Egghead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
I'm surprised that the guys in the UK are saying the Ford racing brace will suit, as I thought they were exactly the same as oem, but just a different colour?

Any chance of pictures [MENTION=10325]Aussie Mate[/MENTION]?
That's why I was getting confused !!!??
Sponsored

quick duck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VZ Berlina wagon
there is an easy fix to this problem. You will need to... ohh thats right... all i know is carby upgrades. Oh well good luck :)

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
thanks for reinforcing my opinion, thanks :paddle:
Hey [MENTION=18356]quick duck[/MENTION], I found the perfect custom plates for you - and they're still available here in WA!

Capture.PNG

:)

Sponsored

quick duck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VZ Berlina wagon
Hey @quick duck, I found the perfect custom plates for you - and they're still available here in WA!

Capture.PNG

why would I want to say hello to a horse? :crazy:

but back to the OP, there is an easy fix. For most of the issues people here discuss ad nauseam, there is information readily available.

or you can keep reading Hybrid and a few others, who like to just repeat and repeat.... :barf:

jumby

Master Cat Herder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 300C Luxury
why would I want to say hello to a horse? :crazy:

but back to the OP, there is an easy fix. For most of the issues people here discuss ad nauseam, there is information readily available.

or you can keep reading Hybrid and a few others, who like to just repeat and repeat.... :barf:
Hangon and Back up the bus mr duck - your first post on this thread was pretty much a bit of a whinge (for why I had a dig) and this isnt a first for you - so in affect pot calling the kettle black.... MUCH :ninja::ninja:

quick duck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VZ Berlina wagon
Hangon and Back up the bus mr duck - your first post on this thread was pretty much a bit of a whinge (for why I had a dig) and this isnt a first for you - so in affect pot calling the kettle black.... MUCH :ninja::ninja:
Was no winge, don't know how you come to that opinion.

I simply said I know the fix, but my input is rarely appreciated or simply told to butt out and that I am wrong (when not) and there is a few here who find it amusing to put people down. I doubt you will find one post where I do winge, I might state my opinion, if that doesn't agree with yours, it is far from whinging nor attempting to ridicule.

But you can jump on the bandwagon too if thats far more simple for you to acheive. :paddle:

but again, back to the OP... yes its a simple known fix to get the strut brace to connect correctly.

Bradek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT
Hey [MENTION=18356]quick duck[/MENTION], I found the perfect custom plates for you - and they're still available here in WA!

Capture.PNG

Shit i quite like those plates :) might take them myself if no one else wants them.

Sponsored

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
The fix is to use a die grinder and adjust the shape of the cutout on the right side.

Problem solved, no shims or spacers should be needed. I'll be doing this next week when my car is delivered, so I'll take some photos then.

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
I just had a look at my brace WILDB, there is certainly a difference between the two sides, but it's not much to have to grind off, a couple of mil would be enough. Nice work if that does the trick, and nicely out of sight with a bit of silver touch up paint.

Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback PP Manual
Was no winge, don't know how you come to that opinion.

I simply said I know the fix, but my input is rarely appreciated or simply told to butt out and that I am wrong (when not) and there is a few here who find it amusing to put people down. I doubt you will find one post where I do winge, I might state my opinion, if that doesn't agree with yours, it is far from whinging nor attempting to ridicule.

But you can jump on the bandwagon too if thats far more simple for you to acheive. :paddle:

but again, back to the OP... yes its a simple known fix to get the strut brace to connect correctly.

Ok master yoda. To save me typing into Google would you please enlighten me to the easy fix?

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Hi all.

I've now sent pics of the brace fitted with the spacers between it and the K-brace as per my thread http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41179 so am now waiting to hear what they plan to do as it clearly needs a bit of re-engineering.

If you check the first batch of photos I tagged Steeda in, you can see just how much depth would need to be ground out of the Steeda strut brace. The pic below gives you an idea of the width. Essentially half of that connection needs grinding away which is not feasible.

I was asked to fit the spacers to check for bonnet clearance, probably not as any kind of permanent fix.

FYI, here is a pic of the area that would need to be ground away to ensure it clears the K-brace. As you can see, it's a considerable amount and not something I would want to be doing. The top edge of the red blob is the current shape of the bracket. The lower edge is where it would need to be ground down to, in varying degrees, in order to clear the K-brace.

I can't speak for the OEM brace but a UK member has said it went straight on his car with no issues. He was asked for pics though and as of yet has yet to provide any. :shrug:

mkforks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang v8 r/h/d to come
I fitted the ford oem strut brace from usa
fitted straight on with no gaps or spacers needed
don't know how mine is different but fits flush on top of the k brace ok
Sponsored