Sponsored

Go catless with boost

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Lund trans them off in all tunes unless you tell them to leave them on. If they were not turned off it would have thrown the code with the ARH CATs.
Runs good, no issues with them off.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Am I correct in assuming that the ecu automatically adjusts for the change going from cats to no cats? I mean im not gonna have any lean conditions right?

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Am I correct in assuming that the ecu automatically adjusts for the change going from cats to no cats? I mean im not gonna have any lean conditions right?
Yes, its always adjusting, using the front O2 sensors.

Sponsored

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
So... cylinder 8 lost compression. There's still some compression there but it's not working at 100% Car still drives normal no smoke coming from the tail pipe. I'm waiting for them to tear down the motor to see if there is anything else that needs to be repaired. I haven't driven the car since I found out I have low compression in cylinder 8. The shop said their gonna cover it thank God but he's saying he's gonna put a pistion in the block and I'll be fine. One of my buddies said that will never work. I need to get the cylinder wall honed then put 8 new pistons in the block instead of one. What do you guys think? If my cylinders walls aren't scratched up should I put a stock pistion in there or should I have the block honed and get 8 new pistions? I'm down to my last dime but I dont wanna put a stock piston in the car and have the same issues or worse issues that I'm having now

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
So... cylinder 8 lost compression. There's still some compression there but it's not working at 100% Car still drives normal no smoke coming from the tail pipe. I'm waiting for them to tear down the motor to see if there is anything else that needs to be repaired. I haven't driven the car since I found out I have low compression in cylinder 8. The shop said their gonna cover it thank God but he's saying he's gonna put a pistion in the block and I'll be fine. One of my buddies said that will never work. I need to get the cylinder wall honed then put 8 new pistons in the block instead of one. What do you guys think? If my cylinders walls aren't scratched up should I put a stock pistion in there or should I have the block honed and get 8 new pistions? I'm down to my last dime but I dont wanna put a stock piston in the car and have the same issues or worse issues that I'm having now
if they can show you that the bore isn't damaged before they touch it with a hone then I would be ok with just a piston and rings in that hole.

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
What do I look for in the cylinder (bore) scratches, dips, dents?
vertical deep scratches, gouges and stuff like that. they should also be able to measure taper and roundness

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
You should be able to see cylinder bore damage with a borescope. Pull the plug and look to see if it's ok or not.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
My Arh off-road connection pipes are on their way to me.. cant wait to remove those cats...my tuner told me send him logs of the offroad set up and he’ll make power tweaks for me in a revision..

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
You should be able to see cylinder bore damage with a borescope. Pull the plug and look to see if it's ok or not.
That's the way to go.

My Arh off-road connection pipes are on their way to me.. cant wait to remove those cats...my tuner told me send him logs of the offroad set up and he’ll make power tweaks for me in a revision..
I just ordered a cat delete kit for my car as well. Can't get the cats off fast enough at this point!

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Obviously your situation might be different, but both pistons 7 and 8 broke the ring lands and lost compression in mine. The cylinder walls are fine. I'm fairly certain I could stuff two new factory pistons in there with a set of standard rings and the engine would be fine. I didn't go that route because I knew I wanted to up the power. But if your on a budget it could get you by for a while.

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
you wont be able to see all the bore especially at the very top. only way to be absolutely sure is to pull the head.

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
you wont be able to see all the bore especially at the very top. only way to be absolutely sure is to pull the head.
I’m also thinking cameras do funny things. Sometimes they make things look worse than they are, and sometimes they make things look better. Reflections make it worse.
Sponsored