OP
OP
Devil5oh

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
The Stage 1 power pack that I had for 3 weeks before i got my whipple raised the redline to 7300. The stage 2 raises it to 7500 i believe.

bldog50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Has anyone had any issues with the Power Pack 2? Ever since I had mine installed, it makes a clicking sound when I accelerate. Its only at lower RPMs when this happens (like around 1200-2500). I havent been able to find much info on this issue except for one other person. I was told to try a different gas station like Shell but still having the same issue. No CEL or anything like and I only use 91.

Last edited:

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
It could be a bit of ping. That doesn’t necessarily mean there’s something drastically wrong, though. I have PP3 and run 91 and under load at lower rpms I’ll hear a little rattle that goes away with revs. Most noticeable if there’s a wall or truck next to you to reflect the sound. Mostly happens on warmer days (higher IAT). Ford likes to push the timing to and slightly beyond the hairy edge of knock...even on stock engines (manual: “Do not be concerned if your engine sometimes knocks lightly”). I’ve spoken to FP and they swear it’s normal, and I personally believe them. I haven’t read posts from PowerP users who’ve experienced engine problems related to pinging. But if you’re still concerned definitely talk to FP or get other 91 users opinions to see if your car is behaving as expected or not.
BTW I’ve spoken to gas station fueling truck drivers who’ve told me the 91 and lower octane lines get mistaken once in a while.

Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
If you are going forced induction I would suggest doing that first. You would want to make sure the cold air kit fits on the blower and you have the tune cost also. We have some great deals on whipple installs. We have 8000$ for 18-19 mustang GT and for forum members 7600$ if you ask for me my name is Jake. Also on 15-17 mustang GT 7500$ and 7100$ for forum members. If you have any questions call me at 313-561-5500 thank you.
ex_q90_w680_h_2017-2018-Mustang-GT-Whipple.jpg

bldog50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
It could be a bit of ping. That doesn’t necessarily mean there’s something drastically wrong, though. I have PP3 and run 91 and under load at lower rpms I’ll hear a little rattle that goes away with revs. Most noticeable if there’s a wall or truck next to you to reflect the sound. Mostly happens on warmer days (higher IAT). Ford likes to push the timing to and slightly beyond the hairy edge of knock...even on stock engines (manual: “Do not be concerned if your engine sometimes knocks lightly”). I’ve spoken to FP and they swear it’s normal, and I personally believe them. I haven’t read posts from PowerP users who’ve experienced engine problems related to pinging. But if you’re still concerned definitely talk to FP or get other 91 users opinions to see if your car is behaving as expected or not.
BTW I’ve spoken to gas station fueling truck drivers who’ve told me the 91 and lower octane lines get mistaken once in a while.
Thanks for the info!

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Power pack 2 makes it feel like it should have come from the factory. The difference is quite a bit more than I expected. I had a 1st gen coyote/BAMA tuned and that's got nothing on how PP2 woke up this motor.
Sponsored