Alignment with Track handling pack

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
What am I missing as Ford recommends less neg camber up front but it seems like most are aiming for more neg camber in the front than the rear.

Example;
Ford Front -1.55 Rear -1.98
Here Front -2.50 Rear -2.00

???
Ford's recommend settings will keep the inherent understeer bias of the car. -1.5 front is not enough to adequately use the contact patch and prevent sidewall blistering at track.
Sponsored

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
What am I missing as Ford recommends less neg camber up front but it seems like most are aiming for more neg camber in the front than the rear.

Example;

???
Those settings are very conservative to allow for both more friendly tire wear and to cater to the lowest common denominator of driving skills.

EDIT: [MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] beat me to the punch, but he's got it right :cheers:

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP

Example;

???
The front camber is not adjustable stock. The FR track pack doesn't include camber bolts or plates to make it adjustable. Thus thier recommended settings are basicly what extra camber you get from lowering the car.

Virtually all races cars use more camber in front than in the rear. This is espeically true for cars with McPhearson strut front and multi-link rear suspension. As multi-link has better camber control/gain and thus needs less static camber.

SidewaysMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Thanks to all for clearing that up.

I'm currently not lowered but I'm at:

-1.3 FR
0 toe front
-1.5 Rear
0.25 rear toe

It feels great but that is also after a bad alignment where total toe was 0 in front but the wheels were like this \___\

Also seems like no one locally can get my steering wheel perfectly centered. Always points slightly left and the GT350 steering wheel center stripe accents it.

When I lower I may try the recommendations on this thread.
Sponsored