Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT500 Mustang leaked specs: 720HP @ 7500 RPM, 650 ft-lbs @ 4500 RPM, 4225lbs curb weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

raker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raker
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Holy shit, weight to power ratio of 5.86..... that’s super heavy!

I guess Farruko was wrong with his predicted 5.76 number, it’s even worse..
This car continues to dissapoint.

Something happened to Ford once they started really pushing the yoga burn EcoBoost moniker. About the same time they 'dissolved' SVT. I miss the John Coletti type.
It seems the older models were far better than the new ones. The weight to power ratio is not good at all.
Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I don't think he would come back while hatchet Hackett is there. Ford performance is a sinking ship besides he's doing alright with out Ford.
Your not kidding about Ford Performance being a sinking ship. Early reviews of the Edge ST indicate it's nothing more than a mid-cycle Edge Sport refresh with a ST badge. It doesn't give me much hope for the coming Explorer and Escape ST. It looks like Ford leadership is watering down the Ford Performance brand.

Sponsored

Quinten33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None, lol
Bad Feng Shui ... :D

Seriously though, I guess they didn't like the design language conflict, since the Gen 2 front light tribars match the rear lights, and pick up on several other details that use the same angle. Like I sort of implied, it is a bit of an interesting design choice to have prior to facelift design elements continue post-facelift in the "prestige" models (but I get the manufacturing/re-engineering costs, etc.).

When the 6G Camaro got its gen 2 facelift, the ZL1 front end did _not_ change, even though it adapted the new rear lights - kind of the some of the same engineering rationale I suspect (i.e., the ZL1 has a unique front end, specifically designed around the coolers/intakes).
They put too much R&D into the ZL1 facia for it to be on the market for only two years before changing, plus it looks great as is. (Words of Al O.)

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
:cwl::crackup::inspect:
I don't think he would come back while hatchet Hackett is there. Ford performance is a sinking ship besides he's doing alright with out Ford.
well its time to PANIC!!!some FORD engineer help us please!!!!!!!!!

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
:cwl::crackup::inspect:
well its time to PANIC!!!some FORD engineer help us please!!!!!!!!!
Certainly have to chuckle about Ford Performance supposedly being a sinking ship.:wink:

Yes, this past year Ford lost and moved some very experienced and talented people out but with Mark Rushbrook now at the helm of Ford Performance they will be just fine.

Rushbrook has been with Ford for ~20 years and was hand picked by Raj Nair some 5 years ago as Motorsports Engineering Manager for Ford Performance and is a very intelligent individual with 2 Masters degrees with one of them being in Mechanical Engineering and the other in Business Administration. To say that this individual is very intelligent, vastly experienced, extremely hard working and a passionate HP Blue Oval guy is an understatement.

Mark is also an amateur racer and with Ford heading directly in the 2019 NASCAR Cup Series with Mustang in February (teams such as Roush-Fenway, Penske, Stewart-Haas, Wood Bros.) you can bet that Mark and Hermann will be not only focused on the upcoming Cup series in 2019 but will also spend a great deal of time promoting the new GT500 and further allocations for the Ford GT with the application process opening up in just over 2 weeks.

Just speculation on my part but don't be surprised to see the new GT500 as the Official Pace Car at the Daytona 500 on Sunday, February 24th.

Maybe a bit of a long shot but how cool would that be!

We all know the GT500 has been slow to launch but suggest that the wait will be worth it and that Ford Performance is in great hands with Mark and Hermann going forward.

:sunglasses:

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, this past year Ford lost and moved some very experienced and talented people out but with Mark Rushbrook now at the helm of Ford Performance they will be just fine.
I don't so much doubt Ford performance's leadership as I do Hackett's continued endorsement and funding of the Ford Performance brand

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I don't so much doubt Ford performance's leadership as I do Hackett's continued endorsement and funding of the Ford Performance brand
This in addition to execs forcing Ford Performance branding on products that aren't worthy like the Edge ST. Brand reputation for Ford Performance is critical and under performing products carrying the Ford Performance designations can damage it.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Understand your legitimate concerns but with all of the heritage, history and passion that the Ford family and many long term executives have continued to cultivate over many decades (~6) of racing at all levels I would suggest that Hackett can only go so far with respect to the lack of funding and/or the endorsement of Ford Performance before he will get some very strong push back from many senior execs and most importantly the controlling Ford family.

