Sponsored

2019 Mustang Bullitt exhaust note

OP
OP

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt - Magneride and electronic package.
Thank you all for the comments!

NewLol. You traded your 18 manual for a Bullitt?
18 was a 10 speed and I wanted a manual. Before you say terrible financial decision. The 18 was fully paid off.

Welcome to the club. That refreshing burble you get when you shift at 4k will get addictive. Be careful, you might end up running in sport or track all the time. Most cities have some ordinance that will ticket you.
I use track always . Lucky Florida does not care much about noise.

I have a good deal on a second hand roush res delete. Not sure if I want to do it or keep the exhaust stock just yet!
Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I have a good deal on a second hand roush res delete. Not sure if I want to do it or keep the exhaust stock just yet!
The good thing about a res delete is you can always reverse it. Just re-use the band clamps the h or x-pipe would've come with to hold the stock res in place. That's what I did.

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
The good thing about a res delete is you can always reverse it. Just re-use the band clamps the h or x-pipe would've come with to hold the stock res in place. That's what I did.
I kept mine just in case i need to quiet the car. Before i changed it i was worried about being too loud. Think it is perfect.

duncanator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A3, LR4, 01 Wrangler

Hi everyone,
Enjoy the quick video of the exhaust note with each mode for the 2019 Bullitt. I love this car!!!!!
I have to admit that it's this exhaust note that even making me consider purchasing a Bullitt. I've never owned any Mustang, but the fact that it sounds and looks so good is making the purchase really tempting. Anyone use one for commuting? Unfortunately, that would be the primary use for me.

Sponsored

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Almost every review I've read or watched on the Bullitt comments on how great the exhaust sounds.

As for commuting, depending on how fast you're going you probably won't here the exhaust at all in 6th gear. Mine's a DD, but my trip to & from work certainly isn't a commute. I just took a road trip the other day and the only time I noticed it while cruising was at 80+ mph. That was in Normal mode. You can always put it in quite mode for a long drive. Makes a world of difference.

OP
OP

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have to admit that it's this exhaust note that even making me consider purchasing a Bullitt. I've never owned any Mustang, but the fact that it sounds and looks so good is making the purchase really tempting. Anyone use one for commuting? Unfortunately, that would be the primary use for me.
If I was you I would go drive one and then decide. Drive an automatic and manual. The GTs sound different too. Drive one with the exhaust valves and one without. Then you will know. I will drive mine daily and it is my only car. I find the S550s to be a very nice car to be inside and look amazing on the outside. A very nice cruiser with some power.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
I stay in sport mode... so I hear the note ALL THE TIME. Does not get on my nerves; I find it more comforting than anything else. A quick 15 minute run with track mode exhaust really gets my mind right.

It is true that all the active exaust mustangs sound nice, but the bullitt... they really worked on it.

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
Put an h pipe up front. Great sound...the same only lowder!

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
Put an h pipe up front. Great sound...the same only lowder!
I took my girlfriend on a road trip to the Avenue of the giants...big old beautifull redwoods. I took ca hwy 36 to see them. 140 mi....and 1900 curves. Bad ass road. Drive 650 mi in a day...never got tired of the exhaust...just damn tired.

Sponsored

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
I took my girlfriend on a road trip to the Avenue of the giants...big old beautifull redwoods. I took ca hwy 36 to see them. 140 mi....and 1900 curves. Bad ass road. Drive 650 mi in a day...never got tired of the exhaust...just damn tired.
The only change was a h pipe instead of the resonator. Perfect...great sound. Sport sounds the best

duncanator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A3, LR4, 01 Wrangler
If I was you I would go drive one and then decide. Drive an automatic and manual. The GTs sound different too. Drive one with the exhaust valves and one without. Then you will know. I will drive mine daily and it is my only car. I find the S550s to be a very nice car to be inside and look amazing on the outside. A very nice cruiser with some power.
I have driven the Bullitt on the Interstate and it seemed to drive really well. Since I'm only interested in the Bullitt, it's manual trans only for me. I think I will have to take another test drive to make sure I can live with it every day in traffic. Any other comments on the Bullitt? Anything particularly bad?

OP
OP

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only change was a h pipe instead of the resonator. Perfect...great sound. Sport sounds the best
Shibaman which H pipe did you go with? I love the OEM sound. Dont want to ruin that. My GT was so loud and sounded sort of meh.

OP
OP

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have driven the Bullitt on the Interstate and it seemed to drive really well. Since I'm only interested in the Bullitt, it's manual trans only for me. I think I will have to take another test drive to make sure I can live with it every day in traffic. Any other comments on the Bullitt? Anything particularly bad?
Honestly the manual even feels better than the regular GT. It has shorter throws as well. I have had mine for about 2 weeks now and cant point one bad thing about it. To me...its the car I have been craving for.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
The Bullitt has the same gear ratios as the GT. Throws aren't any shorter.
Sponsored