Regit

2017 Ford GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 (White/Blue Stripes)
After owning my 2017 for just over a year now, I have come to the conclusion that it just needs more power. Don’t get me wrong, I love this car and there is nothing in its class I’d rather have. When I bought it, my decision was between a Z06 and the GT350. After driving them both it was an easy decision for me. Since then I’ve driven the Camero LT1 1LE and the hellcats. You couldn’t give me that Camero, it’s just a plastic cave with a big motor. The challenger has no style and feels like it’s going to flip over around every curve. However, the hellcat charger is really cool due it’s particle advantages. The GT350 is a drivers car.

So I’m looking to add some power. TT or supercharger? I’m 90% sure I’m going the TT route. The only advantage I see for the SC is price. The TT seems safer for the engine, produces more power at low boost levels and looks great under the hood. However, I’m still open to hearing from people who would recommend the SC over the TT.

If I do go with the TT setup, Obviously the decision is between Hellion and Fat Fabrications. This is where I’m really looking for “quality” feedback on the two companies. Any insight would great appreciated.

(NOTE: PLEASE DON’T REPLY IF YOU’RE GOING TO LECTURE ME ON WHY I SHOULDN’T ADD FI TO MY CAR)
FBE3ECEE-23E5-4C2A-AC99-0B72AB4D9AE6.jpeg
Sponsored

A_Bau3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All of them
After owning my 2017 for just over a year now, I have come to the conclusion that it just needs more power. Don’t get me wrong, I love this car and there is nothing in its class I’d rather have. When I bought it, my decision was between a Z06 and the GT350. After driving them both it was an easy decision for me. Since then I’ve driven the Camero LT1 1LE and the hellcats. You couldn’t give me that Camero, it’s just a plastic cave with a big motor. The challenger has no style and feels like it’s going to flip over around every curve. However, the hellcat charger is really cool due it’s particle advantages. The GT350 is a drivers car.

So I’m looking to add some power. TT or supercharger? I’m 90% sure I’m going the TT route. The only advantage I see for the SC is price. The TT seems safer for the engine, produces more power at low boost levels and looks great under the hood. However, I’m still open to hearing from people who would recommend the SC over the TT.

If I do go with the TT setup, Obviously the decision is between Hellion and Fat Fabrications. This is where I’m really looking for “quality” feedback on the two companies. Any insight would great appreciated.

(NOTE: PLEASE DON’T REPLY IF YOU’RE GOING TO LECTURE ME ON WHY I SHOULDN’T ADD FI TO MY CAR)
FBE3ECEE-23E5-4C2A-AC99-0B72AB4D9AE6.jpeg
If price isn’t a concern I’d choose FatFab over Hellion and Boost Works anyday. Pretty crazy the detail they put into their work. Symmetrical intercooler, full custom exhaust that sounds amazing, and the new Motec ECU they built specifically for the car that let’s you actually put 1000+ horsepower to the ground.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Have to agree with the above poster. The fat fab kit is a beautiful piece of work. The system with the motec system is like ok....I would love to have this system in my GT350

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Fatfab is definitely becoming the premiere for big boy pants GT350 power. If I were to FI my car, I'd do turbos too from Fatfab. Low center of gravity, clean engine bay, TONS of hours tuning and tweaking go into their installs. But they are premiere and that comes with a premiere pricetag. I think Ben said about $20 - $30K is typical.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Have you thought about full bolt on with e85 from Lund before going fi?

Sponsored

CobraO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback
Have you thought about full bolt on with e85 from Lund before going fi?
What is the typical gain going this route and what does it include?

I'm thinking about going with the Whipple kit.

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
If I could afford the Fat Fab kit I would build the motor would have a custom crank made with a slightly shorter stroke and upgrade the valve springs and have Fat fab install there turbocharger kit on it afterwards. I would then spin it too 9k at full boost and go Supra hunting!

