the new GT350 Gurney flap design - see below - I think __that__ wing is going to look killer on the GT500.

my3rjrfef6ou34vq5nob.png

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
So you mean Jay Leno is not an A list celebrity, with a vast social media presence, and a current show centering around cars? You mean, the same Jay Leno, who does not seem to be one of the world's largest car enthusiasts? What is your friends youtube channel? How many followers does he have? How about his instagram? Patreon? If he lacks any of those, I'm sorry, he isn't what Ford was looking for in GT ownership.

I think you have zero clue what Ford was looking for. I'm sure your friend is an awesome guy, but it takes a lot to become a social media influencer, it isn't really difficult to plunk down a few hundred thousand and buy a use Ford GT, nor does it take much to sit in a few weeks of HPDE training, to run the car around a track. Unless, your friend is followed by several hundred thousand, and posts content many times a week, I am fairly certain, he isn't what Ford was looking for.
You think jay Leno is going to track the car like it was designed to do?
Never.
That’s the problem with people like yourself. All you care about is how many social media followers you get.

I’d rather see the car running around the track than sitting in a parking lot or watching it on a YouTube / tv show or seeing pictures of it on Instagram / Facebook.

The car doesn’t need someone famous or internet popular to sell it. It sells itself.
Ford received more applications for the GT than what they made to sell. That tells you it’s a wanted item.
All made known before it went into owners hands.

Do you buy an item because of its endorsement?
I don’t.
Do you buy an item because joe blow has one?
I don’t.

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R

It starts with the base car, using the [older] track pack GT350 spoiler, on the silver car here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/iconic-silver-pics.117037/

Then it's either the Handling Package or the Carbon Fiber Track Package. We've seen the CFTP several times, at many events, all the press coverage, but the Handling Package (that we haven't seen yet ...) gets the adjustable strut top mounts like the carbon package, and it gets the new GT350 Gurney flap design - see below - I think __that__ wing is going to look killer on the GT500.

my3rjrfef6ou34vq5nob.png
That’s what I said.
Base and track pack. 2 versions of the 500.

Sponsored

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
You think jay Leno is going to track the car like it was designed to do?
Never.
That’s the problem with people like yourself. All you care about is how many social media followers you get.

I’d rather see the car running around the track than sitting in a parking lot or watching it on a YouTube / tv show or seeing pictures of it on Instagram / Facebook.

The car doesn’t need someone famous or internet popular to sell it. It sells itself.
Ford received more applications for the GT than what they made to sell. That tells you it’s a wanted item.
All made known before it went into owners hands.

Do you buy an item because of its endorsement?
I don’t.
Do you buy an item because joe blow has one?
I don’t.
You’re absolutely clueless, and have zero idea on how to market a product.

You have no idea who I am, or what my history is with cars. I am just telling it like I see it.

Anyone can stroke a check and buy a car. But when your cars are super limited, and high performance world beating cars aren’t your norm. You want them going to those who will get you the most exposure. It’s a new world, and yes social media is a huge industry changing thing.

OP
OP
protraxduner

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
... but that's not what I said, if you want to count "versions" as the same car plus the different packages, that's make __3__. Base, Handling, Track. 3. Three. Math is hard.
'Versions' may be tricky on the 500 cause I agree with you there will be 'visually' 3 different versions but adding a spoiler with the handling package doesn't really make a different version but just the base version with an option. I mean we didn't have versions based on options with the GT350, but the R gave us another version that we assume is the equivalent to the Track CF package. I am also curious if/how they will limit the Track package since its not a model but an option. So any GT500 could be an 'R' version (track), my guess is the Track Pack option will have an **limited availability** denotation on it, how they manage that IDK. I am hoping the Handling package gets not only the spoiler/strut tops but the 'Track' springs and maybe the front side wicker things....basically the poor mans Track package. Time will tell...

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
'Versions' may be tricky on the 500 cause I agree with you there will be 'visually' 3 different versions but adding a spoiler with the handling package doesn't really make a different version but just the base version with an option. I mean we didn't have versions based on options with the GT350, but the R gave us another version that we assume is the equivalent to the Track CF package. I am also curious if/how they will limit the Track package since its not a model but an option. So any GT500 could be an 'R' version (track), my guess is the Track Pack option will have an **limited availability** denotation on it, how they manage that IDK. I am hoping the Handling package gets not only the spoiler/strut tops but the 'Track' springs and maybe the front side wicker things....basically the poor mans Track package. Time will tell...
Oh I totally agree, my original response I thought I was just bringing something up the poster might not know, then they got twisted over model/variant counting ... they seem like fun :D

It's not unlike the GT >> PP1 >> PP2, in my mind, that's just a model [Mustang GT] with a package [PP1, PP2], that's one car, three flavors. For me, if it's a discrete selection on a configurator, and has one model badge, one VIN series, that's one version, plus some options, even if the latter makes it a pretty notable departure from the "base" configuration.

