uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 289 2v, 95 Cobra, 05 GT, 15 GT Perf Pack
Definitely looks better on darker colours but I still don't like how much the front end drops away when you look at it in profile. Looks too much like a Jaguar XK and doesn't match the rear.
Looks like an underbite.

Like the Catfish Camaros of the late 90s early 2000s.

This has a lame assed "shark" underbite. The dork-fish of the pony cars.

Swear to god meme for everything...

th?id=OIP.uyo7FKeqfB-JSbg4djWbhwEsDd&pid=15.jpg
Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
For some reason the s550 is never done justice in pictures. The 15 looked like crap in pics. But exotic in person.

The 18 (supposedly) looks more high tech in person and confused in pictures.

The rear could have used more angles to match the front better though. Don't know why they didn't give it more attention.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I was at SAE Detroit last week and they had this 18 convertible on display.
Were you able to get a good look at the gauges? That's the same car I saw in person at the Pittsburgh show and it had analog gauges but the car was on a stand roped off so I wasn't able to get close enough to see them. I was curious if they changed the gauge font or swapped the tach and speedo like they often do with Mustang refreshes.

cj428

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R TT
Sorry never even looked inside the car there was a lot going on there I just took some quick pics. Also I saw prototype Mach 1 on the street by the time I realized what it was I was looking at I couldn't get the Blasted phone up fast enough to get a picture of it probably should have tried to chase them down but we were late for an appointment

cj428

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R TT
I was there for the GT tech event and my mind was a little fried!
20170405_184741 (2500x1406).jpg
20170405_175246 (2500x1406).jpg
20170405_210126 (2500x1406).jpg

Sponsored

cj428

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R TT
I thought the Mustang looked nice the Prototype I saw on the street looks really good wish I could have got that pic

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
Am I the only one who thinks the Royal Crimson one looks like a cockroach that someone stepped on?

wibled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2002 Thunderbird, 2021 Bronco Sp
Personally I like it.
Me too. The only thing I don't like is the rear spoiler. Will get to see the refresh in person on Wednesday at the NY Auto Show.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Not digging on royal crimson. Never liked burgundy. And to everyone who "throws up in their mouth a little" when they see an '18, you must hate 17s almost as much. The difference is trivial. It's like Porsche guys arguing over pre-post face-lift 997 when nobody who isn't a Porsche guy can tell the difference. It's like your wife coming how with a new haircut and then punching her in the face and throwing her out of the house.

You may prefer the 17 (which I can respect) but it's almost the same.

Other point - People frequently comparing the 18 front fascia to boring cars like Prius, Mazda 3, Elantra, etc. Take a close look at the headlights of those cars (along with Camry, Accord, Civic, Passat, the list goes on). They all share a common element, a straight top with the bottom of the headlight curving up to a top-pointy corner. Guess which Mustang shares that design? The 15-17. The 18 headlights (top and bottom coming together and meeting in the middle) is a far less common design (a lot of BMWs share it). Walk around a parking lot. The curved-up corners are by far the most common, from Lexus to Hyundai and everything in between.

Sponsored

Chumley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350, '18 GOLF R, '09 BMW 335
Me too. The only thing I don't like is the rear spoiler. Will get to see the refresh in person on Wednesday at the NY Auto Show.
Me three. I really like it. It's not perfect, suffering like a lot of cars from a factory required all season ride height combined with an aggressive splitter/front end. I think after a year of seeing these on the road, the purposeless bulging, rounded fog lights and soft edges of the pre-18's will look tragically old.

Not that you should have to, but drop the suspension an inch or two and get that splitter down like the GT350's and eliminate wheel gap = completely different look.

Pretty much all spoilers bigger than the smallest rise are non-functional junk. Spoiler delete for me.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I'm back to not liking it.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I'm 90% sure the port injection is mostly going to be to keep the intake valves clean and to avoid alot of the carbon problems found on direct injection only gasoline engines.
Was going to say the same thing - as I have an RS4 and keeping the valves clean is a pain.

Chumley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350, '18 GOLF R, '09 BMW 335
Was going to say the same thing - as I have an RS4 and keeping the valves clean is a pain.
Ya, when the dealer insists the car needs walnut shell blasting the instant reaction is..."What?!?!.....walnuts?". Apparently there's even a special tool for it.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Not digging on royal crimson. Never liked burgundy. And to everyone who "throws up in their mouth a little" when they see an '18, you must hate 17s almost as much. The difference is trivial. It's like Porsche guys arguing over pre-post face-lift 997 when nobody who isn't a Porsche guy can tell the difference. It's like your wife coming how with a new haircut and then punching her in the face and throwing her out of the house.

You may prefer the 17 (which I can respect) but it's almost the same.

Other point - People frequently comparing the 18 front fascia to boring cars like Prius, Mazda 3, Elantra, etc. Take a close look at the headlights of those cars (along with Camry, Accord, Civic, Passat, the list goes on). They all share a common element, a straight top with the bottom of the headlight curving up to a top-pointy corner. Guess which Mustang shares that design? The 15-17. The 18 headlights (top and bottom coming together and meeting in the middle) is a far less common design (a lot of BMWs share it). Walk around a parking lot. The curved-up corners are by far the most common, from Lexus to Hyundai and everything in between.
Respectfully disagree. This is like going from the 997 to the 996 (yes that direction). If they had taken the direction of doing the equivalent of 997 to 991 then you'd have most of us applauding. This would be the equivalent of adding some of the GT350 elements to the front, but not all, lowering the hood line, and retaining the current overall look. I'll beat this horse till it's completely dead 3 times over, but they could've done the most minor of styling tweaks, and all the new content alone would've sold the 18 refresh (10 spd, PFI+DI power, active exhaust, mag ride option, new wheels, gauge cluster, etc.). This was overstyling for the sake of it and I am confident their sales will be hurt because of it. They may not sell less than outgoing, but they could've sold a bunch more had they not messed with a good thing.

Also, I'm not a Porsche guy and I can spot those differences.
Sponsored