Sponsored

2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

Cxmoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
curious... thinking of returning my car to stock and selling it. Any idea on how much i should sell my whole 2018 cluster swap for?
Sponsored

Cuongpn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Anybody encountered the fuel reading problem? After swapping the gauge,my fuel consumption went kind of weird. Estimated miles went down rapidly and I got low fuel warning when I reach 180-190miles only, not usual around 280-300

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Anybody encountered the fuel reading problem? After swapping the gauge,my fuel consumption went kind of weird. Estimated miles went down rapidly and I got low fuel warning when I reach 180-190miles only, not usual around 280-300
Disconnect your battery for a few minutes and retry.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
17 eco premium, well I know it sucks but I love it :cool:, good daily for me
Thanks for the info, and no, it doesn't suck...it's a Mustang and they don't suck...now Slo-maro, that's a different story, lol :ford:

Sponsored

schenoy1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015. Ruby Red
17 eco premium, well I know it sucks but I love it :cool:, good daily for me
No Mustang sucks....(even a V6. lol.) People would kill to have your car, you are very fortunate and should be proud!

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
curious... thinking of returning my car to stock and selling it. Any idea on how much i should sell my whole 2018 cluster swap for?
I would be interested in that cluster swap of yours, depending on the condition and price. I just pmed you my email, you mind getting back to me with info and probably a few photos? Thanks in advance :cheers:

schenoy1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015. Ruby Red
It's pretty simple then for your as built data. If you want a 6500 RPM indicated redline just use the sample as built data I have with 1 change. Change 720-02-02 to 0xxx xxxx xxxx. Everything else should be set correctly for your car if you use the very BOTTOM as built not the baseline one but mine.
Does the Base Car build you are referring to start at Line 104? I have a GT PP (NON- Premium). Thank you.

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!
Does the Base Car build you are referring to start at Line 104? I have a GT PP (NON- Premium). Thank you.
]

No, Line 58. I used that with my Base '17 GT PP and didn't have to make any changes. I think 104 may be Breeves Factory as built, no sure.
You'll also need the SCCM file, it was attached there at one time.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=29356]breeves002[/MENTION] or anyone else who can answer this.

I was just watching a video on FB where someone in Europe has installed the digital cluster that indicates the speed in kph. He told me that you can switch to mph if needed - you can actually see this in the photo below.

My question is if the opposite can also happen: switch to kph in a cluster programmed for mph. I am interested in buying the cluster of someone who lives in the US, but it will be used in Europe, so I definitely need kph. If you can switch from kph to mph and vise versa, what is the reason for having 4 different clusters (mph and kph, both in manual and auto)? Are there any other differences that would make a cluster programmed for mph inoperable on a European car?
Cluster.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Mak when you hit the show mph it just shows a digital mph speed below the Kph gauge there. Doesn’t change the gauge or the KMs to miles.

You can use a MPH/miles cluster if you want but the odometer will be in Miles and speedo gauge will be in Miles even if you check the box it will just show the digital kph gauge.

Also the auto cluster has the “PRNDS” and programming that checks if the car is in gear or not. If you put an auto cluster in a manual car it won’t stop dinging when you turn the car off because it thinks it’s not in gear. I bet a manual cluster would work fine in an auto car it just won’t show the gear.

Mustang_GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Triple Black
Great Package and Setup!

Wow! We installed this package you sent and it worked great! Super job. Thanks!

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Sam. I took this information to our “European gang of experts” in our FB group and it seems that even if a cluster is mph programmed, it can be reprogrammed to show kph!

So it seems that a cluster made for the US can be reprogrammed to work in Europe and vise versa. It’s just a matter of having the right tools to do that.

EDIT: our "expert" members just informed me that a digital cluster that was meant to be used on a manual, can be flashed so that it even shows the PRNDS and the current gear on an auto. This means that that I can get the cluster from someone in the US and use it on my European automatic (that indicates kph), even if it is currently used on a manual and indicates mph. Please correct me if I am wrong :shrug:

Last edited:

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!
Anyone know the line address and location to enable the rear diff temp gauge?