Mike5876

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona Blue GT 1194 RWHP
If I could afford the Fat Fab kit I would build the motor would have a custom crank made with a slightly shorter stroke and upgrade the valve springs and have Fat fab install there turbocharger kit on it afterwards. I would then spin it too 9k at full boost and go Supra hunting!
The Hellion kit fits perfectly..is in stock to ship...costs like 10k and it works I have had 5 Hellion cars and i love that company...unless you feel the need to part with 20k more for the other system! lol

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
What is the typical gain going this route and what does it include?

I'm thinking about going with the Whipple kit.
E85, JLT/PMAS intake, long tubes, and a tune will net about 530 RWHP.

There WAS an NA ported heads project going on with Frankenstein Engine Dynamics but that seems to have fallen off. With stock intake, stock manifold, stock cams, no cats, 91 octane (that was not a typo ninety one octane), ported heads, and a tune that wasn't complete, it was generating 525 RWHP at 7800 and was still climbing on a wheel hub dyno which claims to read like a Mustang Dyno, typically about 10% less. If you use generally accepted math we're at 580 RWHP corrected with those big 400 cc heads. But the owner seems to have gone ghost (bought a 2018 GT and a Raptor). The car was returned to stock, sold, and haven't heard anything since.

A_Bau3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All of them
E85, JLT/PMAS intake, long tubes, and a tune will net about 530 RWHP.

There WAS an NA ported heads project going on with Frankenstein Engine Dynamics but that seems to have fallen off. With stock intake, stock manifold, stock cams, no cats, 91 octane (that was not a typo ninety one octane), ported heads, and a tune that wasn't complete, it was generating 525 RWHP at 7800 and was still climbing on a wheel hub dyno which claims to read like a Mustang Dyno, typically about 10% less. If you use generally accepted math we're at 580 RWHP corrected with those big 400 cc heads. But the owner seems to have gone ghost (bought a 2018 GT and a Raptor). The car was returned to stock, sold, and haven't heard anything since.
I was so excited to see that build completed, such a bummer he discontinued it. Who knows how much power it would of put down with custom cams and a billet intake manifold as well. I think it’s just a matter of time before someone just puts some serious cash down to make a NA monster out of the voodoo. I know JE makes pistons with a 12.5:1 compression ratio for the car. I think this motor has the potential to reach 700rwhp NA if someone is willing to pay lol.

Sponsored

TonyJ5150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Feel free to call me about Fathouse. I don't work for them, they don't do my work for free either. I just happen to be the first guy to provide them the canvas to do their art! Ill answer all your questions honestly. 317 414-9355
In-The-Trees b.jpg

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I was so excited to see that build completed, such a bummer he discontinued it. Who knows how much power it would of put down with custom cams and a billet intake manifold as well. I think it’s just a matter of time before someone just puts some serious cash down to make a NA monster out of the voodoo. I know JE makes pistons with a 12.5:1 compression ratio for the car. I think this motor has the potential to reach 700rwhp NA if someone is willing to pay lol.
I would have been good with heads, an intake, and a solid tune. I would have bet that alone on pump gas would have been 525 RWHP. I don't want long tubes but don't want to swap mufflers either. That recipe is just too loud.

A_Bau3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All of them
I would have been good with heads, an intake, and a solid tune. I would have bet that alone on pump gas would have been 525 RWHP. I don't want long tubes but don't want to swap mufflers either. That recipe is just too loud.

If you haven’t seen this it’s worth the watch. ARH with cats and resonators actually sounds quieter than stock until it hits above 7k

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
I would have been good with heads, an intake, and a solid tune. I would have bet that alone on pump gas would have been 525 RWHP.
I followed that thread of the frankenstein build, and it was a glimmer of hope that a NA package would be offered. An engine builder needs to team up with either PBD or Lund for a top end/ remote tuning combo.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
That was a interesting build thread, to bad it dies. I have also seen threads where people are trying the cobra jet intake on our cars. I have not seen final numbers on that, but it seems that the CJ intake does well on our cars with headers and exhaust.
Sponsored