February Sales

Lime1GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
The only negative thing about the refresh is the price. People bought Mustang GTs because they were cheap. That's no longer the case.
I agree, that's why I bought a 17. It was also overpriced in my opinion and our Canadian dollar tacked on around 25% more than US pricing. I knew an 18 would be out of my price range with options I wanted. I'm pretty sure most mustangs sold are base models here and even their pricing is getting out of range for the average salary.

SUV's are where it's at now for sales competition so I imagine that's where Ford and competitors will concentrate their efforts.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Sports cars are slowly dying away.
It used to be that younger people bought a lot of sports cars. Still probably true - but I think fewer young people can afford them now.

Of course this is self-serving, but I think if Ford would bring back simplicity and inexpensive prices on the Mustang it would help them.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Really? People are shocked at the numbers? Why?

Sports cars and winter don't exactly go together. I don't think someone's first thought when it's 15 degrees and snowing outside is I want a Mustang! :doh:
I also agree that fewer young people can afford a sports car these days. The sports car performance continues to climb and so does the price.

Challenger's sell well because they are a great cruising car and are priced right. Yes, the Challenger and the Titanic can be compared when it comes to weight and handling, but hey, that's what sells.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
That’s why ford dealer are giving such good discounts. Like $7500 off msrp in the Atlanta area. It just helps us buyers. Spring isn’t here yet either except for Atlanta.

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, 2010 Taurus SHO, 2011 F150
This is totally unexpected, and for quite a margin over the Camaro.

It says a lot when people prefer buying a boat than the best performing car (according to some BS magazine, anyways).

Perhaps form is more important than function? :shrug::shrug::shrug:
What Form? The Challenger is God Awful ugly. Like 70's leisure suit ugly.

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

What Form? The Challenger is God Awful ugly. Like 70's leisure suit ugly.
Yet it outsells Mustangs. Guess everybody doesn't hold the same opinion you do. :doh:

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yet it outsells Mustangs. Guess everybody doesn't hold the same opinion you do. :doh:
It outsold the Mustang twice since it's reintroduction....

I also wonder if Mustang's slow sales are due to the production issues and dealers generally having weird options. Around here it's base or PP1 only, few combinations of other options.

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Good news for people who waited and are about to purchase!:clap2:

Sponsored

STEVO 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT
Strongly disagree, but to each their own
I LOVE the looks of the Charger. It was a toss up for me between the Mustang and Charger. In the end I went with the Mustang because I couldn't pass up the deal on a leftover 17, and the fiance said she wouldn't be seen in the Charger. What does she know bout looks anyway, she's marrying me after all :shrug:.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

I also wonder if Mustang's slow sales are due to the production issues and dealers generally having weird options. Around here it's base or PP1 only, few combinations of other options.
That sir is false. Did you come up with a random number? I can count at least 4 months that the Challenger outsold the Mustang.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly

It's outselling the Mustang because the Mustang is now more expensive yet hasn't become more practical.

The Challenger, while large, is more comfortable and can be used as a daily driver to haul people/cargo.

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That sir is false. Did you come up with a random number? I can count at least 4 months that the Challenger outsold the Mustang.
Which months? Feb 2018 and one month last year come to mind. And in Year end sales it's not even close with even the Camaro.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
This paints the exact picture I expected. Talk to any regular person and tell them a Mustang GT with options is close to 50k and their mouth drops.

Ford took a gamble by increasing the price and now it looks like the consumers are responding.

Also, I'm really happy I got my 2017 when I did. It was a steal compared to these prices now.
Sponsored