OP
80FoxCoupe

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Connector looks different than mustang?
I'm going through them too. First it was the passenger side upstream one.
Replaced that, then the driver's side upstream went out.
Replaced that, then the passenger side went out again.
All within a couple of days.

Can a tank of bad gas cause this? At 7k miles and all was fine til now.
U running extensions?
Sponsored

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
Connector looks different than mustang?

U running extensions?

Thing is, I don't know. I have the full ARH system, 1 7/8, no cats. I didn't install them so I'm not sure. How can I tell?

OP
OP
80FoxCoupe

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Thing is, I don't know. I have the full ARH system, 1 7/8, no cats. I didn't install them so I'm not sure. How can I tell?
I'm sure you are running extensions, but to verify just jack up the car and take a look.

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
I'm sure you are running extensions, but to verify just jack up the car and take a look.

I've been under there quite a bit lately...lol. Replaced both upstream O2 sensors. Just not sure what an extension would look like instead of the OEM connection. If it is an extension, running the F150 o2 sensor in it's place should work?

Witj85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT Base 6spd in Shadow Black
I had both upstream sensors fail at 20k miles or so. Gonna try the heatsinks soon

Sponsored

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
Now I could be wrong because every situation has the possibility to be different. My o2 sensor failure was due to moisture collecting into the sensor itself and causing a CEL o2 heater circuit fault. With that being said, yes I was using e85 at the time of the first fault. I have heard about running e85 and it causing internal o2 sensor shorts.

The kicker is that I replaced the sensor and swapped back to 93. Of course after running the tank almost dry. And it still fouled two more o2 sensors after switching back to 93.

My permanent fix and haven't had a single issue since even with swapping back to e85 was cutting the o2 bungs off the ARH long tube, buying new stainless steel bungs, and tig welding them as far up as possible so that they are as close to facing down as possible.

After doing this and replacing both sensor for clearity purpose, I have not had a single issue since.

OP
OP
80FoxCoupe

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I may have to do that!

RBELUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT P1
Vehicle Showcase
Now I could be wrong because every situation has the possibility to be different. My o2 sensor failure was due to moisture collecting into the sensor itself and causing a CEL o2 heater circuit fault. With that being said, yes I was using e85 at the time of the first fault. I have heard about running e85 and it causing internal o2 sensor shorts.

The kicker is that I replaced the sensor and swapped back to 93. Of course after running the tank almost dry. And it still fouled two more o2 sensors after switching back to 93.

My permanent fix and haven't had a single issue since even with swapping back to e85 was cutting the o2 bungs off the ARH long tube, buying new stainless steel bungs, and tig welding them as far up as possible so that they are as close to facing down as possible.

After doing this and replacing both sensor for clearity purpose, I have not had a single issue since.
I've replaced the Bank 2 sensor 1 3 times in 9800 miles. First time right after headers Kooks were installed. Second time I just reused the wire extension, The third time I took the old sensor wires (dead Sensor) cut them off and used those as the wire extension and butt spliced with heat shrink. now its dead again....Going to replace the bung on that side and pray thats what it is....

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I believe many running LT's have reverted to ordering O2 sensors used on the F150 Coyote setup. They are suppose to have a longer cable on them. This allows you to eliminate the extension which has been known to cause issues. E-85 is another culprit to premature O2 sensor failure. I have looked into LT's but issues like this have curbed my interest on this setup. I never had any issues on my 05 setup running LT's.........with O2 sensors that is. Of course those weren't wide band o2s' either. Best of luck

Jbud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 gr
I think the angle of the 02s is the cause. if you look up the failures several people had the sensors moved to more like the SW position and no more issues. Although it's generally always been E85 from what I've seen.

Sponsored

alxo123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alejandro
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
How did you know they were going bad? have long tubes and I'm on e85 and I suspect mine are going bad but I got no Cels, my car is misfiring at idle and has surging idle sometime

RBELUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT P1
Vehicle Showcase
I've replaced the Bank 2 sensor 1 3 times in 9800 miles. First time right after headers Kooks were installed. Second time I just reused the wire extension, The third time I took the old sensor wires (dead Sensor) cut them off and used those as the wire extension and butt spliced with heat shrink. now its dead again....Going to replace the bung on that side and pray thats what it is....
Update my highflows we collapsing and thats what caused the codes. I deleted the cats and ran 1000 miles no codes. I’ve since added redline uhp gesi cats and have 1000 miles and no codes. Also the car is making more power too.

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
How did you know they were going bad? have long tubes and I'm on e85 and I suspect mine are going bad but I got no Cels, my car is misfiring at idle and has surging idle sometime
I had the same issue. Missfire's and idle searching along with a few drive ability issues. No CEL.. But after datalogging the O2 waveform, they were not switching properly.

So to answer your question, you can see the O2 sensor not doing its job buy datalogging them or watching the PID>

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
My last shop drilled a small weep hole in the ARH to keep moisture down. Never had a o2 problem.