Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT500 Mustang leaked specs: 720HP @ 7500 RPM, 650 ft-lbs @ 4500 RPM, 4225lbs curb weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
All this in fighting... you guys wouldn’t be feeling all this excessive insecurity had you all just bought some super car killers for yourselves(1le).
Too bad you don't know how to spell Chevy's Pony car model!
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
There’s more than 1 to blame here. You could’ve easily just ignored my comment. Now I’m trying to get this thread on track, and y’all are still freaking out about your bruised egos. Don’t worry, I’m sticking around. Don’t like it? Then leave
If you want plan to stick around this forum and want some respect from most of our members including some of us that are more than three times your age I suggest that you start acting like an adult regarding your attitude and your comments including when it comes to using four letter words many times during your colorful comments and opinions.

Being an old school guy there is no reason for that type of language especially when many enthusiasts much younger than you read and browse this forum and take away much of what we all discuss and talk about in a serious manner.

We all get your passion and comments when it comes to your upgraded/modified Mustang GT versus a stock Mustang GT350 regardless of who is right or wrong but you are rubbing a lot of people on here the wrong way based on your abusive attitude and immature comments thus the backlash/negative comments from many members such as myself and others who also have had a great deal of experience with all things Mustang over many many years.

Hopefully you can comprehend the above message and can make the necessary changes in order to have some reasonable dialogue between all parties involved which hopefully will result in future respect from all sides.

:)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone will be served well to understand that their view of things isn't the only valid one, and that consideration of others views is a learning opportunity if you're humble enough to realize that. No matter how quickly you've risen to wealth, money doesn't buy wisdom.

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
Are you talking about the lousy performance of a GT350 compared to a GT inferiority complex? Or the I bought the cheap car and wanted the expensive one type of inferiority complex?:crackup:
If I buy both does that mean I can have the biggest small dick? :angel:

Sponsored

Quinten33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None, lol
Ford missed their mark.

If they’re planning to reveal the GT500 at the NAIAS, they’re going to have to battle the new Supra and the new C8 Corvette for press coverage. I mean, yeah there’s a new 735hp 3900lb Mustang for $75000, woohoo... but isn’t that just another supercharged, overweight, American muscle car? It’s the same old formula that’s been used since 2007 on the 4.6L GT500, but now executed on multiple occasions by Ford, Dodge, and Chevy. It’s just another supercharged V8-powered car at the Auto Show, along with the Hellcat, Hellcat Redeye, ZL1, and ZR1. That Redeye really stole the GT500’s thunder, and any thunder the GT500 has left will likely be taken by the C8 Corvette.

Will it set a quarter mile record? Will it beat the ZL1 1LE at Willow Springs or, more importantly, the Nurburgring? Will it go 210mph? Or will it just be another car sitting on lots at $7500 above sticker, occasionally found wrecked on public roads and often
heatsoaking on track...

I’m tired of waiting for an answer, and it seems like it will be 3 months before I get an answer and 3 more before the media and owners can chime in on the car. Until then, we’ll have crapshoot forum threads like this one.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
In the meantime Dodge comes out with another performance Drag car, the Challenger Scat Pack 1320.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting data point for discussion. 2016 base GT PP w/recaros + Whipple weighed in at 3790 with half a tank of fuel. Done on corner weight scales.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Interesting data point for discussion. 2016 base GT PP w/recaros + Whipple weighed in at 3790 with half a tank of fuel. Done on corner weight scales.
That's 3,835lbs full. Now add engine, trans diff coolers, larger-heavier brakes, wheels and tires, a heavier trans.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That's 3,835lbs full. Now add engine, trans diff coolers, larger-heavier brakes, wheels and tires, a heavier trans.
It isn't 400 lbs more, especially with lightweight suspensions components, hood. Wheels and tires will be near a wash being forged 20" (4 PP rear wheels are HEAVY, plus there was 1" spacers all around with that). Trans 80 lbs more, diff cooler 20 lbs, trans cooler another 10-15. Not sure what you mean by 'engine', as that car already has a 2.9L Whipple system. Around 3950 is realistic.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
GT PP already has a heavy transmission and you only add incremental weights for other items. The 5.2 in the GT350 is lighter than the 5.0, for example.

The GT500 should probably be heavier than an already porky GT - I agree with that though.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Except the only thing in your list that is actually significantly heavier, is the brakes..and we don't know what they will be. Transmission would be close - wheels and tires would actually be lighter (if CF), trans and diff coolers and their fluids are @10lbs each.

All guesses, on everything, from everyone.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.