Status
Not open for further replies.

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Im friends with the guy that owns the mustang parts farm. Hes got several sync3 mustangs there. He let me go pull a system from a car myself. I got the apim, screen, cd unit, and the sync 3 hub. Its nice to be able to get everything you need from one car. I may can help someone get first shot to buy those parts.
Do you happen to know if any are APIM's with NAV?
Sponsored

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Im friends with the guy that owns the mustang parts farm. Hes got several sync3 mustangs there. He let me go pull a system from a car myself. I got the apim, screen, cd unit, and the sync 3 hub. Its nice to be able to get everything you need from one car. I may can help someone get first shot to buy those parts.
Statesboro, GA?

Michael J

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base EB; PP; Power Pack; Magnetic;
Did you get the connector that hooks the screen to the APIM? I'm not sure if you can find that other than 4dtech selling one on ebay for 70 bucks. There is a chance that you could get a MFT screen, but as long as you check the part number beforehand you should be ok.
I did get a connector on ebay for $39.

As for the screen, I followed and endorse HextallS550's advise to not buy anything without seeing a picture of it first.

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
Just got off the phone with them. $600 for the screen and apim...:crazy:

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Just got off the phone with them. $600 for the screen and apim...:crazy:
Check around on Car-part.com. I got two screens/APIMs on there real cheap. Got one for $75 shipped and another for $180 shipped. Both were even Nav versions which I didn't care if it had or not. One was out of a 2016 Focus and other out of a 2016 Escape. Just find a place that has them and call or e-mail them about it and get a shipping quote.

You'll just need to swap the brackets if you already have MFT, or obtain the Mustang brackets if you don't have MFT (guy on here is selling them I believe). I searched for Ford Escapes, CMAX, Focus, Fusion..pretty much any 2016+ Ford or Lincoln that has the 8" touchscreen will have Sync 3.

Sponsored

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check around on Car-part.com. I got two screens/APIMs on there real cheap. Got one for $75 shipped and another for $180 shipped. Both were even Nav versions which I didn't care if it had or not. One was out of a 2016 Focus and other out of a 2016 Escape. Just find a place that has them and call or e-mail them about it and get a shipping quote.

You'll just need to swap the brackets if you already have MFT, or obtain the Mustang brackets if you don't have MFT (guy on here is selling them I believe). I searched for Ford Escapes, CMAX, Focus, Fusion..pretty much any 2016+ Ford or Lincoln that has the 8" touchscreen will have Sync 3.
How long ago was that? Most of the yards are wise to all of the people trying to do this upgrade...F150, Focus, Fusion etc owners are all doing similar upgrades now. The 300 i paid for my screen/apim was the lowest I found for one that was in good shape.

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
How long ago was that? Most of the yards are wise to all of the people trying to do this upgrade...F150, Focus, Fusion etc owners are all doing similar upgrades now. The 300 i paid for my screen/apim was the lowest I found for one that was in good shape.
Got mine in October. One place was a small place in Utah that looked to have a lot of older cars but happened to just get in a 2016 Focus ST that was rolled over, so that place for sure didn't know the value of what I got. They sold me the parts for their typical price sheet of "$50 for radio" and charged me $25 to ship it! :headbang:

Check out New Way Auto Parts in Arizona. I think they had some other newer Fords in inventory at the time. They sold me the one from the Escape for $185 shipped. It was $100 for the screen, $50 for the APIM and $35 shipping. I should have just bought up everything they had! http://newwayautoparts.com/

Oh when searching on car-part, look up "TV Screen" for the part type.

mucflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU S-Max 2016, 2.0 TDCI
Dear all
I hope someone can give me some hints, I have replced Sync2 with Sync2 in EU S-Max. All good so far, I tried to update it from 2.2 to Sync3 V3.0 (17276) EU. But it is failing with*mem_err01. Even if splitted into separate*JR3T-14G381-AJ.tar.gz, and*JR3T-14G391-AD.tar.gz and changed autoinstall.lst to use one file only (second deleted). No matter what I'm trying, always failing with MEM_ERR01. In root of USB I have autoinstall.lst, DONTINDEX.MSA and SynMyRide directory with tar.gz inside. USB formatted as ExFAT. Any help please ?*

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Dear all
I hope someone can give me some hints, I have replced Sync2 with Sync2 in EU S-Max. All good so far, I tried to update it from 2.2 to Sync3 V3.0 (17276) EU. But it is failing with*mem_err01. Even if splitted into separate*JR3T-14G381-AJ.tar.gz, and*JR3T-14G391-AD.tar.gz and changed autoinstall.lst to use one file only (second deleted). No matter what I'm trying, always failing with MEM_ERR01. In root of USB I have autoinstall.lst, DONTINDEX.MSA and SynMyRide directory with tar.gz inside. USB formatted as ExFAT. Any help please ?*
You can't use Sync3 software on Sync2 system. Was that a typo?

