Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Today I had several projects.

1. BG Synchro Shift II replaced the stock manual transmission fluid. It is definitely noticeable and I wish I'd done it sooner. Pumping that handle for 10 minutes was an exercise in patience. Huge difference. I didn't expect it to be as much of a change as it was. Highly recommended mod.

2. Steeda G-Trac K Brace installed. This was a bargain find. I hadn't planned to buy it immediately, but on a whim I checked Amazon and they stocked it, so I checked the warehouse deals and they had a damaged box for $100. With 5% off to use the Amazon store card, it came to $95. When it arrived, it was repacked in a new box, but otherwise was perfect.

This would have been easier on a lift and not on jack stands. It's already a little unwieldy to move around and hold up in a tight space as it is. However, it was even more so a pain in the butt for the front drivers side bolt. It didn't line up perfectly at the top, so it was difficult getting it in. The spacer didn't help matters, so a little electrical tape to hold it place was needed. Finally I had to simply bolt the other 3 in fairly tight, and then use a mallet for a few good whacks, and "screwed" it in the more using a pair of pliers. Once it was started enough to hold the bolt, it was easy to simply ratchet it the rest of the way in.

3. Rear IRS Sub-frame braces. These were really super simple to install. Everything lined up nicely, and took the least amount of time of all of the installs today.

The G-Trac K, and the IRS Sub-frame weren't as noticeable of a change, but it does seem tighter up front and more planted out back.

Monday I'm going to Dallas Mustang for the quick-latches, and a Dyno. I'll post the results then.

And next will likely be blowfish transmission bracket/driveshaft loop, and then suspension. I'm a little worried about the suspension install doing it myself, but I'll probably give it a shot, and see if I can bribe a friend/or new friend to help out. :thumbsup:
31403947_10215894564814192_9161656208669540352_n.jpg
31444763_10215894564774191_3761696876559073280_n.jpg
31499472_10215894870981846_1712471080880308224_n.jpg
31659900_10215894870941845_4870024620494815232_n.jpg
31445040_10215894565374206_7089845692536979456_n.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Today I had several projects.

1. BG Synchro Shift II replaced the stock manual transmission fluid. It is definitely noticeable and I wish I'd done it sooner. Pumping that handle for 10 minutes was an exercise in patience. Huge difference. I didn't expect it to be as much of a change as it was. Highly recommended mod.

2. Steeda G-Trac K Brace installed. This was a bargain find. I hadn't planned to buy it immediately, but on a whim I checked Amazon and they stocked it, so I checked the warehouse deals and they had a damaged box for $100. With 5% off to use the Amazon store card, it came to $95. When it arrived, it was repacked in a new box, but otherwise was perfect.

This would have been easier on a lift and not on jack stands. It's already a little unwieldy to move around and hold up in a tight space as it is. However, it was even more so a pain in the butt for the front drivers side bolt. It didn't line up perfectly at the top, so it was difficult getting it in. The spacer didn't help matters, so a little electrical tape to hold it place was needed. Finally I had to simply bolt the other 3 in fairly tight, and then use a mallet for a few good whacks, and "screwed" it in the more using a pair of pliers. Once it was started enough to hold the bolt, it was easy to simply ratchet it the rest of the way in.

3. Rear IRS Sub-frame braces. These were really super simple to install. Everything lined up nicely, and took the least amount of time of all of the installs today.

The G-Trac K, and the IRS Sub-frame weren't as noticeable of a change, but it does seem tighter up front and more planted out back.

Monday I'm going to Dallas Mustang for the quick-latches, and a Dyno. I'll post the results then.

And next will likely be blowfish transmission bracket/driveshaft loop, and then suspension. I'm a little worried about the suspension install doing it myself, but I'll probably give it a shot, and see if I can bribe a friend/or new friend to help out. :thumbsup:
Looks great man, love that GB. Don't be afraid to do your suspension work, its fairly easy if you take your time. I did my dampers and springs by myself with jack stands in 3 days after work (about an hour a day was all I had for free time). I also put in a subframe alignment kit and IRS bushing supports at the same time.

One thing that made it super easy was I bought the Ford shock/strut kit and it came with literally everything that attaches besides springs, so I was able to assemble them by hand with no spring compressors needed (just leaned on the top perch and threaded the nut on), then used the floor jack to compress it once it was in the car. That way I was also able to just put the stock stuff in storage without disassembly.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Looks great man, love that GB. Don't be afraid to do your suspension work, its fairly easy if you take your time. I did my dampers and springs by myself with jack stands in 3 days after work (about an hour a day was all I had for free time). I also put in a subframe alignment kit and IRS bushing supports at the same time.

