Sponsored

Jacking points and stand placement on s550

C.Stanley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
This being my first s550 car I am looking for advice on the best jacking points and jack stand placement on the s550. Any special pack pads or feet need purchased? Thanks in advance. :cheers:
Sponsored

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
The hockey puck with a groove through the middle is always good to use or better yet, get some jacking rails for around $100~150

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Best would be jacking rail and then anywhere along it. Someone else probably has the picture of the underside with points circled, but a lot of guys have and definitely recommend the rails from BMR (longer and not much heavier) and Steeda (lighter).

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I happily use our own product, CJR002, on my cars.

So convenient, honestly.
CJR2 1.jpg
CJR2 2.jpg

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Jacking rails reduce time to jacking up the car by a ton. About to use mine again soon for fluid swaps.

Sponsored

OP
OP
C.Stanley

C.Stanley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Thanks guys. Guess I’ll be ordering some jacking rails

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I have the Steeda jacking rails, and agree that they're a lifesaver, but I always get a little worried when under the car because of how short they are. Were I to do it again, I'd have bought the longer BMR rails.

JR

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
I second that. I used them the other day to install my new mudflaps, and it seemed like they were bending in the middle when I had my jack in the middle of the door to lift each side. Next time I get a chance, I'm going to put a level or straight edge across each to see if they truly bent and stayed bent.
Update: I used them the other day to change my tranny fluid. I put a straight edge across them when I was done and they are definitely not bent, they are straight. So I apologize to Steeda and anyone else who may have read this for assuming they bent or would stay bent, they are straight as an arrow. Being they are this straight, I feel they do not bend when using them, or at least bend enough to be a problem and definitely do not stay that way. This is from placing the jack right in the middle of the rail when lifting the entire side of the car.

Last edited:

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Lets say you don't want jacking rails. Can you jack the car up further towards the middle from the jacking points so that you can put the jack stands on the jacking points?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
This is how they integrate with our Steeda Chassis Rails:

steeda-s550-mustang-ultra-lite-chassis-jacking-rails-15-16-all-555-5205-06.jpg

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Both jacking rails are great. Flip a coin just about. They both get the job done from two great companies.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I've used Steeda's Jacking Rails. Easy install, easy jack placement anywhere along the rail, cuts time off of projects/mods.

I'm sure BMRs Jacking Rails are good too. Side note, apparently they don't make rails for the S197. Hmm...

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I've used Steeda's Jacking Rails. Easy install, easy jack placement anywhere along the rail, cuts time off of projects/mods.

I'm sure BMRs Jacking Rails are good too. Side note, apparently they don't make rails for the S197. Hmm...
We have S197 rails that we designed about 12 years ago, that we are bringing back to life, that I hope we can release soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ebm

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Lets say you don't want jacking rails. Can you jack the car up further towards the middle from the jacking points so that you can put the jack stands on the jacking points?
You can jack the front end up using the subframe to body bolts, then place the jack stand at the jacking point, though I'm not 100% on the rear. You could jack up the rear using the pumpkin, which is not advised, but has been done for decades on cars.

Honestly, I don't see a reason to NOT use jacking rails, unless your car is so slammed that you're worried about high siding on a speed bump.

JR
Sponsored