Sponsored

2019 Mustang Bullitt exhaust note

OP
OP

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt - Magneride and electronic package.
The Bullitt has the same gear ratios as the GT. Throws aren't any shorter.
The gear ratio is the same. The throw I am pretty sure was shortened. I test drove both and the throws were longer in the GT.
Sponsored

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
how do I upload a video? I have a short clip of my Bullitt with the x-pipe I can post. just can't seem to figure out how to post it

OP
OP

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
how do I upload a video? I have a short clip of my Bullitt with the x-pipe I can post. just can't seem to figure out how to post it
Next to the post reply button there is upload file. Give that a shot!

CF-105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dark Highland Green Bullitt
I have driven the Bullitt on the Interstate and it seemed to drive really well. Since I'm only interested in the Bullitt, it's manual trans only for me. I think I will have to take another test drive to make sure I can live with it every day in traffic. Any other comments on the Bullitt? Anything particularly bad?
Mine turns 4 months old, now with 23,000 km on it (almost 15,000 miles), so yes I've had a lot of seat time. The exhaust in normal is fine for commuting. I do find track mode does get a bit annoying at 70-75 mph highway speeds, but changing that is an easy fix.
I do wish they would have put a bit more sound insulation around the rear wheel wells. You do notice noise back there on long drives and weird surfaces. Not something I ever notice on my commutes.

All in all a fantastic car, and a rip roaring deal.

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Has anyone confirmed the exact exhaust differences in the Bullitt to achieve the different sound? Surely it's not just due to the GT350 intake manifold and open air intake?

Is the Bullitt's stock exhaust resonator mid-pipe different, or the mufflers in the active exhaust designed different internally?

Sponsored

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
Has anyone confirmed the exact exhaust differences in the Bullitt to achieve the different sound? Surely it's not just due to the GT350 intake manifold and open air intake?

Is the Bullitt's stock exhaust resonator mid-pipe different, or the mufflers in the active exhaust designed different internally?
I think the resonators are the same. I removed mine so kind od a mute point. Dont think the intake would make a difference unless at high rpm....more air flow...more noise.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST

It is the intake and the "custom tune". Basically the tune is geared for sound more than performance. That's why you see videos of people taking the stock one to the tunner immediately and getting 15-25:muscle: in one go. That being said, I think you can keep most of the sound after the tune so it is probably more of the intake and manifold. A good test would be to drop the power pack 2 on a stock gt and see if you got the same sound.

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Interesting. I never would have thought you would customise the tune for sound but that makes a little sense if you think about all of the factory pop and bangs exhaust maps now on every European car nowadays from the factory. I guess you could customise the noise for part throttle applications for the signature Bullitt sound and then just the motor breathe to its potential when flooring it.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
Interesting. I never would have thought you would customise the tune for sound but that makes a little sense if you think about all of the factory pop and bangs exhaust maps now on every European car nowadays from the factory. I guess you could customise the noise for part throttle applications for the signature Bullitt sound and then just the motor breathe to its potential when flooring it.
Wheelhouse did a video on some of this a while ago. They mainly focused on root frequency, but I think they discussed the nhv factor aswell

I plan on adding it to my special senses module for instruction.

OP
OP

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe its a combination of the tune and the intake manifold. I have been looking for a 2018+ GT with exhaust valves to compare as well because I think that helps too.
Sponsored