cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
Devil's advocate: but then it'll scrape more and won't pass the streetability requirements needed for most production cars. People already complain about dragging the splitter of the 350R, so powering the cars more would make that worse.
I would agree with this if there weren't other manufacturers using wide tires and lowering the car so it didn't look like crap. It's possible to set it up "correctly". It's a shame Ford can't seem to figure this out.

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
As mentioned, the tires are shorter. Also, "filling" the gap with lowering springs or taller tires could result in fender rubbing given the width of the PP2 wheels.
Again, plenty of other manufacturers have wide tires and less tire/fender gap. Let's not pretend it's not possible. I'm a diehard Ford guy, but Ford's conservative nature when it comes to this is getting old. To be fair, they are better now than years pass, but still have work to do.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
C1816ED0-BD57-4371-AC36-AAA5C7857911.jpeg
wheel gap much better
Posted pics of that before - was at SEMA. It's a GT with PP2 wheels and very likely Ford Performance springs.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I would agree with this if there weren't other manufacturers using wide tires and lowering the car so it didn't look like crap. It's possible to set it up "correctly".
No, manufacturers are not lowering cars like you're suggesting.

Drive-ways are still drive-ways, curbs are still curbs.

Other vehicles may have smaller wheel/arch gaps, but that's not due to lowering.

And the cars don't look like crap. That's your opinion, nothing factual. My opinion is that uber lowered cars look like pure ***gotry.

MustangAddict

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 Platinum
Did a search and it looks like Galpin Ford down in Los Angeles just got in a Magnetic Level 2 performance package.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So i put in a truecar request and a dealer came back to me with this. I looked up the Vin # and it was delivered 4 days ago somewhere in southern California. Magnetic premium GTPP2 with active exhaust. It was completed on November 6th. I'm guessing the dealer put in this order when PP2 was available. This just frustrates me even more. My dealer lagged on putting my order in and if they would've done it asap (if i remember correctly October 23rdish) maybe my car would be built already.

Edit. Its at galpin Ford off of roscoe blvd in north hills ca. Anyone in socal want to go check it out?
I just looked at the window sticker on COTUS. Blend date is 11/06. That can't be right. Didn't job 2 start on 12/04? Also, the car was ordered on 08/04, In Order Processing was completed on 12/28, went into production on 11/08 and was shipped on 12/29. Wtf?:crazy:

The Race Red PP2 from a couple of pages back was delivered to Kearny Pearson Ford in San Diego. Couldn't get any more info than that though.
Cotus.JPG
Window Sticker.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited: