Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Track Day is looking good. We have 3 spots open if anyone wants in.
Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Might be interested, but not sure how a GT350 without coolers will fare out there in the beginners group.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Might be interested, but not sure how a GT350 without coolers will fare out there in the beginners group.
We are looking at some pretty cool weather. I would suggest the Shelby transmission scoop and see what happens. You should be able to make it though a few sessions without issues.

Never know until you try.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
You should be able to at least get a few laps each session.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
We are looking at some pretty cool weather. I would suggest the Shelby transmission scoop and see what happens. You should be able to make it though a few sessions without issues.

Never know until you try.
I was going to get the scoop, but after I installed the Steeda Ultralite brace, it looks like it's in the way of the scoop. I may go anyways, I just need to work out the details. I'll send you a PM soon.

Sponsored

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
You should be good for about 15 minutes. Perhaps more in the first sessions. I have a scoop if you want to try it. Opening the hood between sessions helps with cool down. It is still worth it IMO. I changed my transmission but haven't gotten to really try it out yet. I wish I could work this event in. It falls in the middle of my move to Montana.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
On a day that started at 50 degrees F and a high of 70 it took less than 10 minutes for mine to hit limp during the first morning session. It happened more quickly in the later sessions. You can drive the car after it hits limp, but it's slower. I've only been to a handful of HPDEs and I was in the beginner group.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
You should be good for about 15 minutes. Perhaps more in the first sessions. I have a scoop if you want to try it. Opening the hood between sessions helps with cool down. It is still worth it IMO. I changed my transmission but haven't gotten to really try it out yet. I wish I could work this event in. It falls in the middle of my move to Montana.
Main issue is the Steeda brace I installed will be in the way of the scoop. I had to choose between something Id use everytime I drive or the scoop which Id rarely make use of. Looks like my only option is coolers in the future.

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
Main issue is the Steeda brace I installed will be in the way of the scoop. I had to choose between something Id use everytime I drive or the scoop which Id rarely make use of. Looks like my only option is coolers in the future.
If ir's cool you may not experience limp mode. As you learn your car and go faster, and as it warms up you will. Still worth tracking.

949Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Orange GT350
949 Racing at M6G track day

Pro driving coach and Team 949 Racing driver Sonny Watanasirisuk will be piloting the 949 Racing GT350 and giving rides.

Ride-along format is one out-lap and one in-lap. Passengers get the full course but not a full timed lap. This is to give as many people rides as possible. First come, first serve, no sign up sheet. If there is no line, then Sonny will stay out the whole session with that passenger.

We'll also bring our big monitor so drivers can bring SD cards to share their in car video. If they like, Sonny can do some basic coaching off them.

Sonny will also be available for "data laps". That's putting him in your car for 2 hot laps to collect data and video. You can then review the data/video to see where you can pick up time. Part of his coaching service is data analysis so having a pro go say 2s faster with data to compare in your own car is huge. Sonny generally doesn't do right seat coaching due to safety concerns, just FYI. He is also available for private coaching days. Don't know his rates but I hear it's quite reasonable. I think he's on this forum now, I'll remind him to post.

Oh yeah, we'll have the new 19" 6UL's on our car. Come check them out!

#sonnymod
GT350_19_6UL_949Racing_BY_1024.jpg
19x1124_rear_blue.jpg
S550_10_11_staggered_BY_1024.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Nice! I'm definitely gonna try to catch a ride with him! At least the car will be easy to pick out from the crowd :D

straightliner1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R #HR262 / 2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali
Wow! That's a great opportunity. Thank you for bringing the A game [MENTION=32677]50Deep@DCTMS[/MENTION]

SonnyMod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford GT350
Hello everyone. Thanks to [MENTION=31142]949Racing[/MENTION] for the introduction and trusting me with their car for this event. And thanks to [MENTION=21336]VUDUGT350[/MENTION] and [MENTION=20243]50 Deep[/MENTION] for organizing this unique event.

My name is Sonny. I'll be there to have fun with you all, as well as give advice to anyone who comes by our paddock space. Please, I encourage anyone to record video and data so I may help you drive well. For now, see video below of 949Racing's GT350 from last November, in case anyone wants to maximize the fun and learning experience before setting a wheel at Buttonwillow on 4/16.

Before anyone asks, this is me in flat-out competition mode, so I heavily suggest that you do not to attack the curbs as hard as I do in this video. ;)

SonnyMod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford GT350
Nice! I'm definitely gonna try to catch a ride with him! At least the car will be easy to pick out from the crowd :D
Raider, I'd be happy to give you a ride. There's no line or list, just simply show up next to our car with your helmet in the hot pits or paddock space, first come, first served.