Modifying As-Built Data Guide

Aubrey

GT4949
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Planning the next one!
Vehicle Showcase
I've done it twice now, I think that when I cleared a error code it resulted in the brake lights (lower 2, not roof light) to lose power. I had the dealer do a reset and they worked again, and then I did it again....not 100% sure what is causing this within ForScan, or whether I can self fix this, or go grovelling back to the dealer....

Also I managed to reset my TPMS and looks like I'll have to do a manual reprogramming unless there's a smarter way?

Thanks for any pointers, I'm on a steep learning curve coming off a low base....cheers.
Sponsored

77Highboy77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
Clearing error codes shouldn't cause issues with lights, unless possibly the error code is about the lighting system. Do you have a copy of you as built data for your car? If so you can go through and see where the difference is and correct it, that should fix the issue. If you don't have a copy, you can get one from the Ford site using your VIN.

Aubrey

GT4949
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Planning the next one!
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the pointer, I downloaded my as built data file based on my VIN. I then uploaded it overwriting the Forscan profile, but the power problem remained, so there’s something else going on. I’m not sure how to compare the two files.

77Highboy77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
Hmm, unfortunately I've had little experience in troubleshooting issues on these cars, so I'm not sure what the next step would be. I would guess some sort of short in the system that is triggering something in the system to shut the lights down, though I really have no idea.

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
Hmm, unfortunately I've had little experience in troubleshooting issues on these cars, so I'm not sure what the next step would be. I would guess some sort of short in the system that is triggering something in the system to shut the lights down, though I really have no idea.
I'm no expert but I would check for codes in forscan. forscan pulls all the Ford specific codes.

Sponsored

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
I have a question Do I need my as built data guide to make changes in forscan I know what numbers to change & on what line . And I knows the stock numbers I will be changing my differential from 315... to 355

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
no, forscan displays the as built data and and you change it line that you want. it's always a good idea to download the as built data file from forscan before you make changes(you do every module individually) or at minimum download a copy of your as built data from Ford website in case you need later on.

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
I use the OBD2 —> usb one for the last couple of years and it works absolutely perfect.
Which model / part number are you using? Not sure I want to use a Bluetooth module.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
What about OBDII->HDMI? I ask because I already have one from my SCT X4, so if I could save myself the $20, that'd be nice

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
No windows laptop with Bluetooth... Would have to buy another piece of hardware to add it.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Has anyone figured out how to access or change any of the 6R80 or 10R80 auto trans logic via Forscan? Possible, not possible?

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
Is it possible to set a drive mode other than "normal" to be the default mode?
Sponsored