Sponsored

2019 Mustang Bullitt First Drive Reviews!

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
How is it while in traffic? I ask because my commute home is close to an hour and at least half of that is under 30mph. I tell my wife that I could do most of it in first, but she thinks it might still be a pain with a manual trans. Do you have any input?
I've actually had an easier time driving this in slower traffic with the gearing that's in place as compared to my previous manual '15 GT. You can keep it in first or second at that speed range and feel comfortable with it. I usually am in first to just under 20-22mph and then into 2nd for up to 30.
Sponsored

Tickdoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 bullitt
Agree w tony here. The dumbed down rev boost feature mentioned in the review is a huge help in traffic as I can creep along with no throttle input. There as one trip I took to downtown Dallas that was sheer hell but where I live traffic is not that bad and easy to modulate. I’ve driven manuals since 1986 and while agree this one lacks some sense of engagement, the rev boost is functional.

CF-105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dark Highland Green Bullitt
How is it while in traffic? I ask because my commute home is close to an hour and at least half of that is under 30mph. I tell my wife that I could do most of it in first, but she thinks it might still be a pain with a manual trans. Do you have any input?
I do at least an hour of stop and go traffic on the busiest Highway in North America every day. No issue at all.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
I can't say I particularly liked the review. It's like he wanted to trash it (pointing out the terrible panel gaps on a well used MP car), and then he had a bi-polar moment, when he went from running it down, to without a beat saying what a great car it is.....

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
It is a trash the bullitt review. Mine is 5113 and all my body panels are very good...paint also. I have no complaints so far
...and i am an old picky man.

Sponsored

harmonica2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I roll my eyes at this review and others that suggests that you spend the extra $12K on a GT350 rather than the Buillitt. The GT350, while an undeniably awesome car, is more of a track car than a daily driver. I don't think the reviewer understands the sweet middle ground where the Bullitt excels. That said, I agree that you can't feel the engage point on the Bullitt clutch. But would I consider giving up the Bullitt's gas mileage, touring capability, and (in my opinion) better styling for a GT 350 just so I can have the Tremec clutch? Not a chance - I'll just upgrade the Bullitt's clutch when it wears out.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
It is a trash the bullitt review. Mine is 5113 and all my body panels are very good...paint also. I have no complaints so far
...and i am an old picky man.
I can't say I particularly liked the review. It's like he wanted to trash it (pointing out the terrible panel gaps on a well used MP car), and then he had a bi-polar moment, when he went from running it down, to without a beat saying what a great car it is.....
I took the time to listen as objectively as I could, and I do think the reviewer had a bit of a "chip" on his shoulder with some of the comments about the Bullitt specifically. Or he has some benchmark that is way out there. The reviewer's buddy had a better balanced view of the strengths and weaknesses, especially because I think he did a lot more track driving.

I do appreciate the heritage of "Bullitt", and it is something for which I would pay.

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
I took the time to listen as objectively as I could, and I do think the reviewer had a bit of a "chip" on his shoulder with some of the comments about the Bullitt specifically. Or he has some benchmark that is way out there. The reviewer's buddy had a better balanced view of the strengths and weaknesses, especially because I think he did a lot more track driving.

I do appreciate the heritage of "Bullitt", and it is something for which I would pay.
We have bought a ford....not a 100k car. My 2015 gt stickered for 44k. It came special ordered from the factory with damaged black paint. Had the dealer repaint the hood. Later i found orange peal on the rear. Lousy paint.
The Bullitt paint and trim....fit is better than my 15

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
Nice review! All i have to say that i have no regrets about trading in my modded 15 gt for this car. I liked the short gears on my 15 pp....but the long gears on the Bullitt....use 1st like 2nd....in a corner....plenty of power. Kind of funny... ..on the freeway at 80 in 3rd gear...floor the pedal....real speed! My 15 was a dog at this. The magnaride is a game changer. My Bullitt would run...and wait for my 15 with the pp pack. My 15 had an x pipe...borlas. My bullitt has a h pipe with factory exhaust. Perfect...sounds like it should. Way louder than my 15.

19bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Not that anybody cares about my review but I give the Bullitt an 8.5/10. I've had the car since June 2019.

Pros: That dang exhaust note, holy cow. There are very few cars with an exhaust note this intoxicating from the factory. High redline, rev-happy. Rev-matching feature is cool and if you don't like it you can always turn off. If you catch it in the right gear and get traction it pulls very hard. The green is beautiful and gets many compliments, wheels have grown on me. Very attractive fastback profile from certain angles. Honeycomb blacked out grill and headlights look menacing.

Cons: Wheel hop straight from factory (it's 2020 and this thing has magneride - how on earth does it come with wheel hop from the factory?)
The fitment in some areas in lacking. The weight of the doors and trunk feel very cheap lol I guess it's good they are lightweight but my 2013 felt much more solid as far as materials built. In certain areas the body panels don't link up 100%, like the chrome trim is a little off. The digital dash is a negative for me - it looks and feels cheap and I would rather have regular needle gauges as a throwback to the original 60's-era Bullitt. Less that can break too.

Overall: This is a fun car and I am enjoying the heck out of it, but I don't love it enough to see myself keeping it forever. I will have fun with it for a few years and upgrade it to a Shelby probably.
Sponsored