Sponsored

Got rear ended...totalled?

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
That is totaled, not even close. Glad you are ok.
Sponsored

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
I'm so sorry, hope you get it together financially.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
yea im fine, honestly i barely felt it lol. I little bit of whip lash but i was sitting in nuetral with out my foot on the brake so it pushed my car more than anything. If i had my foot on the brake im pretty sure the truck tires wouldve been on top of my car.

No police didnt find them. The police didnt even show up as a matter of fact. Just made a report with my insurance.
Oh dang. I'd be pissed. But I would ask your insurance how you should claim it so it doesn't hurt your insurance rate.

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Glad you are ok. Car doesn't look so good.

Here are my questions. Did you call 911 when it happened and did you provide any vehicle information? You said it was a lifted F250. Anything else and did you pass that along to the police if surface street or sheriff or CHP?

Did you go to the hospital? If not, did you go to primary care after the adrenalin rush wore off? The reason why is this - hit and run in Ca at a minimum is a misdemeanor. You, being hit plus the damage of the vehicle could turn it into a felony if you are injured. Big difference between a misdemeanor and felony in the big scheme of things.

I'm willing to bet your insurance company wants to know all of this - they are footing a bill they shouldn't have to and while this was not your primary intent you could have taken a scum back off the roadways for others. Not to mention a lawsuit....

Always, always get checked out. If not at the time then with your primary care. Better to be safe than sorry.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
It's not pretty but fixable.

Sponsored

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
You didn't look at his plate? You have to at least get a plate man.

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
You didn't look at his plate? You have to at least get a plate man.
You'd think that would be commonsense, but I can say from experience that it's the last thing you think about when you get hit out of nowhere.

Your first reaction is usually questioning what happened, not even realizing that you were hit (especially if you're rear ended). Once you realize a collision took place, you immediately question how it happened. The last time I was rear ended (stopped first in line at a red light), I spent a few seconds assessing the situation and making sure that I wasn't at fault (there was no way I could have been, but I still questioned it).

All meanwhile, the person behind me could have easily backed up, driven off, and I would have been in too much shock to take down a plate.

I personally know 2 people who caught hit and run drivers on their dash cams - I keep telling myself to get a camera sooner than later.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Asshole lifted pickup truck drivers strike again, they should all be destroyed.

Sucks to hear man.

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Another +1 for dash cam install! Sorry for your loss. And you should always call the cops, as insurance companies can hassle you otherwise.

Sponsored

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Goner. I would tell you to start shopping but don't waste your time doing anything more than taking notes until you've got an acceptable decision. And it probably wouldn't hurt to get checked out in case you have any physical issues down the road. You can break your neck from whiplash and not even know it.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
Randy, sorry to see your car all smashed. I see you're right across the straight from me, I live in Martinez. I got rear ended in my '14 by some drugged lady, she didn't run, probably because she was too pilled up to move quickly.

Hope everything works out for you. Looks totaled.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Did you check to see if any businesses OR the traffic lights at the scene or even near/around it had any visible survellience cameras?? They may have captured the guy hitting you... I'd go back and check for sure!

OP
OP

Randy954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Pp
A little update. They totalled it out. No frame damage but the whole rear needed to be replaced.

Im hoping for a check between 32-35k. Car only had 10k miles

OP
OP

Randy954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Pp
And no i didnr get a plate number. The airbags smashed my glasses causing the lens to pop out.. plus he made it seem like he was going to turn into the complex with me and then went straight.
Sponsored