Letter to FORD addressing ADM?

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
Keep in mind it would be illegal for Ford under its current agreements to force dealerships to do anything.

If they tried they'd lose in court.

So supply and demand will continue to do what it always does.

If you want the price to go down then wait for Ford to make more....if you want to complain, complain that Ford has not made enough to lower the prices.
How did Dodge manage to pull that off with the Demon then? They threatened to blacklist any dealer who sold over MSRP.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Cant, without any #s they wont make a deal. There are 2 GMs I trust, and they wont take a DP until they do.
Sure you can. I did. You may not know sticker right now, but base it on MSRP (either plus or minus). Give a deposit and get the agreement in writing. Done.

OP
OP
protraxduner

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Sure you can. I did. You may not know sticker right now, but base it on MSRP (either plus or minus). Give a deposit and get the agreement in writing. Done.
This is exactly correct. However in reality getting dealers to do this (in my experience) is next to impossible. Again dealer relationship has a lot to do with this but i get the impression from the dealers i dealt with that they would rather not get into a contract until they know if there is a better sucker with more money.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
How did Dodge manage to pull that off with the Demon then? They threatened to blacklist any dealer who sold over MSRP.
Obviously such a provision is in their operating agreement.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
This is exactly correct. However in reality getting dealers to do this (in my experience) is next to impossible. Again dealer relationship has a lot to do with this but i get the impression from the dealers i dealt with that they would rather not get into a contract until they know if there is a better sucker with more money.
You said it correctly.

For everyone else.....If you are Joe Blow walking in off the street, any dealership would be happy to sell you a prime allocation for a 25K ADM. Otherwise, based upon my experience, you need to have friends at the dealerships. It is a give and take relationship. Send a lot of business their way and be a loyal ford customer at that dealership. Make friends during the process. Remember however, it is a business relationship. If you are on the outside and don't want to pay ADM's, then you will have to wait your turn and make a lot of phone calls around the country (enjoy the rollercoaster ride). The 350 market may be a good indicator of how things are going to go depending on what the GT500 performance delivers and how the car is received by automotive enthusiasts in and outside of the Ford brand.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
I think there will be dealers auctioning the GT500 with the ADM being the reserve number.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I think there will be dealers auctioning the GT500 with the ADM being the reserve number.
You mean Ebay? That's nothing new.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
They didn't pull it off.

I know a guy who maintains a car collection for a very wealthy dude down in Texas. He paid $150k for a Demon.

There are tons of guys who paid ADM on that car.

Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
It's easy. As a consumer, just say no to ADM. If everybody said no to ADM then there would be no ADM. Don't get mad at Ford for ADMs. Don't get mad at the dealership for ADMs. Buyers validate dealership ADMs by paying them.

Last edited:

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
It's easy. As a consumer, just say no to ADM. If everybody said no to ADM then there would be no ADM. Don't get mad at Ford for ADMs. Don't get mad at the dealership for ADMs. Get mad at the people who validate dealership ADMs by paying them.
Since many of these cars are luxury items, there will ALWAYS be those to whom price is no object. This is as it should be. I paid ADM because I wanted the car sooner and guaranteed because I anticipate keeping it forever. Nobody twisted my arm. So, be mad at me.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
It's easy. As a consumer, just say no to ADM. If everybody said no to ADM then there would be no ADM. Don't get mad at Ford for ADMs. Don't get mad at the dealership for ADMs. Get mad at the people who validate dealership ADMs by paying them.
Ah.... The good 'ol fashioned ADM is back in swing here at M6G. Click here to read about 137 pages of bliss on the same subject matter.

Who enjoys paying a ADM? I don't. Both my R models had a very modest ADM. I plan to keep my R's for a long time. So the dealer markup really means nothing to me. If you are in the game of buying and unloading, then yes, you will probably never recoup the markup you paid.

I work hard for my money. I enjoy spending it as I see fit. I do not enjoy people telling me how I should spend it. If I want something enough and I choose to spend extra to get it, that doesn't make me a bad person. To the contrary, it makes me an American who enjoys the free market economy. Supply and demand..... It, over time, corrects everything. I guess the problem here is a sense of entitlement that is becoming more and more pervasive in our culture as time goes by.

Don't worry, they will make a boat load of these 500's and anyone who wants one will eventually get one.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I don’t consider myself a “dope”, exactly. Just a guy who wanted a car likely to be in short supply indefinitely and who paid a premium for the privilege of moving to the front of a line of unknown length.
It's exactly the decision I made on my GT350. I paid a $5k ADM in the fall of 2015 and I had one of the earlier cars. Very few people had their GT350s yet. Many of the 2015s hadn't even been delivered. I had a line on a non-ADM car, but that opportunity fell through. And I was too lazy/impatient/foolish - whatever you want to call it - to continue waiting and see whether I would get another chance to buy a car. All the dealers near me had long queues of people in line waiting - longer lines than the number of allocations. Some dealers were asking over $20k ADM at that time.

For me, it was worth it. I realized the first few days after I drove the car home that when I bought it I made the right decision.

Then 8 months later when I went to the track the first time and hit limp mode, I wished I would have waited. Then when I saw the 2017 colors I also wished I had waited.

But I still do love the car and all these feelings are fleeting. Before I owned the GT350 I was switching cars on a yearly basis, because I just got too bored and wanted something different. I'm not getting that bored feeling with the GT350, even after over 3 years of ownership.

So I completely agree with and totally support your decision to pay some ADM on your Bullitt. Sometimes the car/timing is worth it.
Sponsored