natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
19" Ebony Black Painted Aluminum Wheel (I'm going to call this an RS wheel)

I seriously would have loved if they had these for the 15s. These GTpp wheels are such a bitch to clean.
Sponsored

TCZGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT Convertible
I like #4 and #5. I have 20s on mine so i am biased, but these are big cars and imo need big wheels to look in proportion.....

OP
OP
c-rizzle

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
18MST_wheels_04_large.jpg
19" Ebony Black Painted Aluminum Wheel (I'm going to call this an RS wheel)

I seriously would have loved if they had these for the 15s. These GTpp wheels are such a bitch to clean.
I really like that style wheel too, and they're usually one of the lightest weight wheel options, but it looks to be the Ecoboost Performance Pack wheel. Which I'm guessing is not staggered. :(

Ecoboost Performance Pack car:
attachment.jpg

(no fangs in grill, no "5.0" emblems & only dual exhaust = ecoboost, but has upgraded (base s550 GT) brakes and PP spoiler, so this should be an Eco PP)

Last edited:

Whitemagic1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I don't know why Ford has been SO "bad" with narrow wheels. Has taken Forever to get a "Wide" wheel on their cars !Take the 13-14 GT500,a car with 662 HP an over 600 tq,with a 285 rear tire !?Finally, until the GT350 came out, REAL rubber. Now, (still) black rims on most every car. Really ? Any imagination ? No engineers can think of anything else? Or just save money, brainwash everyone, that that is the best...

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks magic1, I've been on this with Ford for 4 years! For $30,000 or more OTD we could at least get 10" wheels OEM. Going after market is $ 250-350 a wheel for a "lightweight" racing wheel. Rant over!

Sponsored

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Could be as simple as the assembly line not being equipped to handle that wide of a wheel. The machines are setup with specific parameters and its takes quite a bit to modify for something completely new....

Pablo GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman S
More details on this wheel. They look amazing! Anyone know if these are staggered and what does "with MR" mean? Are these confirmed to be the PP2 wheels?
my question as well. Is this pure speculation that this is the PP2 MR wheel?

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
attachment.png
Forged 19" - staggered 255 front, 275 rear

attachment.png
PP2 19" with MR

attachment.png
PP1 - 19" staggered 255 frt / 275 rear

Really liking these three sets.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
I don't know why Ford has been SO "bad" with narrow wheels. Has taken Forever to get a "Wide" wheel on their cars !Take the 13-14 GT500,a car with 662 HP an over 600 tq,with a 285 rear tire !?Finally, until the GT350 came out, REAL rubber. Now, (still) black rims on most every car. Really ? Any imagination ? No engineers can think of anything else? Or just save money, brainwash everyone, that that is the best...
I hear you but if you think we have it bad, go talk to the Challenger folks. A 707hp Hellcat has to get by with even less rubber than the GT500. :frusty:

I suspect we can all come up with many reasons why they tend to go skinnier on the wheels. For Chrysler, it's a limitation on the platform, as noted by the Demon that needed the wide body kit to fit respectable rubber.

For Ford, it comes down to cost and competing design criteria-

1) Wider wheels will cost more, even if only slightly...which matters on the mass production scale.

2) Wider tires will cost more. See above...plus as they get into "elite performance car" sizes, the price increase will be significant and not linear.

3) Wider wheels/tires are heavier which hurts ride quality

4) Wider tires are more likely to "tramline" and follow grooves in the pavement...something that they certainly want to avoid.

5) Wider tires and heavier wheels result in more rolling resistance which means fewer Ms per G.

6) Heavier wheels/tires require more energy to get them moving, more brake pad to get them stopped (inertia/angular momentum) and they add to the overall weight of the car...meaning more fuel consumption there too.

7) Better traction means that the wonderful S550 Wheelhop will be even more likely to break stuff. :lol:

my question as well. Is this pure speculation that this is the PP2 MR wheel?
+1
I'm dying to see what the performance packs offer. I don't anticipate wanting the MR but I do anticipate wanting the lightest 9.5" + wheels that they offer.
:shrug:

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
I hear you but if you think we have it bad, go talk to the Challenger folks. A 707hp Hellcat has to get by with even less rubber than the GT500. :frusty:

I suspect we can all come up with many reasons why they tend to go skinnier on the wheels. For Chrysler, it's a limitation on the platform, as noted by the Demon that needed the wide body kit to fit respectable rubber.

For Ford, it comes down to cost and competing design criteria-

1) Wider wheels will cost more, even if only slightly...which matters on the mass production scale.

2) Wider tires will cost more. See above...plus as they get into "elite performance car" sizes, the price increase will be significant and not linear.

3) Wider wheels/tires are heavier which hurts ride quality

4) Wider tires are more likely to "tramline" and follow grooves in the pavement...something that they certainly want to avoid.

5) Wider tires and heavier wheels result in more rolling resistance which means fewer Ms per G.

6) Heavier wheels/tires require more energy to get them moving, more brake pad to get them stopped (inertia/angular momentum) and they add to the overall weight of the car...meaning more fuel consumption there too.

7) Better traction means that the wonderful S550 Wheelhop will be even more likely to break stuff. :lol:

+1
I'm dying to see what the performance packs offer. I don't anticipate wanting the MR but I do anticipate wanting the lightest 9.5" + wheels that they offer.
:shrug:
I'm not brushed up on MR details but does the MR suspension actually adjust the firmness depending on the setting? Track etc.

Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
I'm not brushed up on MR details but does the MR suspension actually adjust the firmness depending on the setting? Track etc.
Assuming 2018 Mustang GT MR works pretty much like all the other MR suspensions out there it will have an adjustable "base" firmness depending on the dialed setting (normal, sport, track) and will adjust virtually instantaneously (1/1000 of a second has been advertised in other vehicles) to the conditions. This can give both a softer or firmer on an individual wheel basis as required. Hard braking? Front shocks dial up to max. Hit a bump in the road, left front gets soft for .2 seconds.

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
Assuming 2018 Mustang GT MR works pretty much like all the other MR suspensions out there it will have an adjustable "base" firmness depending on the dialed setting (normal, sport, track) and will adjust virtually instantaneously (1/1000 of a second has been advertised in other vehicles) to the conditions. This can give both a softer or firmer on an individual wheel basis as required. Hard braking? Front shocks dial up to max. Hit a bump in the road, left front gets soft for .2 seconds.
Interesting. Initially thought it would be a bit excess add on but it sounds like a great piece of tech hardware that I would rather not add post car purchase if that is even possible.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
:ford:
18_3.jpg
18_2.jpg
18_1.jpg

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score