Sponsored

2019 Bullitt Mustang Officially Revealed at NAIAS!

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Well you'd be limping home anyway because of the space saver spare.
NOT a great idea with a Torsen rearend. The space saver space is of a much smaller diameter.
Correct - the Torsen differential is one of the reasons the fitment of a the proper wheel is crucial. I currently plan to buy one of these to have a spare that will fit in the wheel well but also be the proper diameter since the Bullitt will have the same tire/wheel and brake set up as the Brembo-equipped cars from '15 onward.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Looks like a good idea. Unless you have aftermarket wheels with non OEM height tires of course, then you're back to the same problem when a rear tire goes flat.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
My 2 cents.... the Stangs have TPMS ....happened to me twice in 3yrs! Drove directly to the tire shop had it fixed!! Also....if anyone is actually paranoid enough about flats....cough up the $$$ and buy run flats. Besides I do believe the spare tire well was actually designed for Air bag compressors ! lol

Problem solved!! :cheers:

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
My 2 cents.... the Stangs have TPMS ....happened to me twice in 3yrs! Drove directly to the tire shop had it fixed!! Also....if anyone is actually paranoid enough about flats....cough up the $$$ and buy run flats. Besides I do believe the spare tire well was actually designed for Air bag compressors ! lol

Problem solved!! :cheers:
TPMS dont help you with a blowout.

Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Whoah cool! That exact idea popped into my mind after the original Bullitt was revealed. Somehow ever since those nicely polished shiny factory fresh ´68 Bullitt model cars just don´t look right anymore...

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
TPMS dont help you with a blowout.
Then it's plan B.....cough up and buy run flats!! Still boils down to your choice...not Fords problem!! That's all I'm saying!!! easy to figure that one out!! :lol:

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Yes, Greenlight does scale models under a variety of brands
Nice, I'll definitely be picking one of those up. Now someone just needs to make a 2019 Bullitt model.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Nice, I'll definitely be picking one of those up. Now someone just needs to make a 2019 Bullitt model.
I'm sure Maisto will take care of that, and probably Auto Art as well. Just takes a while.

l'Ingegnere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Whoah cool! That exact idea popped into my mind after the original Bullitt was revealed. Somehow ever since those nicely polished shiny factory fresh ´68 Bullitt model cars just don´t look right anymore...
Yea, interesting though that the current appearance is just a result of its life for the 50 years after the movie. The car was actually brand new except for having had the paint scuffed going into filming.

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
Then it's plan B.....cough up and buy run flats!! Still boils down to your choice...not Fords problem!! That's all I'm saying!!! easy to figure that one out!! :lol:
You've obviously never driven on run-flats. Loads of compromise.

Give me my damn spare tire. Simple fix.
Sponsored