bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Yeah, lack of advertising is slowing sales of one of most well-known models in American car history :crazy:. Going over to that forum is like going to denialville. Some get it, but are instantly shushed.
Actually. They just ban you. I was banned back when I owned my 2011 SS. It drove em crazy. That I wouldn't drink the coolaid.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
You guys aren't reading the Camaro numbers right. Clearly since it's summer now they sold 13,000 in June! Ignore the other 588 for April and May, that's not important, totally kills the Mustang sales that way :lol:

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Actually. They just ban you. I was banned back when I owned my 2011 SS. It drove em crazy. That I wouldn't drink the coolaid.
I was active on there back in 2009/2010/2011 when I had my Challenger, and I had a lot of buyers regret because I really wanted a 2010 2SS but my local dealers wouldn't play ball.

Eventually I was banned for "not showing appropriate enthusiasm for the Camaro brand" and was banned for life.

I joined under another name about three years later and they denied ever doing "non-believer purges" and that anyone who said otherwise wasn't being truthful..

I posted a current screenshot of the message that pops up when I try to log in under my "old" account there, showing the ban message, etc..

They then banned my new account..so...lol

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
I was banned too! Pointed out the Gen5 Camaro sales lead over S197 Mustang was only 8%, and against the second half of the long in the tooth solid rear axle S197 production.
Goodbye edco.

I do see mostly Dodge commercials on TV. But more Charger than Challenger. Camaro got all kinds of face time at Indy 2016, 2017, and 2018. 2016 Dario Franchetti drove the Gen 6 Camaro pace car at Indy. Jim Harbough (football) drove it at 2017 Indy. I don't get the advertizing excuse from C6G. I have been forced to look at more Gen 6 Camors on my TV than I want to see.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I've always been a big time drag racer. Even though I owned a Camaro. I pointed out several times that the 5.0 was every so slightly faster than the Camaro of that time. Kinda like now in 2018! The usual suspects over there. Tried to shout me down. When that didn't work. The lifetime ban took effect. It was kinda like trying to point out to someone on this forum yesterday. That the 18GT is not a near equal to a 18 ZL1. :D I have a guy I know over there that races at Atco. He keeps a personal, journal type thread. I'll post in his thread in my wifes username. I still type in blue so they know it's me.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
The only thing GM can do to sell camaro's. Is a complete redesign. With practicality and usability at the for front of that design. The Camaro interior absolutely sucks. Visibility is no existent. And my wife has more space in some of here purses. Than the Camaro has in the trunk or back seat. I'm legit starting to worry for the Camaros future.
Agreed. The visibility and seating position is horrific. It's incomprehensible that anyone would design a car like that (supercars can get away with such things I suppose). There is a limited pool of people that will accept such a poor design.

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
I also personally think the Camaro presents a low brow image.

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, 2010 Taurus SHO, 2011 F150
That's so funny I don't see any Mustang advertising but Mustang is kicking camaros ass in sales. :thumbsup:
54 years of continuous production will do that to you. People know it's a Mustang the second they see it - no ads needed.

People probably still think the Camaro (if they know what it is) is not made any more since it took that hiatus.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Agreed. The visibility and seating position is horrific. It's incomprehensible that anyone would design a car like that (supercars can get away with such things I suppose). There is a limited pool of people that will accept such a poor design.
Except it is a supercar though :thumbsup:

White_GT_CS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
i wonder if GM added another 100HP and dropped the price 10k if it would sell any better. according to the mags its a world beater car? so why the lack of sales? the ugly exterior? the ridiculous interior??
The lack of sales are fairly self-explanatory: most people don't track/race their car. Ergo, they couldn't give a rats a$$ if vehicle A is faster around the track by mere 3 seconds than vehicle B.

Therefore, they'll choose a vehicle that is a better car to daily drive. Which appears to be Mustang / Challenger.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at the 6 months sales numbers

Mustang 42428 Challenger 37367 and camaro 25380. Its bad enough Mustang killing you in sales but a 11 year old design kicking your ass in sales to has got to be giving those guys at chevy real nightmares. I can hear the powers that be at gm signing camaros death warrant. No 7th gen me to sales turkey. :headbang:

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Jokes on you Mustangs are on every street corner hahahahahahahahahah
That’s why I like my Blackberry. It’s unique in a world where everyone is buying IPhone’s and Galaxies.

draph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6MT PP1
I've run into more than one person who didn't realize 2016 Camaro was a complete redesign over the prior year.

I cross shopped all three domestic pony cars starting in 2016. The Camaro 2SS drove much better than the 'stang, and you couldn't get heated wheel and HUD in the Ford. However, the Camaro ergo gave me a two year pause until the 2018 Mustang refresh filled enough of the gaps for me to pull the trigger. ...and I have access to GM employee discount that could have saved me about $4K over what I paid for my GT PP1... I think this is a case where the Camaro should have revealed more of its shared architecture with the ATS coupe with better rear seat room and visibility...they would have gotten my sale.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I too crossed shopped all three, I was really torn, I was set on mustang ugly last year.. set, was waiting for the “ugly” 2018’s to come out and then was going to get a 17 for a steal. Then I drove a 2SS 1LE.. was able to take it out with my friend that owned it and had a lot of fun. And for me it was a lot like the motortrend video, I felt I was driving a special car immediately. Something I never got out of the “boaty” feeling of my friends GT.. so I put it off for a while, then seen the 2018 in person and really liked the new design.

Figured before I go and buy the 1LE I better really go have a look at mustang and challenger again. Took a 392 T/A out with one of the coolest salesman I’ve ever met, guy was roasting the tires in the dealership parking lot. Let me have all the fun I could have in that car... for sure wasn’t going to buy that one but it opened my eyes up, after that I took my friends 2 week old 1SS 1LE out for a nice drive. Once again I felt immediately how awesome the car was. The view out the car didn’t bother me, didn’t seem any different then my FRS I had. Bad blind spots. But the autoblip down shifts I loved, I know “gimmick” feature, but when you jumped out of planes for a living in the army, ankles don’t work like they use to lol. And that made rev match downshifting amazing again..

Then I met up with a friend and test drove 3 mustangs, a base 6M a 6M PP and a premium 10A.. out of the three, if I was back to trackdays and such, I’d have a 1LE... if I needed to go see my brother in Georgia I’d be in that T/A.. but the best all around DD for me was the mustang.. and the price. I got a 59k GT for a tick over 38k. After gap, tax and all financed 42. The 1LE even a 1SS best I could do was 43k and then 46 OTD.. the T/A was about the same.

Anyway, I hope GM really fixes what ever issues the Camaro has... I hope Chrysler keeps the challenger up and a nice refresh.. without competition you get the 2005-2010 mustang.. lol
Sponsored