Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
47 # injectors came in. So did 2018 Intake(Friday) but been out of town. Now gotta get all the parts on. Also ordered a Snell approved helmet for the strip!
Sponsored

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
Got any photos of the underneath?
no photos, i was under a time crunch and had to do what i could while i had the car up....usually when i have the time i will take picts but just not this time.
i had just under 4 hrs to take the boss down off the jack stands and rotate the tires, and also do the same for the GT.... did what i could to clean but it was a quickie....

Rc18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
6mt-rc-18eb
Vehicle Showcase
Velossatech ram air scoop, modified opened grilles&side pockets

Here's some pics. Gt upper grille opened up to leave only the pony in it's corral. Lower opened to better match the upper, side pockets opened to match the actual scoop size itself. Velossatech ram air scoop in gloss black to match grille also added(first ever on a 2018.:ford:

Can confirm that after a quick test drive&a few hard pulls. Per in car sensors intake air stays within 2-5degrees of ambient temp. Before it would be as much as 20degrees over ambient in any type of idling or stopped situation.

Even moving before it wouldn't get this close to indicated ambient.
Imo worth the $ not sure other then a little added turbo spoiling up noise under full throttle. What it actually offers perf wise:shrug: best guess would be slightly better mpg on long hwy trips&possibly a tenth or so at the strip:thumbsup:

Yes I know she's dirty(stupid pollen season in ga:rant: and yes I left the stock shutter assembly in place. I can also confirm getting this bumper cover off is a fn pita. Don't bother unless you remove the wheels or have really small hands? To try and get those wheel well bolts off from below. Jacked up on stands it was only really possible from the upper side reaching down in with a 1/4" drive socket, short extension, and a deep well 10mm. Also they fall out when you remove the cover itself. So don't do what I did and forget they only orient a certain way when reinstalling the bumper. They will fit both ways but only are meant to fit with the spikes against the bumper cover itself:headbonk:
20180430_120641_kindlephoto-6062067.jpg
20180430_120705_kindlephoto-6362931.jpg
20180430_101453_kindlephoto-6291235.jpg

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Brought my car back to the dealer to have the hood replaced (corrosion on leading edge, covered under warranty) and saw this beauty sitting in the showroom. Didn't have time to ask why they had it (Bozard Ford in St. Augustine), but I looked at their Instagram account and it seems they've had it for at least over a month.

This is the third one I've seen in person, the first being a white one Ford had on display - with no ropes - at the Rolex 24hr that I spent 25 minutes drooling over, and the other a black one with the same exact paint scheme as this but a different font for the #2, parked outside someone's RV in the infield.

Never fails to impress in person.

picture.jpg

2015DIBGT

Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Vehicle(s)
15 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Car failed emissions so thats cool. :frusty::doh:
(His reaction to seeing "Rejected" on the screen was the same as mine...)

IMG_8136.jpg

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Brought my car back to the dealer to have the hood replaced (corrosion on leading edge, covered under warranty) and saw this beauty sitting in the showroom. Didn't have time to ask why they had it (Bozard Ford in St. Augustine), but I looked at their Instagram account and it seems they've had it for at least over a month.

This is the third one I've seen in person, the first being a white one Ford had on display - with no ropes - at the Rolex 24hr that I spent 25 minutes drooling over, and the other a black one with the same exact paint scheme as this but a different font for the #2, parked outside someone's RV in the infield.

Never fails to impress in person.

picture.jpg

I need to make a trip to St. Augustine to check this out. We are hitting the beach on Saturday @Anastasia State Park!

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Here's some pics. Gt upper grille opened up to leave only the pony in it's corral. Lower opened to better match the upper, side pockets opened to match the actual scoop size itself. Velossatech ram air scoop in gloss black to match grille also added(first ever on a 2018.:ford:

Can confirm that after a quick test drive&a few hard pulls. Per in car sensors intake air stays within 2-5degrees of ambient temp. Before it would be as much as 20degrees over ambient in any type of idling or stopped situation.

Even moving before it wouldn't get this close to indicated ambient.
Imo worth the $ not sure other then a little added turbo spoiling up noise under full throttle. What it actually offers perf wise:shrug: best guess would be slightly better mpg on long hwy trips&possibly a tenth or so at the strip:thumbsup:

Yes I know she's dirty(stupid pollen season in ga:rant: and yes I left the stock shutter assembly in place. I can also confirm getting this bumper cover off is a fn pita. Don't bother unless you remove the wheels or have really small hands? To try and get those wheel well bolts off from below. Jacked up on stands it was only really possible from the upper side reaching down in with a 1/4" drive socket, short extension, and a deep well 10mm. Also they fall out when you remove the cover itself. So don't do what I did and forget they only orient a certain way when reinstalling the bumper. They will fit both ways but only are meant to fit with the spikes against the bumper cover itself:headbonk:
I guess I don't see the point in removing the center part of the grill on the 2018s. It was an issue on the 15-17 because pretty much the whole grill was blocked but the new grill is fully opened besides the side ports. It is nice to see that there is some sort of protection behind that as well.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
My newest mod:

2018 Kona Blue Mustang GT Premium. 400a pack, 10 speed auto, performance package and the smart and safety package. I think I got a pretty fair deal on it. I was putting a few dealers against each other. I got it for 38,500 before TTL.

I took it up on the mountains yesterday to see how the auto does. I will just see I don't think I am going to miss my M6 MT82 as much as I originally though. And I will also say, I was one of the people on here bashing the 2018 and the hype over it. Now I'm starting to believe there was no hype.. the car is a monster and feels every bit faster than my 2016 was with the intake and tune. The A10 is absolutely crazy.

Here was my first actual hard pull with it yesterday evening. This was just in S+ mode, manually shifting with the paddles.

l
You are dead to me. :lol:

Rc18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
6mt-rc-18eb
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I don't see the point in removing the center part of the grill on the 2018s. It was an issue on the 15-17 because pretty much the whole grill was blocked but the new grill is fully opened besides the side ports. It is nice to see that there is some sort of protection behind that as well.
Not sure what you mean? The stock 2018 gt upper grille I cut up had a lot of the honeycomb area blocked off around the air inlet&over the whole grille assembly. The only protection on mine if you could even call it that? Is the stock grill shutters, which I kept to keep air guided over the ic&rad.

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Not sure what you mean? The stock grille I cut up had a lot of the honeycomb area blocked off around the air inlet. The only protection on mine if you could even call it that? Is the stock grill shutters, which I kept to keep air guided over the ic&rad.
GT vs EB grill. They are different.

Rc18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
6mt-rc-18eb
Vehicle Showcase
GT vs EB grill. They are different.
I know my car is a base eb, the grille I just installed is the stock black painted gt modified. The shape is overall the same, difference being corrall for the pony, and the offset vertical strakes/fangs.:D

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
howler badge came in today. just need my grill delete to come in. I will be selling my blacked out gt grill soon for any EB or v6 peeps.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT