2013 GB GT
LSXtv is Mustang biased?
Sponsored

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, 2010 Taurus SHO, 2011 F150
Hey the back seat in the Mustang is not a big car, though the back seats are usable. At 5'11" I can sit in the back, I have a buddy that is 6'2" he can sit in back. I cannot sit in back of a Camaro. That was the deal killer for me.
How the hell do you guys fit back there? I'm 6'2" and was in the back seat once. Seat all the way forward and my head was hitting off the roof. My wife is shorter than me and she doesn't fit headroom wise either. It's OK for kids but not an adult.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
How the hell do you guys fit back there? I'm 6'2" and was in the back seat once. Seat all the way forward and my head was hitting off the roof. My wife is shorter than me and she doesn't fit headroom wise either. It's OK for kids but not an adult.
Yea, I'm 5'8" and my head hits the back glass. I have to lean over a little to keep my head from hitting. For you guys 6'+, it doesn't count to put the seat down and lay in the trunk.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I'm 5-10" and can sit in the back of the Mustang with my head tilted a little. My co-worker who is 6-2" really has to tilt sideways in the back.

I like that you can sit back there without feeling claustrophobic, even if you need to adapt a bit to the sloping roofline. Leg, hip, and shoulder room are decent, just the headroom that's a problem.

I bought the GT350 over the C7 vette due to the engine, the looks, and because it has a rear seat that my kids can ride in when needed.

I do think that the Camaro's lack of practicality is a big reason whey it isn't selling as well. I know people aren't always looking for the highest numbers, but instead want something a bit more well rounded, and the Mustang fits that bill pretty nicely. I think if GM makes the next gen Camaro a bit less "tank like" and a little more roomy, they will do really well with it.

-T

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I am 6'1" and a big guy. It ain't easy but I got back there just to see. I just fit back there. Nor sure I could make a long road trip but a short across town ride, I could make it. The hard part was getting my 230 pound frame between the front seat and door jam.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
The Challenger is the only car. That actually fits 4 comfortably.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
And again, you are focusing on the fat part of the equation when the real issue was his height. A skinny guy would have the exact same issue.

Your argument is unraveling based on the posts. Why don't you try saying you really, personally prefer the Mustang over the Camaro instead of finding reasons why the Camaro is no good?:headbonk:
I know I can.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Your argument is unraveling based on the posts. Why don't you try saying you really, personally prefer the Mustang over the Camaro instead of finding reasons why the Camaro is no good?:headbonk:
I know I can.
I chose the mustang over the camaro because of all of the reasons it's not good. Tiny trunk opening, terrible visibility, pathetic rear seats and a personal preference of a slightly higher seating position to name a few. These aren't unique opinions to me, every single review points these deficiencies out.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I am 6'1" and a big guy. It ain't easy but I got back there just to see. I just fit back there. Nor sure I could make a long road trip but a short across town ride, I could make it. The hard part was getting my 230 pound frame between the front seat and door jam.
Yep, 6'2" and same experience. My head hits the glass but I fit. I don't however fit at all in the camaro...not that I'll be sitting in the back seat of either anytime soon.

Sponsored

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
My recent move from tx to pa made me thankful for a decent trunk...four suitcases and some smaller items with no problem. I also had the back seats for more stuff.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
I chose the mustang over the camaro because of all of the reasons it's not good. Tiny trunk opening, terrible visibility, pathetic rear seats and a personal preference of a slightly higher seating position to name a few. These aren't unique opinions to me, every single review points these deficiencies out.

Fair enough. :thumbsup:

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
I think Ford said the EB accounts for 45% of Mustang sales.

Over 90% of Mustang sales in Australia are V8's.

Some people buy the Ecoboost because they can't handle the waiting list for a V8. The raging sales success of the Mustang has seen many buyers here waiting over twelve months for delivery.

Every Bullitt was sold months before Ford Australia published the price. Dealers here are raking it in.

No Camaro here (yet), no Challenger....no natural competition.
Sponsored