One thing that made it super easy was I bought the Ford shock/strut kit and it came with literally everything that attaches besides springs, so I was able to assemble them by hand with no spring compressors needed (just leaned on the top perch and threaded the nut on), then used the floor jack to compress it once it was in the car. That way I was also able to just put the stock stuff in storage without disassembly.
Thanks! I figured I'd do what I've done for other installs. Watch video after video of the install, and then watch them again.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Washed this morning and took a nice drive this evening. After getting things warmed up, I took a quick rev video so I could compare it to before.

Need to get with a friend of mine to get some flybys.

[ame]

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
New personal record for 0-60, 5.4 seconds, which is .1 faster than last year's best. I'm giving the credit to the new lightweight brake rotors.

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
New personal record for 0-60, 5.4 seconds, which is .1 faster than last year's best. I'm giving the credit to the new lightweight brake rotors.
Nice! What kind of rotors? Got a pic? TIA.

Red Turtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
When I got my 2018, I have been thinking the same thing that it seems like the body is actually, physically wider at the front and rear. I’m also gauging this on the fact that when I pulled my prior 2016 into my garage, I had plenty of side to side clearance at the garage door opening. When I pulled my 2018 into the garage the first time, I thought to myself that it seems so much wider and my side to side clearance was actually reduced.

That picture posted, it surely makes it look like the 2018 is wider too.

Does anyone know the actual factory compared to the 2018’s?

I think the 2018 IS actually wider, because I know my garage door opening didn’t shrink.... HAHA...
I am sure that it will look completely different once dropped with the F14's on it.

Do you have a good relationship with the dealer, such that you were allowed to have both cars long enough to swap parts?
Trying to understand this situation.
Yes, I have a very good relationship with them based on the amount of vehicles my family buys from them and deals that I bring them for other friends as well.

Reactions: GTP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Got my garage cleaned up ready for the GT brake upgrade and I got the replacement front bumper cover painted, so OEM fog lights, custom grille (upper and lower) install and Velossa big mouth install coming up as well. Did have time to clay and give it a nice coat of wax
Clay and wax1.JPG
clay and wax2.JPG
clay and wax3.JPG

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
Stripes

Got my rocker stripes today,Was surprised to see they were made by 3M. Now I need 3-4 days of warm weather to get these and my scoops on :)
26623G15.jpg

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Finshed getting the wheels and spacers (20mm) installed. also attached some pics from yesterday with the cf interior bits, still waiting on a couple more pieces for it to be complete. Plastidip color is Pure Gold.
Looks Great! love the color combo with the RR and Gold

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Better pic of the new wheel :D Full carbon dash/center console/door pieces coming next week... :thumbsup:
How do you like the Raceseng shift knob? been looking/contemplating it for quite a while. Someone mentioned that the weighted shift knobs can cause missed shifts? how has it worked for you? Do you still have the stock MT82 shifter or do you have an aftermarket short throw (barton, mgw, etc..)

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
How sweet does this look!
Is that the stock radiator fluid overflow tank or is that after market? I don't like the look of the squared mishimoto... love the stealth look of your black one...

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
Installed the Steeda jacking rails - took about 45 minutes and gave me a chance to teach my son some stuff, and use my speed ramps. Baby steps to bigger things.

Also, sub-frame stiffening stuff should show up some time this week.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
finally had a chance to try out my steeda jacking rails.
i was a little worried that it wouldn't work even after watching the steeda video of them, i guess i never trusted my jack stands that they would fit, but i must say it was easier than i thought....i cleaned and rotated my tires and then put the car back down. i did need to set the car up on some elevated ramps first to get my jack under so i could get the car up. other than that things went really smooth. here is my handywork...:thumbsup:
15 no wheels.jpg

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
finally had a chance to try out my steeda jacking rails.
i was a little worried that it wouldn't work even after watching the steeda video of them, i guess i never trusted my jack stands that they would fit, but i must say it was easier than i thought....i cleaned and rotated my tires and then put the car back down. i did need to set the car up on some elevated ramps first to get my jack under so i could get the car up. other than that things went really smooth. here is my handywork...:thumbsup:
Got any photos of the underneath?
Sponsored