Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Im not gonna mind the added noise, or the added power..”Get Some”!
Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Removing cats on a SC car with headers equals LOUD. Been there, done that. I wouldn't do it. Too loud. Of course, if that is what you want, then OK.:cool:
Incorrect, like cracker said. My car is very quiet, no droning.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
My 11 with a Roush was too loud for me. But maybe I didn't have the right combination. I didn't have drone, just really loud on mild acceleration. Of course I'm an old guy....

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
My 11 with a Roush was too loud for me. But maybe I didn't have the right combination. I didn't have drone, just really loud on mild acceleration. Of course I'm an old guy....
I hear you man, I love the sound of a loud exhaust, turns heads and all but at 53 it's just not what I want especially at mild to mid acceleration when it sounds like I'm trying to race someone. I still can't get enough of a screaming twin screw with loud whine:headbang:

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Still waiting for my car to get torn down so they can see if my cylinders wall are f'd up. I cant afford a built motor but I'll be able to get a brand new short block for 2 grand. Even if my cylinder walls are fine, I dont think I should take a chance on replacing the pistons in my block. I dont wanna run into any more issues. There might be a small hairline crack they didnt see or a scratch on the wall they might have missed. I dont want any more problems. . I'm really thinking about just buying a new short block. I hate to spend money I don't have but it's a peace of mind I guess. I dont wanna worry about putting the pedal the floor and having to worry if the car is gonna blow or not. Couple guys I'm talking keep saying it was my tune that did this? I'm starting to think so. Alot of people run boost with cats with no problem but it's also a no no to run cats when you car is making over 600hp smh

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
update just had my off road pipes installed and one of my cats looked just like the op's....Guys dump these cats with boost these things do fail...kooks green cats are designed for the high heat but its still a restriction... my car is louder and it feels better.....

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Finally took mine off yesterday. Sounds so much better and I am not worried about blowing up now lol

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Yeah I have to thank the OP and all who contributed here because I've had my head up my ass thinking I could get away with stock cats, and I'm at 14psi:crazy: This thread has woken me up and shown the risk I was taking all this time. The alternatives if you don't want loud are limited for sure and it can be quite a quandary figuring out what will work without spending a small fortune. Catless will be loud and for some that's not an issue, and loud is a relative term. What's loud for one may not be to others so this was difficult for me. I really wanted no cats as to have nothing to fail and for free flowing, however that would be too loud for me and smelly for sure. I landed on getting Kooks with green cats with a Borla resonator which is one of the quiet version of going long tubes and getting rid of the stock cats. Thanks again to 6G and members here for steering me in the right direction. I lost my motor 2 years ago to OPG failure so I really don't know how I missed this one, could have happened to me again:headbonk:

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:
OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Your welcome lol. I dont want anybody else to go through what I'm going through. After spending money on a blower and install/ oil pump gears 18 intake, tube etc now I have to spend a extra 2 grand on a short block. I'm pissed off but I'm glad you guys were able to catch it before you were in the same boat as me

Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wow!! what brand cat did we have that and ho much power were you making when that happened?
My motor didn't blow but 13lbs of boost 723rwhp on pump. complete arh exhaust system...

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
mine: the other cat i can shake it and the material is loose in there...

https://ibb.co/dZRDXy
I may park my car until my Mak cat deletes come in after seeing this.

[MENTION=16819]Roh92cp[/MENTION] I am with you 100% on not making the car too loud. I've spent more that what would be considered a sane amount of time looking for ways to mitigate the extra volume. If I had a 2.5" system I would have went with the magnaflow tru x resonator. All the clips and feedback I came across point to the fact that is would get the sound reasonably close to pre delete.

Since I have a 3" system and the 2.5 to 3.0 to 2.5 to 3.0 stuff makes me crazy I went with Magnaflow bullet resonators, and I am swapping out my MBRP mufflers with Magnaflow units as well.

I don't think that will be a net zero transaction but hopefully close enough.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Take the cats off!!!! Y take the chance???.$2000 short block or a couple 100 bucks to take cats off ummm??? If you keep them on..... stay out of boost. Drive it like a old lady
Sponsored