Sponsored

2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

Kdoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Has anyone tried this with a 2018 with magneride? Are there any issues with the magneride when installed?
Sponsored

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!
Has anyone tried this with a 2018 with magneride? Are there any issues with the magneride when installed?

I don't think anybody has, but, being that you can get this Cluster in a '18 with magneride means that it can support it. You'd just have to get a copy of the Cluster programming from a '18 with Magna and this digital cluster. There may be other programming needed in other modules, but i doubt it.

Cxmoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Forgot to say my car is a manual .
i would consider selling my old take off. it was taken off my 2017 GT premium so it has the my color options and everything. it has 2,500 miles on it.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
For anyone doing the swap or starting to get parts, I have one of the JR3Z-3F791-JA SCCMs for regular variable wipers. I ordered it a while back when it was backordered but have already completed the swap. Its still brand new in the unopened box. PM me if interested.

Sponsored

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I have to say, this completes the car for me!
I Love this car now, This is a great Swap. Thank you to Breeves! :thumbsup:

For those of you waffling on this swap, pretty easy, Relatively speaking, and Everything works on my Base '17 PP GT!

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
anyway to get out of paying the core charge for the cluster?

Not unless you got a Busted '18 Digital cluster to send back.

Still well worth the price IMHO.
This cluster is only available on the top of the line GT, And there it is riding 100% functional in your '15-17 (or lesser '18)

To me, this was one of the few thing i liked better on the '18, this and the bump in power, but i took care of that with a Power pack II. Sweet!

Cuongpn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hi everyone, I got all the parts that I need, including the OBD2 adapter, and I have successfully connected with the car (trying with the old analog cluster).
However I have no idea how to config the as data, it looks too scary to me.
If it's possible, would someone please config a file for me that I can easily flash it to my car without messing around with the code, I will gladly give you some beers through paypal!

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Someone will Need to know your car and options. Breeves lists a Beginning As built Data set in the original (p1) post. I used that and everything works, but mine is a no option car.

Cuongpn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Yes of course, if someone is willing to do it for me
My car is an 17 auto eco premium 201a, with blis, memory seat and nav, no adaptive cruise control, no backup sensor, no lane departure assist/forward collision,
Thanks

Sponsored

eddison

I ordered everything from AutoNation White Bear Lake - the switches and cluster bezel shipped in about a week, and the cluster itself only took 1 day to ship. I figured it would take at least a week, so it looks like mine will get to ride around in the trunk until I hit the programmed miles!

I did try to order through Tasca parts but didn't get much help at all when ordering over the phone. I was told to just keep checking the website and when it was in stock I'd be able to order.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I ordered everything from AutoNation White Bear Lake - the switches and cluster bezel shipped in about a week, and the cluster itself only took 1 day to ship. I figured it would take at least a week, so it looks like mine will get to ride around in the trunk until I hit the programmed miles!

I did try to order through Tasca parts but didn't get much help at all when ordering over the phone. I was told to just keep checking the website and when it was in stock I'd be able to order.
Did you have to pay core charge for the cluster? If so, would they refund if we send back the stock or does it need to be another digital cluster to qualify?

eddison

Did you have to pay core charge for the cluster? If so, would they refund if we send back the stock or does it need to be another digital cluster to qualify?
I did have to pay the core charge. It has to be the same model to get the core charge refunded.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Has anyone looked into seeing if there is an anti glare film/spray that can be applied to the screen?

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I test drove a European 2018 EcoBoost two days ago. First observation: the car is dead slow. In Europe the EB comes with 290 hp due to European emissions regulations and these missing 30 horses are very noticeable. I couldn’t get the rear wheels to spin, something that I could do from day 1 with my 2017 EB. My 2017 feels like a monster compared to the ‘18 facelift.

The second thing that I noticed was the glare on the digital dash. There were moments when I couldn’t see my actual speed and rpm. This is an issue for me and got me think twice whether I will install the digital dash or not.
Sponsored