3.7 Forced induction

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
I will search to an extent but eventually will give up if I find absolutly nothing relating to what I am looking for...

So I take it you are attempting this swap as well?
Yup, I've gathered all the parts. Just waiting for a temperature above freezing to start the install
Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Yes displayed identical to the stock sensor

Engine vacuum was the same as well I even drove around the block.
That is great then! Would seem to point to a fully functional 2 bar sensor compatible with the stock configuration.

BTW I was able to find that connector using the part number on mouser for less then $2... Does not come assembled though. It is useful having an actual part number!

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
That is great then! Would seem to point to a fully functional 2 bar sensor compatible with the stock configuration.

BTW I was able to find that connector using the part number on mouser for less then $2... Does not come assembled though. It is useful having an actual part number!
Yes I found that after as well but at the time they were out of stock with an unknown lead time. They must have gotten some in.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Yes I found that after as well but at the time they were out of stock with an unknown lead time. They must have gotten some in.
Says they have about 6k in stock so I think they might have. :cwl:

Sponsored

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Says they have about 6k in stock so I think they might have. :cwl:
Did you already get your kit? I was a little underwhelmed at what was included for the price. I was expecting what was in the "prototype" kit I saw in another post, but it didn't include some things like the manifold gaskets.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Did you already get your kit? I was a little underwhelmed at what was included for the price. I was expecting what was in the "prototype" kit I saw in another post, but it didn't include some things like the manifold gaskets.
I am not purchasing the supersix kit for that reason. To expensive for what you get. I have access to a machine shop at work so I will be making my own adapter plates. A long time ago I identified the stock oil and water feed ports on the 3.5 and found that those ports exist on the 3.7 so I will be using OEM lines as well. The drain lines are where mods are needed.

What is funny is that the stock 3.5 exhaust manifold will bolt directly to the drivers side head with no adapter needed, all mounting holes exist. The issue is that the rear most mounting point on the passenger side does not exist. That is the only point missing on the 3.7 for the 3.5 manifolds.

I am going to modify the stock 3.5 manifolds to eliminate that rear most mounting hole and add 1-2 mounting points much closer to the port to try and eliminate the warping issue experienced on stock 3.5 EBs. My adapter plates will reflect that change.

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
I am not purchasing the supersix kit for that reason. To expensive for what you get. I have access to a machine shop at work so I will be making my own adapter plates. A long time ago I identified the stock oil and water feed ports on the 3.5 and found that those ports exist on the 3.7 so I will be using OEM lines as well. The drain lines are where mods are needed.

What is funny is that the stock 3.5 exhaust manifold will bolt directly to the drivers side head with no adapter needed, all mounting holes exist. The issue is that the rear most mounting point on the passenger side does not exist. That is the only point missing on the 3.7 for the 3.5 manifolds.

I am going to modify the stock 3.5 manifolds to eliminate that rear most mounting hole and add 1-2 mounting points much closer to the port to try and eliminate the warping issue experienced on stock 3.5 EBs. My adapter plates will reflect that change.
Yea the adapter plates and the instructions are the only thing of real value in the kit and I'm not sure they justify the cost. I already have it though so I'm going to use it. I'm not going to pull the engine so knowing where to tap the pan safely was a big concern for m.

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6

Like an idiot I expected the kit to contain everything shown here:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/twin-turbo-v6-project.57645/page-2#post-1405298

Still a little pricey but reasonable.

... then after I got my kit I actually read what was included on their website.

Live and learn

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Yea the adapter plates and the instructions are the only thing of real value in the kit and I'm not sure they justify the cost. I already have it though so I'm going to use it. I'm not going to pull the engine so knowing where to tap the pan safely was a big concern for m.
I will not be pulling the engine either. Plan is to get a replacment pan, drill and tap outside the car, and then swap them. Easier said then done but should be far easier then pulling the engine.

Sponsored

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
I will not be pulling the engine either. Plan is to get a replacment pan, drill and tap outside the car, and then swap them. Easier said then done but should be far easier then pulling the engine.
You would still need to drop the subframe to swap the pan correct? If I was going that route I'd probably use the fittings that sandwich the pan rather than tap it.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
You would still need to drop the subframe to swap the pan correct? If I was going that route I'd probably use the fittings that sandwich the pan rather than tap it.
I should not have to completely drop the subframe, just loosen it from what I saw in the Ford service manual. That is combined with raising the engine.

I will likely weld in threaded bosses depending on the oil pan thickness.

What would be nice is if I could create a sort of secondary oil tank for each turbo that would allow the turbos to drain. Those tanks would then be plumbed in to the oil drain port. Would eliminate all of the work required for those drain ports without requiring a scvanage pump....

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
I should not have to completely drop the subframe, just loosen it from what I saw in the Ford service manual. That is combined with raising the engine.

I will likely weld in threaded bosses depending on the oil pan thickness.

What would be nice is if I could create a sort of secondary oil tank for each turbo that would allow the turbos to drain. Those tanks would then be plumbed in to the oil drain port. Would eliminate all of the work required for those drain ports without requiring a scvanage pump....
I had the same exact idea, but I just don't think there is enough room

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I had the same exact idea, but I just don't think there is enough room
I believe a porsche actually had a design like what I was talking about. The tanks would not have to be large, maybe 2 3" diameter pipes about 6-10" long. The turbos are mounted high enough where those tanks should be able to be placed above the oil level line.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Found it...

DSC049611309528925.jpg
Sponsored