Yeah, I thought the Handling package needed just a touch more to be a real "package", I bet they're still ruminating over the final details of configuration details / options, what's in what for how much :)

OP
OP
protraxduner

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
So unless they limit 'Track CF' packages I see any dealer allocations not spoken for all getting that option upon ordering for the perceived resale value (read GT350R). I personally do not like all the CF stuff and esp the wing, throw in no back seat and it is not for me.....not to mention the expense.

Sponsored

OH5GT 2 S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang Convertible, 2017 BMW X5, 2017 F150
So unless they limit 'Track CF' packages I see any dealer allocations not spoken for all getting that option upon ordering for the perceived resale value (read GT350R). I personally do not like all the CF stuff and esp the wing, throw in no back seat and it is not for me.....not to mention the expense.
Have you seen this car in person yet? It looks amazing. I wasnt sure about the wing either, but the one I saw in Chicago over the weekend was amazing!

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
You’re absolutely clueless, and have zero idea on how to market a product.

You have no idea who I am, or what my history is with cars. I am just telling it like I see it.

Anyone can stroke a check and buy a car. But when your cars are super limited, and high performance world beating cars aren’t your norm. You want them going to those who will get you the most exposure. It’s a new world, and yes social media is a huge industry changing thing.
Yes and you don’t know me as well and as a business owner myself, I like seeing my products/service being used.
So you’re telling me using the GT on a TRACK FOR WHAT IT WAS DESIGNED FOR doesn’t sell or expose the vehicle? Haaaaa haaaaaaaa.

You realize most of the people that buy the GT will store them and hide them?
I’ll dare to say 90% never see track duty. What a shame.

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
... but that's not what I said, if you want to count "versions" as the same car plus the different packages, that's make __3__. Base, Handling, Track. 3. Three. Math is hard.
Funny
The engineers said 2 versions. Not 3 that I seen.
The gurney flap spoilers will be gt350 only.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.

my3rjrfef6ou34vq5nob.png
You are correct. There will be a base car, available Handling Package, and the top dog Carbon Fiber Track Package.

And you're right about the relative obscurity as to the spoiler on the Handling package. To be as clear as possible, Ford is calling the spoiler on the Handling Package cars a "swing spoiler." As to any Gurney Flap, they only state that will be available and can be quickly added. GT4 wing is obviously on the left in the following photo.

____ Swing style spoiler.JPG

If you choose to bolt on the Gurney Flap, the Swing Spoiler (the name is already driving me nuts) should look like this.

Gurney%20flap-L.jpg

Ford has been pretty coy in providing any rear shots of the "Flap" aside from this rendered version they added to an image of a GT350.

wingCapture1-X2.jpg

Funny
The engineers said 2 versions. Not 3 that I seen.
The gurney flap spoilers will be gt350 only.
Actually they have said three. The Flap(pable) version looks to be used on both GT350's and GT500's. They haven't done a very good job in providing clarity as you have to find bits and pieces here and there. Here's the best explanation I have found from them...

Ford said:
Rear aerodynamics
Ford Performance leveraged the aerodynamic design of the Ford GT Le Mans wing to create a patented track wing design also used in Mustang GT4 racing. This exposed carbon fiber track wing is one of three rear aerodynamic designs available on the 2020 Shelby GT500. A performance decklid spoiler comes standard, while an available swing spoiler comes with the Handling Package and a carbon fiber track wing is part of the Carbon Fiber Track Package.
From here...
http://2020gt500.ford.com/Y2019/Details/2018/functional-design/default.aspx

Last edited:

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yes and you don’t know me as well and as a business owner myself, I like seeing my products/service being used.
So you’re telling me using the GT on a TRACK FOR WHAT IT WAS DESIGNED FOR doesn’t sell or expose the vehicle? Haaaaa haaaaaaaa.

You realize most of the people that buy the GT will store them and hide them?
I’ll dare to say 90% never see track duty. What a shame.
Well, what's your friends tv show about cars, and does he have 11 garages full of cars like Leno?

I have a few friends with the Ford GT, and have met four owners recently as well. All have been put through the paces while on the track. Thats been my personal experience thus far. Not to mention the countless ones found on social media running around the track. I'd say Ford knew exactly what they were doing with this program.
Sponsored