Sponsored

2019 MagneRide back ordered?

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
The salesmen must love some of you guys. You are so naive. It is a simple matter of logistics. My dealer sells a ton of trucks, but rarely orders anything else from the factory. Most times it is faster to find something at another dealer that matches. I am also negotiating on a new Flex and they are looking for one like I want.

Because the dealer does not traditionally keep Mustangs in stock, they are not given an allocation that will put them high on the list for processing. Normally that would just mean waiting a couple weeks more, but somebody decided that they won’t have enough MagneRides to meetup their demands, so they are limiting who gets them. If I had gone to some throwaway salesman at the local mega dealership, I would have my car by now because they have allocations. It’s a gamble people take.
So the simple answer for you is.....no Mustang for you. Have a nice day!
Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
My BIL has the summer only tires which was why I had a set of wheels w/all season tires picked out to install by the dealer or myself when I get the car. My personal opinion is that summer only should be an option, not standard issue.
Summer only tires are an option. You must have checked that box.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
You know, I have never worked for a car dealer nor have I ever had a job selling a physical product. I have, however, sold a fair amount of engineering services. In that context, I have come across a lot of people who have told me how much they know about the business and how good a negotiator they are. To my recollection, all of them leave a lot of money / service / value on the table while walking away thinking how how well they have taken the other side.

Old quote from Chuck Conners in The Rifleman: "The first thing to know when you're trading with a real horse trader is to figure you're gonna get skinned." One would think someone from Oklahoma would know that.

Last edited:

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
The salesmen must love some of you guys. You are so naive. It is a simple matter of logistics. My dealer sells a ton of trucks, but rarely orders anything else from the factory. Most times it is faster to find something at another dealer that matches. I am also negotiating on a new Flex and they are looking for one like I want.

Because the dealer does not traditionally keep Mustangs in stock, they are not given an allocation that will put them high on the list for processing. Normally that would just mean waiting a couple weeks more, but somebody decided that they won’t have enough MagneRides to meetup their demands, so they are limiting who gets them. If I had gone to some throwaway salesman at the local mega dealership, I would have my car by now because they have allocations. It’s a gamble people take.
So, you completely understand the game, yet you still went to a dealer knowing he may not have allocation for the car you want to order, and now you're upset that you don't have the car you want, but knew going in, your dealer couldn't deliver. Ok, I get it now. I guess I am a little naive (although I was able to get the exact car I wanted in 11 weeks at a pretty damn good price as far as I'm concerned).

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Summer only tires are an option. You must have checked that box.
Magneride requires a PP, PPs are only available with summer tires. There is no all seasons option for Performance Pack 1 or 2.

Sponsored

motodad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Whipple Boosted; 2020 F350 PSD
Vehicle Showcase
How can you tell from the window sticker if a car is PP1 or PP2?

There is a sweet fully optioned 2019 GT with PP (1 or 2) and MR, digital dash, Safe and Sound, etc.. in stock at Raceway Ford in Riverside, CA.
https://www.racewayford.com/inventory/New-2019-Ford-Mustang-PREMIUM-1FA6P8CF6K5125746/

Also the window sticker does not say Special Order, but where I would look for that, I see: 09 04 18 Would that have been its blend date?? If so, this car has been around for awhile. In fact, most likely came from somewhere with a colder climate and was moved/transferred to this dealer for hopes of selling over the winter.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From the price of the performance package, if nothing else. List on PP1 is around $4000, list on PP2 is around $6500.

EDIT; $3995. That's PP1

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In fact, most likely came from somewhere with a colder climate and was moved/transferred to this dealer for hopes of selling over the winter.
The original state to which it was shipped is in the upper right, just after the FLR-XXXXXX number. In this case, it shows it was originally shipped to a dealer in CA.

Bubba Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT

There is a sweet fully optioned 2019 GT with PP (1 or 2) and MR, digital dash, Safe and Sound, etc.. in stock at Raceway Ford in Riverside, CA.
https://www.racewayford.com/inventory/New-2019-Ford-Mustang-PREMIUM-1FA6P8CF6K5125746/

Also the window sticker does not say Special Order, but where I would look for that, I see: 09 04 18 Would that have been its blend date?? If so, this car has been around for awhile. In fact, most likely came from somewhere with a colder climate and was moved/transferred to this dealer for hopes of selling over the winter.

Pp1 look at the wheels

Also that's a horrible price, they're only giving the Ford 2k incentive and no MSRP discounts??

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, you completely understand the game, yet you still went to a dealer knowing he may not have allocation for the car you want to order, and now you're upset that you don't have the car you want, but knew going in, your dealer couldn't deliver. Ok, I get it now.
Some people like to take the ride all the way to the end to see what happens.

Sponsored

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
So, you completely understand the game, yet you still went to a dealer knowing he may not have allocation for the car you want to order, and now you're upset that you don't have the car you want, but knew going in, your dealer couldn't deliver. Ok, I get it now. I guess I am a little naive (although I was able to get the exact car I wanted in 11 weeks at a pretty damn good price as far as I'm concerned).
You assume two things; first that I will not get the Mustang. I will get the Mustang. It is a matter of when and if it will be a 2020. I am disappointed that it will not get here sooner, but it is more important to get exactly what I want.
Second, I or the dealer would know what is going to happen months in advance.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
You assume two things; first that I will not get the Mustang. I will get the Mustang. It is a matter of when and if it will be a 2020. I am disappointed that it will not get here sooner, but it is more important to get exactly what I want.
I didn't assume anything. First, you still don't have a car, and you're not even certain if you're going to get a '19 or a '20 even though '19 order banks are open for nearly 4 more months. '20 Job 1 isn't scheduled until mid August. That's a long time. Second, your dealer knows whether or not he has allocation. If you insist on ordering exactly what you want, you sir, need to find a different dealer. May I suggest Thoroughbred Ford in Kansas City. Ask for Johnathon Renner. He will take good care of you. They won't even ask for any money down on your order. And, they will have allocation for a Mustang.

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
And if you were to talk to that gentleman, I am certain that he would say he could not get an Ecoboost with MagneRide. My dealer can get the car, but not with MagneRide.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I didn't assume anything. First, you still don't have a car, and you're not even certain if you're going to get a '19 or a '20 even though '19 order banks are open for nearly 4 more months. '20 Job 1 isn't scheduled until mid August. That's a long time. Second, your dealer knows whether or not he has allocation. If you insist on ordering exactly what you want, you sir, need to find a different dealer. May I suggest Thoroughbred Ford in Kansas City. Ask for Johnathon Renner. He will take good care of you. They won't even ask for any money down on your order. And, they will have allocation for a Mustang.
SB just give up on this guy. He just flip flops between Magneride supply and dealer allocation as to why he does not have a Vin# yet. If you say Magneride is not the problem since others are getting theirs he will say it is because his dealer does not have allocation. He will just keep flipping it back and forth. To me he is nothing but a troll.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do tell. You and the dealer certainly didn't know months in advance that he was going to fall on his face on this one. Actually, that may not be true. Reconsidering. the dealer may well have known, but kept you on the hook regardless.

My dealer can get the car, but not with MagneRide.
There seems to be no end to the things your dealer can't do.
Sponsored

Last edited: