Blauplow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I got the track pack installed a week ago so its time for an alignment

I also installed the Max motorsports caster camber plates

Application is for aggressive street driving only, not dd or tracked

Im thinking of having it aligned to the following based on reading all the threads I could find

Front camber -2.0
Toe 0.0

Rear camber -1.5
Toe 0.25

would the Gurus agree or suggest different settings?
or people who have had the same kit what did you ultimately end up with
Sponsored

Last edited:

Glex25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I went with the specs Ford Racing suggested on their installation manual

lilgdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Hmmm... PP spec is frnt -1.03 camber, rear -1.5, track pack spec according to Ford is frnt -1.55 rear -1.98. i would say stay with what Ford spec is either way.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
The Ford Racing performance alignment is sharper steering wise and will help you corner better but with a bit more tire wear. I suggest going to the PP spec rather than the Performance spec, the car will behave better on the street manners.

I am using about -1.8 on front and rear and it corners very well and the steering is very responsive, almost too responsive on the highway. It almost turns bends on the highway just thinking about it- without much conscious effort on the steering wheel. But going straight on the highway I now have to pay more attention to the steering wheel but it's so responsive to road conditions.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Hmmm... PP spec is frnt -1.03 camber, rear -1.5, track pack spec according to Ford is frnt -1.55 rear -1.98. i would say stay with what Ford spec is either way.
Maybe on the street.

Front tires won't last long on the track without more camber.
I run as much camber as I can get, after blistering a RF MPSS at my first track day with the FR settings. At - 2.5 F, - 2 R with my current setup. Works fine on the street, but a back injury has kept me off the track.

Sponsored

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
No reason for -2* up front if it's never going to a track. You'll just burn up the inside front tire for no reason. I'd stick with the factory camber.

OP
OP

Blauplow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Sounds like I'm just going to go
Front -1.5
Rear -2

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Sounds like I'm just going to go
Front -1.5
Rear -2
I would do at least - 2 all around. You bought camber plates, might as well get some use out of them.

The front has a worse camber curve than the rear (really needs more static camber to compensate), and - 2 camber in the front is not going to burn up the fronts anymore than - 2 will the rear. Plus camber is usually a small contributor to tire wear.

The only reason Ford Racing doesn't recommend more at the front is that there is no adjustment on the front with the stock & track pack hardware. The gain over stock is just what you get from lowering the car. They really should add some camber bolts to the package.

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
I had the dealer set it up as FP suggested.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I would do at least - 2 all around. You bought camber plates, might as well get some use out of them.

The front has a worse camber curve than the rear (really needs more static camber to compensate), and - 2 camber in the front is not going to burn up the fronts anymore than - 2 will the rear. Plus camber is usually a small contributor to tire wear.

The only reason Ford Racing doesn't recommend more at the front is that there is no adjustment on the front with the stock & track pack hardware. The gain over stock is just what you get from lowering the car. They really should add some camber bolts to the package.
:confused:

The front struts has virtually zero camber gain. There really is no gain in camber from lowering the car.

Ford Racing recommends -1.75* for the GT350s front which isn't attainable without modifying the two lower strut bolts. The reason the front recommendation is so low on the GT for STREET use is you don't need -2* on the front of a STREET-driven car.

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
OP, feel free to shoot me an email, [email protected]

I've got some settings / set up info I can send to you based on working with similar packages over the years.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
:confused:

The front struts has virtually zero camber gain. There really is no gain in camber from lowering the car.

Ford Racing recommends -1.75* for the GT350s front which isn't attainable without modifying the two lower strut bolts. The reason the front recommendation is so low on the GT for STREET use is you don't need -2* on the front of a STREET-driven car.
You gain about 0.2 (negative) lowering the front an inch. You WANT to gain (negative) camber as the tire is loaded (suspension compresses), that is why you need more static camber with a strut suspension. Thus you actually need more in front than with the multilink rear, that has a better camber curve (more dynamic camber gain).

You don't need any camber driving your kids to school, driving the under posted speed limit. You do driving hard through the curves. Given the OP bought the Track Pack, and camber plates, and said he wanted to drive hard. I figure he needs a performance alignment.
Sponsored