Sponsored

2019 MagneRide back ordered?

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2019 F150 King Ranch
Yeah that's what I was told but the wait is just punishing. I'd rather have the car and have them ship the cup 2 tires later.
What does this have to do with Magneride? You posted to a Magneride backordred thread. Not exactly accurate information since it is the SC2 Tire’s that are causing your delay.
Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Yeah that's what I was told but the wait is just punishing. I'd rather have the car and have them ship the cup 2 tires later.
You'd screw up the rims real bad riding around on them without the tires.

magnetic_pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
What does this have to do with Magneride? You posted to a Magneride backordred thread. Not exactly accurate information since it is the SC2 Tire’s that are causing your delay.
My car original eta was 12/25/18 but due to magneride being availability it was rescheduled.

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2019 F150 King Ranch
My car original eta was 12/25/18 but due to magneride being availability it was rescheduled.
My PP1 GT with Magneride was ordered on 10/17/2018, original ETA 1/25/2018. Now Ford Perforance tells me it might be here as early as 1/18/2018. Again, rumors of Magneride availability issues unfounded. Was never an issue as far as I can tell.

Hattrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2018 GT A10.
Unless you plan to do extensive mods to your suspension for track work, magnaride is the way to go. I have it in my C7. Didnt have it in my 15 gt pp1. Way to hard riding when cruising. Dont have it in my 2018 gt because got an early delivery unit last January. Wont make that mistake again with my 19 or gt500!

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
You are getting a PP2, they are all delayed until at least March due to the SC2's, not magneride most likely. I say most likely because any component could delay a car from being built.

What does the Ford tracker say? Can you post a pic of it?

magnetic_pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
You are getting a PP2, they are all delayed until at least March due to the SC2's, not magneride most likely. I say most likely because any component could delay a car from being built.

What does the Ford tracker say? Can you post a pic of it?
FordShop.png

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
I am trying to get more information about what is going on. I doubt if Ford is going to let out any info if they have not been discussing it with the public. My club is involved with everything Mustang. Without information from Ford, the thought is that MagnaRide is a likely culprit for any holdups in production.

1). China has an abysmal quality control record. Many companies, especially Asian, that have contracts with American companies, have clauses forbidding the use of Chinese parts.

2). Higher than normal rejections for quality control, could severely damage production schedules by having to wait on parts. Every defective part has to be returned and replaced. If they are trying to build 500 units a week, and only 400 components are useable, then every order over 400 has to moved to when the next shipment of parts.

3). With the trade negotiations, the more American firms that are being hurt by problems involving parts from China, politicians tend to panic and bend over.

4). It would explain a six week shutdown as Ford builds up a stockpile of the part while they build vehicles not affected.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am trying to get more information about what is going on. I doubt if Ford is going to let out any info if they have not been discussing it with the public. My club is involved with everything Mustang. Without information from Ford, the thought is that MagnaRide is a likely culprit for any holdups in production.

4). It would explain a six week shutdown as Ford builds up a stockpile of the part while they build vehicles not affected.
Seriously, what holdups / shutdown related to MR are you talking about? People ordering MR since late fall have been seeing the same +/- 14 weeks as everyone else, except people who are also ordering PP2. Those people all look to be delayed to the end of March. Since the really unique thing about PP2 cars is the tires, those look to be the holdup, not MR.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Ok cool. That is about the same timeframe as the majority of 2018 PP2's. Outside of a couple they all started to show up around April and later. I am guessing when I get my VIN# my delivery will be about the same as yours. I do feel for ya as the wait does suck especially that long. If would be smart of Ford to instruct dealers to tell customers of the reason PP2's are delayed.

Sponsored

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The holdup is happening on cars other than PP2. The common issue seems to be MagneRide. If the tires have issues, that is a problem for the tire manufacturers, not Ford. For those w/PP2, there may be issues, but not enough to cause the holdups I seeing. This is a discussion on MagneRide causing delays, so you should start your own thread. It is not pertinent to this discussion.

Bubba Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I just got the sticker on mine, ordered 28th november, built today and now waiting for delivery (predicted end of the month). Certainly none of the 5+ month delays I'd been hearing about

CplNtqp.jpg

Last edited:

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is a discussion on MagneRide causing delays, so you should start your own thread. It is not pertinent to this discussion.
No, if you read the thread title (right up there at the top of the page), you'll see that this is a discussion on whether or not "2019 MagneRide (is) back ordered?". All indications are that it is not, at least not now nor for the past few months, as all sorts of people are seeing their cars being built and delivered with it. The first poster's being told that it would not be in stock until "February or March" back in November was clearly wrong, as my car ordered in November was given a VIN and scheduled for delivery at the end of February.

As I said, lots of folks getting their MagnaRide cars shipped and delivered, so your "common issue seems to be MagneRide" statement does not seem to be correct. The only really common issue appears to be PP2, and, as noted before, that appears to be tire related.

But, you said that doesn't explain "the holdups (you) seeing". Perhaps if you detail those holdups and where you're seeing them, the common issue can be determined.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
The holdup is happening on cars other than PP2. The common issue seems to be MagneRide. If the tires have issues, that is a problem for the tire manufacturers, not Ford. For those w/PP2, there may be issues, but not enough to cause the holdups I seeing. This is a discussion on MagneRide causing delays, so you should start your own thread. It is not pertinent to this discussion.
What did you order? Guessing it has MR and you are being told that is why you do not have a VIN# or delivery date?

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am not being told anything, and neither is the dealer. And just because they are building cars with Magneride does not mean there isn't a supply problem. It is a lot more reasonable than the idea that Ford won't deliver cars because of tires. The PP2 tires are not in any way connected to my delays and many others. A lot of factors could be involved, but with my experience with Chinese industrial products, I have few doubts that Ford is having issues with quality control and pis poor vendor attitude.

Ford can only build as many cars as they have the Magnerides. Why they choose which ones get on the line should be decided by order date, but life is not always fair, and all dealers are not treated equally. I don't give a hoot why, but it would be great to know. I mostly want to know when it will arrive and to get a VIN. It is coming up on the season when I drive my Mustang for trips and shows. I cannot register for anything until I have a VIN and date. My 2013 has over 90,000 miles and needs me to spend some time on maintenance. It would make it a lot easier not to have to worry about trying to work a lot of things while trying to drive it daily. I have to pull the intake manifold to change plugs and want port the intake manifold while it is off. Like Ford, I have a scheduling problem.
Sponsored