Sponsored

PP1+Magneride -vs- PP2 ... Is this a reasonable plan?

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Isn't the only major difference between PP2 and PP1 with Magneride option the wheels and tires for $800? I like the look of the PP2 wheels, and the tires are great, so that is a worthwhile $800 upgrade. But I do not like how the front tires poke, and that they are not equal width front/rear.

But I also like many things about the automatics. If I could, I would choose PP2 option with A10 trans. Since that is not possible, I would get A10 with PP1, sell the wheels and tires on Day 1, put my current A/S nice wheels on it for daily, and then buy Apex 18x10 with summer tires for track days. I like a square setup for both DD and track day.

Is this a reasonable plan?

Caution - Please do not turn this thread into Auto vs Manual debate. Thanks.
20171220_resize.jpg
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The PP2 has counter spun springs in the rear and GT350 hubs, knuckles, and retuned Magneride. Unless you are tracking, there is zero reason to get the PP2, especially since those tires will die in about 43 feet from the dealership.

Want PP2 wheels? The aftermarket has plenty of offerings that will also be lighter and customized offsets with the same spoke style.

Prokiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT & 2018 Mustang GT PP2
magnaride and wheels/tires aren't the only differences. obviously the splitter & spoiler exterior wise too, but the other big items are the sway bars and springs. it's setup to match the magnaride. and i can vouch for the overall amazingness of the pp2 combo.

i was in your shoes when i ordered mine thinking i wanted the auto for normal street driving, but really the clutch in these is so easy and smooth it's not a problem.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
With what is above, I'm also sure there are even differences in the tuning of the mageride responses/adjustments.

Sponsored

JD_GTPP2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro, 2SS/1LE
Isn't the only major difference between PP2 and PP1 with Magneride option the wheels and tires for $800? I like the look of the PP2 wheels, and the tires are great, so that is a worthwhile $800 upgrade. But I do not like how the front tires poke, and that they are not equal width front/rear.

But I also like many things about the automatics. If I could, I would choose PP2 option with A10 trans. Since that is not possible, I would get A10 with PP1, sell the wheels and tires on Day 1, put my current A/S nice wheels on it for daily, and then buy Apex 18x10 with summer tires for track days. I like a square setup for both DD and track day.

Is this a reasonable plan?

Caution - Please do not turn this thread into Auto vs Manual debate. Thanks.
Seems perfectly reasonable to me, as long as you are ok with the suspension not being as sharp in the PP1+Magneride vs. the PP2. As I understand it, Ford tightened up the suspension in the PP2 a bit more than what is in the PP1

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Isn't the only major difference between PP2 and PP1 with Magneride option the wheels and tires for $800?
It’s not just wheels and tires. The suspension and aero are different also. If the PP2 had the GT350 transmission and coolers it would be worth it.

I live in the hills and work in the big city. So, I started with a 2018 GT Auto Mag PP. After 40 years of manuals; the A10 is refreshing. My plan is to add the track capability Ford left off the GTPP with these parts. Most of these could be considered improvements to a GT350 car.

1> Forgeline GA1R wheels
2> Steeda 2 piece rotors
3> BMR rear lock out and links.
4> Stand-alone DSC controller
5> Diff cooler
6> GT350 bars
7> GT PP2 splitter
8> 2019 GT350 rear wing
9> Schroth quick fit pro belts
10> HTP MPVI2 - data logging

Cheers,

Phenom5.0