PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Can someone enlighten me on whether our GT's have a K brace. I am thinking of fitting a strut tower brace but the one I am looking at advises that it can not be fitted to cars that have the k brace.
Sponsored

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.
Reactions: PKs
OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Anymore news from Ford Peter?.
I was told on Monday that it should be ready this week. (To put this conversation in context my car has been at the dealer for the past 10 days after being at an audio shop getting a dash cam installed. Once the cam was all installed the car would not recognize the key) I still have not got specifics of the warranty repair even though I have asked. They say they will explain it when done. Apparently there was a water leak around the windscreen which had led to corrosion in a wiring loom which led to some electronic glitches such as the key fob not being recognized and also they say, my intermittent problem of starting with cooled seats turned on and wiper coming on by itself. When I went in on Monday they were in the middle of a power outage and all the mechanics had been sent home so I could only speak with the service desk guy who I suspect was not all that knowledgeable on the subject. I will let you know the outcome.

Sponsored

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.
I have the same aircon issue as you Peter i hope i don't have a leak or any corrosion in the loom,when they show you where it is can you let me know,
and i get Ford to check it for me when i get my oil changed @ 5000klm.

Cheers.

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Thanks Corey but it's the k-brace up the top of the engine near the firewall and in your US cars, near the battery. Our battery is on the other side. My query is regarding fitment of the Mishimoto strut tower brace which I understand may not fit RHD cars for some reason. So far Mishimoto have not got back to me yet but the supplier here has a client's photos that show the Mishimoto strut tower brace has conflicts with the standard k-brace.

OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I have the same aircon issue as you Peter i hope i don't have a leak or any corrosion in the loom,when they show you where it is can you let me know,
and i get Ford to check it for me when i get my oil changed @ 5000klm.

Cheers.
Sure Troy, I can do that.

Aussie Mate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt K1121 - (2019 Model) - Built 28 Aug 2018
Can someone enlighten me on whether our GT's have a K brace. I am thinking of fitting a strut tower brace but the one I am looking at advises that it can not be fitted to cars that have the k brace.
As far as I am aware all GT's that come to Australia have the K brace fitted as standard. It goes from the firewall across to the strut tower.

my 2015 GT had it - and I was able to fit the standard strut tower brace - with a bit of mofication.

Sponsored
OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
As far as I am aware all GT's that come to Australia have the K brace fitted as standard. It goes from the firewall across to the strut tower.

my 2015 GT had it - and I was able to fit the standard strut tower brace - with a bit of mofication.
Thanks Bruce. I am now convinced that we all (Australian RHD Mustangs) have the k-brace. So now can anyone confirm whether or not the Mishimoto strut tower brace as sold in Australia proves no fitment problems. I have one supplier saying that they fit no dramas and another saying that a buyer could not fit it because of conflicts with the k-brace. There were half a dozen buyer photos supplied that confirmed that.

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Yes all Australian Mustangs have the K brace. I fitted the stock Mustang GT Tower brace, I purchased from PJ Pony Parts when the A$ was stronger for less than half of the local asking price. I fitted it in 10 minutes, with some perfectly sized washers to lift it maybe 5 - 10mm for clearance purposes. Easy as and looks great, I also thought it tightened up the front end a smidgen more.
Cheers,
Phil

OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Yes all Australian Mustangs have the K brace. I fitted the stock Mustang GT Tower brace, I purchased from PJ Pony Parts when the A$ was stronger for less than half of the local asking price. I fitted it in 10 minutes, with some perfectly sized washers to lift it maybe 5 - 10mm for clearance purposes. Easy as and looks great, I also thought it tightened up the front end a smidgen more.
Cheers,
Phil
Thanks Phil. Yes I was looking at the Mishimoto tower brace but it appears that it conflicts with the k-brace on Australian cars. I very much prefer the look of the slimmer rounded brace similar to those on the early Mustangs but I don't think it is worth it to take the k-brace off.

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
No, do not take off the K brace, 1. I think it would be a big job and, 2. I think it adds much needed front end tightness