Sponsored

Private Track Event - Buttonwillow Raceway 4/16/18

doz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
997 GT3,GT350
Pro driving coach and Team 949 Racing driver Sonny Watanasirisuk will be piloting the 949 Racing GT350 and giving rides.

Ride-along format is one out-lap and one in-lap. Passengers get the full course but not a full timed lap. This is to give as many people rides as possible. First come, first serve, no sign up sheet. If there is no line, then Sonny will stay out the whole session with that passenger.

We'll also bring our big monitor so drivers can bring SD cards to share their in car video. If they like, Sonny can do some basic coaching off them.

Sonny will also be available for "data laps". That's putting him in your car for 2 hot laps to collect data and video. You can then review the data/video to see where you can pick up time. Part of his coaching service is data analysis so having a pro go say 2s faster with data to compare in your own car is huge. Sonny generally doesn't do right seat coaching due to safety concerns, just FYI. He is also available for private coaching days. Don't know his rates but I hear it's quite reasonable. I think he's on this forum now, I'll remind him to post.

Oh yeah, we'll have the new 19" 6UL's on our car. Come check them out!

#sonnymod
What alignment have you found to work best for the GT350?

949Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Orange GT350
What alignment have you found to work best for the GT350?
-4.5°
zero toe front, oem rear toe
-3° rear camber

Hard on tires for street use but it's perfect on track.

To be 100% clear on this, there is no "best" alignment for any car. Alignments are always a compromise between various conflicting goals. At the pointy end of motorsports, alignment is asymmetric (different at every corner) and might change a few times during a race weekend depending on track conditions.

Reactions: doz

doz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
997 GT3,GT350
-4.5°
zero toe front, oem rear toe
-3° rear camber

Hard on tires for street use but it's perfect on track.

To be 100% clear on this, there is no "best" alignment for any car. Alignments are always a compromise between various conflicting goals. At the pointy end of motorsports, alignment is asymmetric (different at every corner) and might change a few times during a race weekend depending on track conditions.
Thanks! That's understood, I'm getting an alignment next week and needed a place to start. I'm glad I asked because I was only going to -3° in front and 2.5 in rear.

aguilar310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302 #1235
If there is anyone dying to drive a 2017 Ford RS and would like to trade for a few laps, by all means let me know!! LOL! (but seriously, let me know)

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Hello everyone. Thanks to [MENTION=31142]949Racing[/MENTION] for the introduction and trusting me with their car for this event. And thanks to [MENTION=21336]VUDUGT350[/MENTION] and [MENTION=20243]50 Deep[/MENTION] for organizing this unique event.

My name is Sonny. I'll be there to have fun with you all, as well as give advice to anyone who comes by our paddock space. Please, I encourage anyone to record video and data so I may help you drive well. For now, see video below of 949Racing's GT350 from last November, in case anyone wants to maximize the fun and learning experience before setting a wheel at Buttonwillow on 4/16.

Before anyone asks, this is me in flat-out competition mode, so I heavily suggest that you do not to attack the curbs as hard as I do in this video. ;)

What a great video! I won't be able to make it this time around, but I wish everyone an awesome track day!

straightliner1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R #HR262 / 2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali
[MENTION=31142]949Racing[/MENTION] I'll definitely be in line for some ride along action. I always welcome others' driving tips.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
If there is anyone dying to drive a 2017 Ford RS and would like to trade for a few laps, by all means let me know!! LOL! (but seriously, let me know)
What's your tire setup for your RS? I'm still on the MPSS. Debating if I should go cup 2's for Buttonwillow, considering the weather of coarse.

pmillerusa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Unable to make Track Day...

All, life happens and as it turns out we're moving in the next 2 weeks, so packing and other priorities have to take priority. :shrug:

I'll live vicariously through each of you.

Be safe... ENJOY!

“On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.” ~ Ayrton Senna

aguilar310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302 #1235
What's your tire setup for your RS? I'm still on the MPSS. Debating if I should go cup 2's for Buttonwillow, considering the weather of coarse.
Im going with my Cup 2s. Still a ways out but the weather is looking to be good Sunny currently saying 70's.

Sponsored
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Final payment made boys. Looks like rain at the moment, so plan ahead. Hopefully it is sparse or clears up, but driving in the wet is s great way to build skill.

Helmet rentals on site for $15

We lost our lunch sponsor, but the kitchen will be open at 0700 and cooking all day.

Paid extra for an early gate, so we can roll in at 0600.

Getting excited!

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
Looking forward to it!

MY GT350 is scheduled to arrive this week. So, right now it looks like I will pick it up the day after Buttonwillow. Sometimes the timing jsut doe snot work out. However, if it does rain then I may be happy I only have my Golf R to drive.

JGonvardi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP CO
It’s not just the gt350s that are always ahead of the vettes

;P
85E17FC4-3C4A-4269-B8B4-5CBBE68FC249.jpeg

raiderjatt02

Threads