lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
How bout gluing a nut on the retainer clip??
Sponsored

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
Some good glue, hook and look Velcro or some Click Bond products would also work in my opinion. Once the car is moving, the airflow does most of the work holding it on.

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Weekend after next im doing this, probably gonna your a nut to the clip, downside is that if the glue ever comes loose in never getting that bolt off

Taterbootz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP. 2014 Focus Sport SE.
My bumper just got caught on the ground and broke and I was dreading filing a claim for literally a clip broken or putting those god awful quick latch dots on the bumper, but this seems like a workable solution.

Do you have any more pics you can share as far as how it looks mounted from the inside?

Sponsored

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
My bumper just got caught on the ground and broke and I was dreading filing a claim for literally a clip broken or putting those god awful quick latch dots on the bumper, but this seems like a workable solution.

Do you have any more pics you can share as far as how it looks mounted from the inside?
I kick myself for this...had the bumper off the other day to install a new grill and did not take pics...

However, I have to take the bumper off one last time to fix the grill (not all the tabs went in) and when I do that, I will take some pictures to show some more clarity.

Taterbootz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I got the retainer clip glued onto the bumper and after a second application of JB weld it seems like it will hold. The plastic body rivets I bought (from auto zone) won’t work to hold the weight of the bumper and splitter without sagging down. I’m going to try and think of a better solution, unless you have a link to the ones you used?

Taterbootz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I spoke too soon. Just went back outside and the JB weld has let go. Not sure if I just didn’t get a good bond or the heat damaged it.

Back to the drawing board. Thinking about getting some 3m 5200 and making sure it never comes off again. Might try and “make” a tab out of some thin metal and glue that onto the bumper and try to bolt it back on with that.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I spoke too soon. Just went back outside and the JB weld has let go. Not sure if I just didn’t get a good bond or the heat damaged it.

Back to the drawing board. Thinking about getting some 3m 5200 and making sure it never comes off again. Might try and “make” a tab out of some thin metal and glue that onto the bumper and try to bolt it back on with that.
I did a JB weld job on those tabs a while back. JB weld can get soft and let go in the heat if its not mixed really equally.

So, I carefully mixed equal portions, cantilevered some wheels and tires against it for compression and let it set for a good 24 hours before releasing the weights and driving it. The car looked great, but it only held for about a week. I think the issue was that the dirty plastic on the inside just wasn't a good enough surface to epoxy to.

Bugs aside, my front bumper isn't in the best of conditions from an obscene number of rock chips, so I guess at some point I'll just replace it.

Taterbootz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did a JB weld job on those tabs a while back. JB weld can get soft and let go in the heat if its not mixed really equally.

So, I carefully mixed equal portions, cantilevered some wheels and tires against it for compression and let it set for a good 24 hours before releasing the weights and driving it. The car looked great, but it only held for about a week. I think the issue was that the dirty plastic on the inside just wasn't a good enough surface to epoxy to.

Bugs aside, my front bumper isn't in the best of conditions from an obscene number of rock chips, so I guess at some point I'll just replace it.
Mine is the same way. I could file an insurance claim and get it fixed with a new bumper but I don’t want to be without a car for the time it’ll take to get it fixed. And I really don’t like the quicklatch buttons. If they could be flush mounted it wouldn’t look bad but that’s really not possible.

Sponsored

gjpundsack

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thewaltermittygarage.com
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0; AT; 355's

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
What tools is everyone using for those two pesky bolts? There has to be a better way...
I bought a 7mm Gearwrench for this screw (and others). I also cut my screws a little shorter.

WalterArch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Can anyone recommend what diameter of Quick-Latch's to get?

1.0"
1.25"
1.5"

Obviously the smaller, the better, visually. But does a larger diameter required for a good hold?

udcvsean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Can anyone recommend what diameter of Quick-Latch's to get?

1.0"
1.25"
1.5"

Obviously the smaller, the better, visually. But does a larger diameter required for a good hold?
I’m curious about this too. Also there’s an even smaller one at 22mm (0.875”).

IkoIko420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.adamjdesign.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Hello, my tabs broke on the passenger side. I decided to go with the QuickLatch alternative. I am by no means a car body guy, but it was pretty easy... even the drilling of the hole in the bumper. Looks pretty good in my opinion.
IMG_0379.JPG
IMG_0381.JPG
Sponsored