OP
OP
protraxduner

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
I can tell you, my unofficial (at this time) allocation, is coming to me at $25,000 over sticker. How I know? The owner of the dealership has been a childhood friend of mine. I'll be allowed to spec it however I want.
Damn....Apparently not a close or good childhood friend :) At $25k over the dealership and FORD can keep it....its not that special
Sponsored

JoelinNOVA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 R
Just curious if anyone has reached out to FORD about the ADM going on at the dealers? Just wondering what there response is if any. I have something drafted up that I will be sending. I am overly curious to their response. It seems that a company that requires applications for Ford GT's would have some ownership in this and want to have something in place to manage the sales. Whether they like it or not their Dealerships are making money at the cost of Fords consumer relations. I know the sports car market and specifically the specialty sports car market is a super minuscule market so they likely just don't care. I mean this literally is scalping at the dealership level.

And for the record other than wanting one of these, I am a firm believer in the free market. So i know what i can do....go pound sand, pay up, or move to another car/manufacturer. The market should self correct and usually does, i just don't want to wait.

And I also think now more than ever there are a lot of people that will pay whatever and mothball them for their collections.

AND why don't they make as many as people will buy or at least order. I mean there is a huge difference in making a small number and flooding the market like ZO6 and ZL1 surely there is happy medium.

Thoughts?

I always get a chuckle with these posts. Do not blame Ford. They have ZERO say over what any dealer sells any vehicle for. They wholesale the vehicles to the dealer who then decides what to sell it for. Hence the MSRP (Manufacture SUGGESTED Retail Price) pay attention to the suggested part. EVERY OEM has a legal dealer agreement with each dealer. It is very defined what each can do regarding pricing. It would by law be considered price fixing if FORD said dealers could only sell for X. Controlling prices in the free market is a huge no no. Now with that said, dealers who gouge the market with HUGE ADM's risk losing much more than they gain. Unless its a very low volume (GT500) vehicle. then chances are not much harm done. There is one other thing here. OEM's do not like dealers ADM's. You know why? Because they (FORD doesn't get one penny of if) and many times if I goes on they (FORD) raise the price (MSRP and wholesale to dealer) so they get the $$.

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Damn....Apparently not a close or good childhood friend :) At $25k over the dealership and FORD can keep it....its not that special
Market value goes both ways.

You should see what the Porsche guys do when they get GT2/3RS allocations. Or ever look into buying a lightly used special Ferrari, how much more expensive they are than sticker?

The Ferrari 458 Speciale, at one time, went for 2x MSRP lightly used. Ferrari prohibits dealers for selling at markup, but the waiting list is 4-5 years typically on hot new cars, and only go to top clientele, unless a broker buys it, then dumps it on the open market immediately, for a massive markup.

Currently, you'd probably toss your cookies, if you saw what a 488 Pista on the secondary market goes for vs. MSRP.

Granted the GT500 is no Ferrari, but it is a name with heritage, and people will line up to buy it.

OP
OP
protraxduner

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I could be wrong but i do not believe in my lifetime that the 2019/20 GT500 will command more money than MSRP outside of the initial launch. It may maintain lower depreciation but that's it. Maybe my kids(if i get a GT500) will see it, maybe not. Course I don't buy my cars to make money.

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I could be wrong but i do not believe in my lifetime that the 2019/20 GT500 will command more money than MSRP outside of the initial launch. It may maintain lower depreciation but that's it. Maybe my kids(if i get a GT500) will see it, maybe not. Course I don't buy my cars to make money.
It's all about initial demand. What is it worth to you, to have the car first?

Sponsored

OP
OP
protraxduner

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's all about initial demand. What is it worth to you, to have the car first?
Yes exactly.....I don't need to be first for $$K over MSRP, maybe a little, maybe not, haven't decided yet. Were creeping into $$ territory where many other cars come into play for me.

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
You will be wrong. Many fools will be willing to shell out for ADMs to have theirs first.

OP
OP
protraxduner

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You will be wrong. Many fools will be willing to shell out for ADMs to have theirs first.
I specifically said outside the initial launch. MANY will pay way to much for this car to be first that is for SURE. But in 5 years they will be just another used mustang with slightly less depreciation as a normal mustang.

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yes exactly.....I don't need to be first for $$K over MSRP, maybe a little, maybe not, haven't decided yet. Were creeping into $$ territory where many other cars come into play for me.
Well, from a pure performance to dollar ratio, there is only one car that will out perform the GT500 for under $100k. Thats the Corvette Z06.

Now if you want a good blend of outstanding performance, and quality, there are plenty of sub $100k offerings (MSRP). Mercedes C63S AMG, BMW M4, and Audi RS5. I purposely did not include the Camaro ZL1, because it is honestly lacking in quality, and I am fairly certain the GT500 will not have the same fit and finish as the cars I just mentioned.

So, from a performance stand point, the GT500 is going to be a good bargain. But you are right, if you're just looking for good cars for the dollar, there is a lot of competition in the sub $100k performance segment.

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
ADM is not foolish, if that is the price the market places on it. A car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
My salesman that I bought my 2017 Mustang GT from, said around $5K over MSRP for a GT500.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
I specifically said outside the initial launch. MANY will pay way to much for this car to be first that is for SURE. But in 5 years they will be just another used mustang with slightly less depreciation as a normal mustang.
Yeah I agree. After the first year, I think it will be very easy to get MSRP or less.

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Market value goes both ways.

You should see what the Porsche guys do when they get GT2/3RS allocations.
One of the guys in my local Mustang group is a Porsche salesman. We were discussing the GT2RS last weekend at Cars n Coffee and said they regularly sold them at $150K above sticker. He called it a $37K commission.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Arguing over ADM is retarded. ADM is the actual price of the car in America, because your dealing with a private dealership/entity. What you pay, is 100% between you, and the place that is selling what you want.

Home Depot/lowes/Walmart/Amazon all stock the same shit. where you get it from, at what price, is on you. Some stores will have them in stock, others wont, ie availability

what cars appeal to me>what cars can i afford>what cars do i need>what cars have the specs i want
Sponsored