Let's face it, it has been quite a run for Ford Performance/Ford Racing over the last ~10 years with the launch of the 2007 Shelby GT500 and the overlapping 2012/2013 Boss 302 cars during that same timeline, then the launch of the GT350/R's, Ford GT's, Fiesta ST, Focus ST, Focus RS and of course the Raptors. I might have even missed a couple of models but you get my point.

Quite a pace to say the least and in my opinion nothing that GM or Mopar has come close to mirror over that same time period.

I could be wrong but I believe that Ford Performance has been around for some ~40 years under different names plates some of which I recall as SVO, SVT, Ford Racing and expect Ford Performance to be around for quite some time going forward.

:clap:

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
This in addition to execs forcing Ford Performance branding on products that aren't worthy like the Edge ST. Brand reputation for Ford Performance is critical and under performing products carrying the Ford Performance designations can damage it.
I was lucky enough to ride in an Edge ST and compare it to the 18 Sport, it's not a GT vs 350 comparison for obvious reasons but it's a quick (real quick) well handling mid-sized SUV. I don't expect Ford Performance to make 350/Raptor type builds everytime, though I would love it. What they did with the Edge is inline with the ST branding...that said I'd like to see a little different transmission tuning,it seemed just a little soft.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Understand your legitimate concerns but with all of the heritage, history and passion that the Ford family and many long term executives have continued to cultivate over many decades (~6) of racing at all levels I would suggest that Hackett can only go so far with respect to the lack of funding and/or the endorsement of Ford Performance before he will get some very strong push back from many senior execs and most importantly the controlling Ford family.

Let's face it, it has been quite a run for Ford Performance/Ford Racing over the last ~10 years with the launch of the 2007 Shelby GT500 and the overlapping 2012/2013 Boss 302 cars during that same timeline, then the launch of the GT350/R's, Ford GT's, Fiesta ST, Focus ST, Focus RS and of course the Raptors. I might have even missed a couple of models but you get my point.

Quite a pace to say the least and in my opinion nothing that GM or Mopar has come close to mirror over that same time period.

I could be wrong but I believe that Ford Performance has been around for some ~40 years under different names plates some of which I recall as SVO, SVT, Ford Racing and expect Ford Performance to be around for quite some time going forward.

:clap:
I was under the impression the Boss cars were part of the Mustang development team, not FP.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I was under the impression the Boss cars were part of the Mustang development team, not FP.
The Boss 302 program code named "747" started back in early 2009 with the first pre production cars being produced in September 2010 with Dave Pericak being the Mustang Chief Engineer and Darrell Behmer the Chief Designer.

Back in 2009 and 2010 the high performance arm of Ford was called Ford Racing and not Ford Performance as it is today.

Obviously there were many different departments within Ford involved regarding the development of the 2012 Boss 302 including Ford Racing as they had a big hand with the direction and development of this outstanding Pony car along with Parnelli Jones giving great feedback to the team back then. At the time GM and Mopar were many years behind the Boss cars with respect to performance and handling especially the Laguna Seca Edition.

I was very fortunate to purchase the first Laguna Seca released to the public as a Pilot Production car (PP0001) and kept that car for over 5 years before letting it go to a collector in Texas. Shortly after purchasing the first 2 seat PP Boss 302 I was able to locate and purchase PP0002 which was the first 4 seat Pilot Production car released to the general public and that car still resides in my garage today.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Yes I get that outside departments had input and involvement, but I don’t believe it was an (at the time) SVT project. The HP Boss coyote wasn’t handbuilt, was it??
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.