Sponsored

2019 MagneRide back ordered?

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
The same thing occurred on 2018s. Ford only allocates a certain amount of Magnerides systems per year, when stock runs low it gets prioritized to speciality cars that come with it without it being optioned like the GT350 and now the PP2. Dealers with a higher priority rate (high volume Mustang sales figures) will also still be able to get it.

My 2018 order was canceled by Ford with the reason listed as “Magneride constraints”. My dealership contacted me immediately and also immediately re-ordered my car as a 2019 even before calling me (w/the B&O system) as 2019 ordering went up a day or so prior to the cancellation of my 2018 order.
Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I am not being told anything, and neither is the dealer. And just because they are building cars with Magneride does not mean there isn't a supply problem. It is a lot more reasonable than the idea that Ford won't deliver cars because of tires. The PP2 tires are not in any way connected to my delays and many others. A lot of factors could be involved, but with my experience with Chinese industrial products, I have few doubts that Ford is having issues with quality control and pis poor vendor attitude.

Ford can only build as many cars as they have the Magnerides. Why they choose which ones get on the line should be decided by order date, but life is not always fair, and all dealers are not treated equally. I don't give a hoot why, but it would be great to know. I mostly want to know when it will arrive and to get a VIN. It is coming up on the season when I drive my Mustang for trips and shows. I cannot register for anything until I have a VIN and date. My 2013 has over 90,000 miles and needs me to spend some time on maintenance. It would make it a lot easier not to have to worry about trying to work a lot of things while trying to drive it daily. I have to pull the intake manifold to change plugs and want port the intake manifold while it is off. Like Ford, I have a scheduling problem.
You are incorrect about the tires. GT PP2 and GT 350R cars equipped with the Sport Cup 2 tires are being held until late Feb, early March as it is too cold in Flat Rock to transport cars with these specific tires. These tires are known to crack in freezing temperatures. This is why the introduction of the PP2 was delayed for MY18. There were a couple reports last year where dealers had to replace the entire set of these tires do to cracking from freezing temperatures.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Don't know if MagneRide has a supply problem or not *but* my 11 Dec order (PP1 with MR) has a VIN and is scheduled for delivery mid February (dealer says to expect end of Feb). I hope this doesn't jinx it!

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
I just got off from talking to my dealer. As of the holiday shutdown, only specialty models and certain blue ribbon (big bucks) dealers are able to get the MagneRide. He is trying to wrangle me an allocation, but if not, it may take almost a year for my order and then I will have to worry about any changes being made with the new models.

Tires on the GT350 and PP2 are another issue. Most vendor contracts have provisions for additional units, but obviously the Chinese have their own rules. It is just a pity that they have the patent.

Last edited:

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Exactly, I just got off from talking to my dealer. As of the holiday shutdown, only specialty models and certain blue ribbon (big bucks) dealers are able to get the MagneRide. He is trying to wrangle me an allocation, but if not, it may take almost a year for my order and then I will have to worry about any changes being made with the new models.
I think your dealer may be blowing smoke at you. Mine (w/ MR) isn't a specialty model, it's a straight up 6MT GT Premium with most of the goodies added, and my small-town dealer is probably the lowest volume of any of the 6 within 30 miles of my house.

Sponsored

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Its a matter of allocations. If your dealer has an allocation, you get it. My dealer does not have an allocation and that is usually not a problem, it just slows down scheduling. In my case, the delay was enough to hit the cutoff on Magnerides. Welcome to the convoluted world of dealer ordering. It is as crazy for them as for us.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Ok cool. That is about the same timeframe as the majority of 2018 PP2's. Outside of a couple they all started to show up around April and later. I am guessing when I get my VIN# my delivery will be about the same as yours. I do feel for ya as the wait does suck especially that long. If would be smart of Ford to instruct dealers to tell customers of the reason PP2's are delayed.
I just drove my PP1 in 36 degree weather .....scary ....tires might be a very good reason not to take delivery now in cold weather climates......Unless your swapping the PP2 tires on delivery....you are in asking for a cold weather accident.

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My BIL has the summer only tires which was why I had a set of wheels w/all season tires picked out to install by the dealer or myself when I get the car. My personal opinion is that summer only should be an option, not standard issue.

