Sponsored

Fore return fuel system install

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
So maybe my kit was different, but mine came with 6 gauge wire for the battery/ground. They set it up as two pieces, one as a short pigtail that came pre-installed with ferrules already hooked up to the controller. The second piece connects to the battery via crimped on terminal rings and doesn't need ferrules. It plugs into the pigtail via a harness style plug-and-play connector.

AFAIK the only wires I have to ferrule are the pump wires which are small (large numerically) gauge.
And the remote...
Sponsored

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
And the remote...
Yep! Totally forgot the remote wire. That one is a small (big numerically) one too if im not mistaken. Not near garage atm.

Had to get a larger crimper and ferrules, the fuse block should be crimped too.

Last edited:

rts9364

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
Yep! Totally forgot the remote wire. That one is a small (big numerically) one too if im not mistaken. Not near garage atm.

Had to get a larger crimper and ferrules, the fuse block should be crimped too.
How exactly does the 4G power lead tie into the main 100A fuse? Is it just like a terminal block with a set screw? (I am trying to assemble parts for my install in a few days, but I am not near my garage ATM.)

I'm wondering if tinning is acceptable for the (2) fuse connections. I have the "new" FC3 with the preassembled main leads, so I don't really want to buy a big 4G ferrule crimper for only two ends (but I will if it's the RIGHT way). What have you guys done?

Thanks

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
How exactly does the 4G power lead tie into the main 100A fuse? Is it just like a terminal block with a set screw? (I am trying to assemble parts for my install in a few days, but I am not near my garage ATM.)

I'm wondering if tinning is acceptable for the (2) fuse connections. I have the "new" FC3 with the preassembled main leads, so I don't really want to buy a big 4G ferrule crimper for only two ends (but I will if it's the RIGHT way). What have you guys done?

Thanks
Yes it is a terminal block.

I used non crimp ferrules for the 4 gauge.

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Non crimp? Please enlighten me.
4 gauge standard ferrule. It is crushed by the set screw.

I only use crimp ferrules for 10 gauge and smaller.

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Yea you don't have to necessarily crimp the ferule. The point is for the set screw to dig in so it should work fine. I did end up using a larger crimper with to make a nice square crimped surface. It wasn't very expensive, around $25 on amazon.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Someone answer me this. After install if I set the base fuel pressure to stock levels why would I need a retune?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Someone answer me this. After install if I set the base fuel pressure to stock levels why would I need a retune?
typically your going to do a boost reference which is going to fluctuate pressure, and get more fuel to the injectors, so they don't have to work as hard, and can take higher power levels

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
typically your going to do a boost reference which is going to fluctuate pressure, and get more fuel to the injectors, so they don't have to work as hard, and can take higher power levels
But if the base pressure is at stock levels at 0 psi then isn't that what the controller has to do?

Not arguing with you but trying to understand another $200 cost.

Sponsored

rts9364

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
This will probably end up being a dumb/obvious question, but does anyone know what the little gray plastic piece is that comes with the L4 FC3 controller? I don't have a photo of it at the moment, but it's very small and in its own bag. It looks like it would be used for some type of temporary lockout or override on the controller.

I got my system mostly installed and I am doing electrical now. The only real hiccup so far is they shorted me a compression olive, so I will try to source one or three locally today.

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
This will probably end up being a dumb/obvious question, but does anyone know what the little gray plastic piece is that comes with the L4 FC3 controller? I don't have a photo of it at the moment, but it's very small and in its own bag. It looks like it would be used for some type of temporary lockout or override on the controller.

I got my system mostly installed and I am doing electrical now. The only real hiccup so far is they shorted me a compression olive, so I will try to source one or three locally today.
Can’t help with the controller. I have the FC2. Hit up Fore they’ll send an olive; just make sure you get the right one. They have two types of olives for fittings

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer

I got no such little baggie. I just checked.

rts9364

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
I got no such little baggie. I just checked.
I talked to Justin yesterday. They are sending an olive overnight and he confirmed the little gray clip is used to lock the connector for the fuel pump(s) wiring closed. Like I expected, it was probably a dumb question, but it seemed strange the way it was bagged separately.

I just want to reiterate what many others have said, that Fore customer service is top notch and must be factored in to the overall value of their products. :thumbsup:

rts9364

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
Two more relevant questions for you guys -

(1) what different things have you guys done to get the pump leads through the factory seal? I see the OP here chose to leave the big main connector outside of the seal and trim a spot on the edge for the wiring. It seems like leaving the connector inside and running the wiring through closer to the center of the seal might also be an option...?

(2) Where are you grounding the fuel system? Again, the OP shows one option here. I've also heard about the right side of the factory fuel system connector (right next to the pump in the seat area), but mine does not look as stout as I would like for a ground of this size/importance. Just looking for different options/opinions.
Sponsored

Last edited: