[?] '18 Intake Manifold on '15-'17

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
Somethings gotta give. Whats the difference between those who have NO CEL's and those who do. I agree that initially wiring issues would be the culprit but so many are now checking and rechecking and showing that the wiring is NOT the issue. What is? Is the wiring diagram wrong in the DIY section? If it is, why does it work for some and not for others. Its gotta be something simple and stupid but WHAT?!?!?! Im working with Brandon at Lund and tried to get Dakota involved but was intercepted by John and he assured me that they all use the same base tune so its not the tune but rather the wiring. Hes working back and forth with me on what to look at next which is AWESOME and alot more helpful than just saying "lock it out" and being done with it. We will see what tomorrow holds for the saga of the P2007 (and P2006) codes.

Matt
Sponsored

huntiez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt white diamond pearl six speed pp
car drives fine but code pops probably after first or second wot pull and locks the valve closed throwing p2006 and p2007 and car runs like a shit box till u restart the car i really dont want to lock it out even more since i literally have check wiring 6 times and edo made mine and well hes using same on on his car so kinda odd i even redid vacuum and valve work in neutral but once u get driving its a monster for 1 or 2 pulls then shit

scoobydoonut

Texas Mustang Crazy GIRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wendy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Somethings gotta give. Whats the difference between those who have NO CEL's and those who do. I agree that initially wiring issues would be the culprit but so many are now checking and rechecking and showing that the wiring is NOT the issue. What is? Is the wiring diagram wrong in the DIY section? If it is, why does it work for some and not for others. Its gotta be something simple and stupid but WHAT?!?!?! Im working with Brandon at Lund and tried to get Dakota involved but was intercepted by John and he assured me that they all use the same base tune so its not the tune but rather the wiring. Hes working back and forth with me on what to look at next which is AWESOME and alot more helpful than just saying "lock it out" and being done with it. We will see what tomorrow holds for the saga of the P2007 (and P2006) codes.

Matt
Mine shows 1.4 volts closed and 3.3 open if I understood the mechanic correctly . On the 2015 it’s 1.16 and 4 . So he’s not sure what the tune is set to ? Perhaps this is my issue and why mine are closed . I’m a girl and quite a bit of this is confusing but I’ve never had my car drive soooo bad :( this I do know . I also know it’s a car so it should be fixable or figured out so I’m optimistic :)

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I'll stick with my OE '17 intake. The a10 makes the 18/19 quick, not the manny.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
I know that the Lund base tune is off the 2015 logic, atleast it was last year. I asked for the diff temp to be active via the nGauge and Jon Jr had to redo my tune using 2016 logic as the 2015 logic did not have the diff temp capability. It is possible that there is some minor difference in the 2015 to 2016-2017 logic that is giving issues regarding the IMRC control/feedback. That would be my guess anyways.

Sponsored

huntiez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maybe cause as my 17 doesnt use the vacuum on the valve by the imrc since 17 doesnt come with that

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe you should read some more, the manifold is far superior to 15-17... especially with boost..

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Yeah... additional hp doesnt make the car faster..... :lol:

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Why do I get the feeling that after all you guys get this stuff figured out your only going to gain 4-7HP?

Cream Puff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
in the market
Why do I get the feeling that after all you guys get this stuff figured out your only going to gain 4-7HP?
I've seen dynos anywhere from 10-20 N/A but, I said way back in I think this thread, if it only gains 10 hp peak but 1000+ more RPM on the top end I'm thrilled for 300 bucks :thumbsup:

and then we know it'll gain 40-60 hp up top on a blower setup when we get there. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
You pay more for an Axle back exhaust and gain less.

When mine is working and the IMRCs are playing nice she RIPS up top and pulls all the way to 8k with ease!

Matt

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
I've said it before, and idk if you guys tried it. the nipple that is used for vacuum in this thread is capped on a 2018. has anyone tried capping it? I feel that could be causing the code. check page 76 post 1140. in back of intake right next to blue connector is that small vacuum hose facing up. if u look at a brand new 18 intake there is a black cap that we all removed following these write ups. I didn't get a chance to test. but I feel if the 18 has it capped why wouldn't we?

huntiez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mines capped I've tried plumbing it in and not plumbing it in either way I get p2006/p2007

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
I did. No dice. Ive heard it doesnt effect anything, one person I know of who is running successfully has a vac line to it and EDOTech has the cap on it and no vac line.

Matt

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Well shit lol
Sponsored