Sponsored

The new 7.3 V8 fits in the Mustang......

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Probably wouldn’t be a big deal to come up with an aluminum block for it.
Uh...no, it's a pretty darn big deal to try and do that. The block construction is totally different aluminum vs iron. It'd be a massive investment to do that.
Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
And there aren't enough of you that would actually buy one to justify the price it would need to command to get enough margin to pay for CAFE fines and the investment to make it work as a car engine.

The Coyote is a fantastic engine and outclasses pretty much anything made from the time you're referring to. You want to peel out with no revs? Get a GT and put 4.09 gears in it.

Calling it gutless is one of the most ignorant things I've seen on this forum. Push the pedal down FFS.

That’s what one owner said to me. Customer is always right and he owned it!

After April I can do it myself in Toronto. No emissions testing anymore.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Uh...no, it's a pretty darn big deal to try and do that. The block construction is totally different aluminum vs iron. It'd be a massive investment to do that.
On his I agree with you. But I want an iron block!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That’s what one owner said to me. Customer is always right and he owned it!

After April I can do it myself in Toronto. No emissions testing anymore.
He should buy a Tesla if 0-60 and low end torque is the only thing that matters.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
He should buy a Tesla if 0-60 and low end torque is the only thing that matters.

As funny as it sounds he may actually have one as my place is littered with them. It’s like a status symbol. But I want my old fashioned engine. And with a four barrel carbs. I could do it myself.

In the end if it’s just a change of engine computer along with the truck tranny I could see this as a bit of a cult car thing. I have to look at this closer. I just arrived in Manhattan and still haven’t checked in - but this is good news! I hate banging up the engine bay to make an engine fit.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Lol carbs.. .

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
And the best part is slapping 7.3 badging on the fenders. I’d keep the tribar pony logo on my car though...

A real Cleetus McFarland car. :like:

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
7.3 liter pushrod engine would almost certainly be physically smaller in dimensions than the Coyote. If an aluminum version were made it would for certain be lighter than the Coyote

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
7.3 liter pushrod engine would almost certainly be physically smaller in dimensions than the Coyote. If an aluminum version were made it would for certain be lighter than the Coyote

It has variable valve timing so it may be bigger than the old fashioned heads.

Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Not sure how they are going to lay it out, but the DOHC heads are huge

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Not sure how they are going to lay it out, but the DOHC heads are huge

And the best part is that I can swag the powertrain in my car and not worry about emissions. Nobody checks around my car to renew the plates anymore. Losers wait! Seriously - I could so actually do this. This made my day! :clap:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t knock them and my first car had a veriable ventri carb. Learned all about them replacing that thing.
Talking about carbs in 2019, and not in reference to a classic or restomod. Incredible.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Talking about carbs in 2019, and not in reference to a classic or restomod. Incredible.

They are fun to fiddle with. But of course I know what I’m talking about. Will be 60 in a few months and I know I’m not alone on this one on this old-fart forum. :like:

Understand we have no emissions checks in two months. All us gear heads up here are free again. Like a man blind all his life - suddenly given sight!

Why carborators in 2019? Because I can!!!!!

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
Plenty of engine designs out there with aluminum and iron versions - modular Ford, GM LS, even old fashioned Chevy big blocks. I am sure that the design would have to be strengthened but the architecture is there.
Sponsored