Sponsored

brownm93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost premium m/t guard
Once again, thank you for this thread! I was able to do my swap over the weekend, Sync 3 w/nav out of a '17 Lincoln Navigator, new HU5Z hub, and GPS antenna. Updated it to version 2.3 via USB. Got it reprogrammed in Forscan so its back to blue instead of that ugly brown Lincoln theme, with the Mustang boot up logo! While mostly everything is correct, I've got 1 minor issue and a couple of questions:

1) Previously when I'd put the car in reverse I would hear beeps if the parking sensors detected anything behind me that would change depending on how close the obstacle was. I don't have those beeps anymore, although I can see on screen that it is detecting obstacles. Any way to get that back?

2) I have the VIN for the car this APIM came out of, is there any way to get Sirius travel link to work? Right now it tells me I need a subscription. I added that VIN to 'my ford garage' online, but nothing changed. If this is related at all... When I updated to sync version 2.3 and it generated that xml file to report the update to Ford, I noticed it had my car's VIN in it, not the Lincoln's, and it wouldn't let me upload it to the Ford/Lincoln website (It would fail each time I tried. I tried editing the VIN number in the xml file with the one out of the Lincoln Navigator and then uploading it, but that didn't work either). Also, the Sirius demo channels work so I know I'm still getting a signal.

3 - Minor) When using Android Auto through USB the volume is about half its normal level on other sources. Not sure if this is a phone thing or an android auto thing (phone is a Galaxy S8). I've made sure all the volume levels are all the way up on the phone, and I tried a trick i saw on another forum about activating 'ok google' and then exiting out of it, which supposedly fixes it temporarily, but it does nothing for me. Its a minor thing, as I can switch over to bluetooth and its at a normal level again, Its just annoying. Now that I have Waze on the screen I'd love to just put my phone in the armrest storage and forget about it, but this makes me have to switch back and forth.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Once again, thank you for this thread! I was able to do my swap over the weekend, Sync 3 w/nav out of a '17 Lincoln Navigator, new HU5Z hub, and GPS antenna. Updated it to version 2.3 via USB. Got it reprogrammed in Forscan so its back to blue instead of that ugly brown Lincoln theme, with the Mustang boot up logo! While mostly everything is correct, I've got 1 minor issue and a couple of questions:

1) Previously when I'd put the car in reverse I would hear beeps if the parking sensors detected anything behind me that would change depending on how close the obstacle was. I don't have those beeps anymore, although I can see on screen that it is detecting obstacles. Any way to get that back?

2) I have the VIN for the car this APIM came out of, is there any way to get Sirius travel link to work? Right now it tells me I need a subscription. I added that VIN to 'my ford garage' online, but nothing changed. If this is related at all... When I updated to sync version 2.3 and it generated that xml file to report the update to Ford, I noticed it had my car's VIN in it, not the Lincoln's, and it wouldn't let me upload it to the Ford/Lincoln website (It would fail each time I tried. I tried editing the VIN number in the xml file with the one out of the Lincoln Navigator and then uploading it, but that didn't work either). Also, the Sirius demo channels work so I know I'm still getting a signal.

3 - Minor) When using Android Auto through USB the volume is about half its normal level on other sources. Not sure if this is a phone thing or an android auto thing (phone is a Galaxy S8). I've made sure all the volume levels are all the way up on the phone, and I tried a trick i saw on another forum about activating 'ok google' and then exiting out of it, which supposedly fixes it temporarily, but it does nothing for me. Its a minor thing, as I can switch over to bluetooth and its at a normal level again, Its just annoying. Now that I have Waze on the screen I'd love to just put my phone in the armrest storage and forget about it, but this makes me have to switch back and forth.
You have to have a subscription to SiriusXM and Travel Link in order for it to work. They dont give it to you for free. If you have an account with them, you will have to call and give them the Sirius ID off the radio(should be in the settings) and have them add it to your account and pay the extra if you dont already for Travel Link

brownm93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost premium m/t guard
Damn, ok. I had it before I made the swap because it was free with the car for however many years (I think 5?). I just assumed it would continue to work.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Damn, ok. I had it before I made the swap because it was free with the car for however many years (I think 5?). I just assumed it would continue to work.
Did you flash your ACM as built data? The issue with rear obstacle detection is most likely related. If Travelink is part of your paid subscription it should still work. Any kind of promotional package tied the original APIM (and it’s Sirius ID) is likely to be voided.
I was able to edit my xml file and successfully upload it to My Ford but this may have been bc my equipment was from a Mustang. When ver 2.3 was released I received a notification via the FordPass app on iPhone.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Dear all
Because that version of Sync 3 is a bootleg I don’t offer any support for it. Ver2.3 is out now officially and working fine.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.