Bubba Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Its a matter of allocations. If your dealer has an allocation, you get it. My dealer does not have an allocation and that is usually not a problem, it just slows down scheduling. In my case, the delay was enough to hit the cutoff on Magnerides. Welcome to the convoluted world of dealer ordering. It is as crazy for them as for us.
My dealer told me he had to call in a favor to get mine built, you can never really know what's happening but he made it sound like my 10 week wait was a real rush delivery compared to some other customers.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
My dealer told me he had to call in a favor to get mine built, you can never really know what's happening but he made it sound like my 10 week wait was a real rush delivery compared to some other customers.
Do you have a pic of it in the tracker?

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
What does the "cutoff for Magnerides" mean? Production on 2019 will keep happening until around June. That seems like a long time to only build stock orders.

Also it seems your dealer has just been stringing you along filling your head with excuses. There must be another dealer in TX that can get one for you. What options were you looking for other than Magneride?

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You are not paying attention. I have specifically stated that the MagneRide is not out of stock, but as of the holidays, they are restricting them to those models that offer them as standard components because too many people have ordered the MagneRide and they cannot fill the orders. Right now, my big irritation is that somebody dropped the ball on either not procuring enough parts, or not putting the word out early enough to prevent customers from waiting 12 weeks to find out.

As for blaming the dealer, you don’t have a clue about what you are talking about. I have work at dealerships and know quite a few tricks. I also know when to trust and when to walk out. Even when the salesman is full of it, doesn’t mean you can’t find a bargain. A buyer has to know what the rules are. The best salesmen will not bargain with regular customers. They give a price that they and the customer can deal with. Haggling is not worth anything if you lose regular customers. Right now, my hope is that he can pull enough favors to get my car built soon. If not, it will be when they have the next open allocations which will probably be when the start building the 2020s.

Oh, and why would I want to go to a dealer in Texas. Nobody wants to go to Texas. Especially not at the cost of taking a lawyer to check their paperwork.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Also it seems your dealer has just been stringing you along filling your head with excuses.
I have been paying attention, and I vote for this.

My small-town-haven't-bought-a-car-from-him-in-20-years dealer had no trouble asking for and getting an allocation with MR and doing so at a negotiated price 8 weeks ago. Bunch of other people have done the same as well.

There's zero data showing MagnaRide being backordered, only on specific models, held up by bad Chinese factories, held up by trade wars, only available as a favor, or anything else. The only thing supporting the proposition are anecdotes of people repeating the "no fleas on me" comments given to them by their dealers.

On the other side, there is data showing people ordering, tracking, and receiving MR cars that meet none of the supposed special conditions.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
You are not paying attention. I have specifically stated that the MagneRide is not out of stock, but as of the holidays, they are restricting them to those models that offer them as standard components because too many people have ordered the MagneRide and they cannot fill the orders. Right now, my big irritation is that somebody dropped the ball on either not procuring enough parts, or not putting the word out early enough to prevent customers from waiting 12 weeks to find out.

As for blaming the dealer, you don’t have a clue about what you are talking about. I have work at dealerships and know quite a few tricks. I also know when to trust and when to walk out. Even when the salesman is full of it, doesn’t mean you can’t find a bargain. A buyer has to know what the rules are. The best salesmen will not bargain with regular customers. They give a price that they and the customer can deal with. Haggling is not worth anything if you lose regular customers. Right now, my hope is that he can pull enough favors to get my car built soon. If not, it will be when they have the next open allocations which will probably be when the start building the 2020s.

Oh, and why would I want to go to a dealer in Texas. Nobody wants to go to Texas. Especially not at the cost of taking a lawyer to check their paperwork.
I guess you are one of "those guys". You just can't see the forest for the trees. You also cannot answer a question about what you actually ordered. Maybe there is something else about the order that is holding it up? Can you post a pic of tracker with your car status?

Sorry, I missed you were in OK. Same sentiment though, go to another dealer as the one you are "dealing" with stinks.

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The salesmen must love some of you guys. You are so naive. It is a simple matter of logistics. My dealer sells a ton of trucks, but rarely orders anything else from the factory. Most times it is faster to find something at another dealer that matches. I am also negotiating on a new Flex and they are looking for one like I want.

Because the dealer does not traditionally keep Mustangs in stock, they are not given an allocation that will put them high on the list for processing. Normally that would just mean waiting a couple weeks more, but somebody decided that they won’t have enough MagneRides to meetup their demands, so they are limiting who gets them. If I had gone to some throwaway salesman at the local mega dealership, I would have my car by now because they have allocations. It’s a gamble people take.
Sponsored