Sponsored

Anyone ever ship a Fender?

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I have a pair of mint fenders from my 2016. Does anyone know the best way to package and ship them? I'd like to put them on Ebay, but they seem kinda big and difficult to package properly so they don't get banged up.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I shipped a pair of 68 Charger fenders. Built a 2x4 crate lined inside with styrofoam peanuts in plastic bags. Told the buyer what I did and shipping would be big $$$. He didn't care as long as they arrived undamaged.

rlyons13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Convertible w/ 50th Anniversary Pack
Yeah I shipped a pair of 68 Charger fenders. Built a 2x4 crate lined inside with styrofoam peanuts in plastic bags. Told the buyer what I did and shipping would be big $$$. He didn't care as long as they arrived undamaged.
If the buyer and seller have a Greyhound bus depot anywhere near them, that is the way to ship. It's best effort, and you have to go pick it up, but it is by far the cheapest. I've used it a few times and it's been great for me.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
If the buyer and seller have a Greyhound bus depot anywhere near them, that is the way to ship. It's best effort, and you have to go pick it up, but it is by far the cheapest. I've used it a few times and it's been great for me.
I can also attest to using Greyhound. I used it years ago to ship and receive Mustang front seats (they were the rare original Ford Motorsport seats of the 80’s). I had to go to the (not so local to me) Greyhound Depot - it was an inconvenience, but it was the least expensive method of shipping over UPS, FedEx and some trucking services.

You could also try contacting shippers via UShip - you can source out local drivers based on their customer feedback who travel the country.

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Just put it in a case, its not a big deal. But if you ship a Gibson buy the insurance.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I watch several car re-building shows on YouTube. Most of them order used parts to re-build the salvaged cars they've bought to work on.

The number of times bad packaging has lead to shipping-damaged parts, and then delays and costs, is astonishing.

So, be a great guy and build a box from wood, them pack them in there with old towels or something like that.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
I had a Stratocaster shipped for my Grandson.
Does that help??

It arrived undamaged; packaged very well................

wht67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
gone
Vehicle Showcase
+1 for Greyhoud. I shipped a front bumper cover from my S197 and it was by far cheaper and it arrived in good condition and the buyer was happy!
Sponsored