2018 Mustang GT & EcoBoost Testing in New Colors/Wheels Combinations

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I keep going up and down on this car. Saw it in person and it looked ok, but that was the Royal Crimson color, and the hood vents blended in. Then i saw the video of the orange China reveal and the boring hood vents looked forced and just not right. I think one thing that I don't care for is that the front outer edges are a copy of the Prius. A Mustang should be more unique. How is it that forum members can do outstanding work coming up with design ideas like the Mach1 renderings for example...
This is what happens when you design by committee and someone like J Mays is no longer overseeing things.
Sponsored

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Well, I can tell you they threw away the Joe Lewis Fist photo when they were looking for inspiration for this facelift. I think some threw in a kardashian photo and never took it back out.

The MY18 is not a bruteish muscle car at all. Now it's an advert for a facelift gone wrong. Much like the kardashians.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Well, I can tell you they threw away the Joe Lewis Fist photo when they were looking for inspiration for this facelift. I think some threw in a kardashian photo and never took it back out.

The MY18 is not a bruteish muscle car at all. Now it's an advert for a facelift gone wrong. Much like the kardashians.
You can't call it a muscle car, it's not allowed.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
You can't call it a muscle car, it's not allowed.
:lol::lol:

To be fair, Mustangs aren't, and never were, muscle cars.

Muscle cars are larger, real 4 seat family cars with huge engines. Mustangs, Camaros, Firebirds were defined as Pony Cars. Now a Mustang is a Sports Coupe/Grand Tourer. And a Camaro is a......a.....God-awful mess.

BA939P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 & 14GT
kinda remind me of hyundai old genesis coupe

Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
We really do have it good now. We have two great choices.
1. We can still order a 2017 GT without DI for greater choices for adding forced induction. For those who like the 2017 design, they still can order one.
2. For fans of DI, they can order a 2018 GT that will have a higher stock horsepower level. For those who want a more aggressive design, they can order the 2018.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
We really do have it good now. We have two great choices.
1. We can still order a 2017 GT without DI for greater choices for adding forced induction. For those who like the 2017 design, they still can order one.
2. For fans of DI, they can order a 2018 GT that will have a higher stock horsepower level. For those who want a more aggressive design, they can order the 2018.
I'm thinking that the port fuel injection that will be on the 2018 car is there so more fuel can be added for FI applications.

MadMB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang v6
:(

5LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt base 6spd mans transmission
Seems those that don't like it have an s550 and those that do not have an s550 like it. A recurring theme. I was hanging out with s197 owners and they think the 18 model is way better.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I'm thinking that the port fuel injection that will be on the 2018 car is there so more fuel can be added for FI applications.
I'm 90% sure the port injection is mostly going to be to keep the intake valves clean and to avoid alot of the carbon problems found on direct injection only gasoline engines.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Seems those that don't like it have an s550 and those that do not have an s550 like it. A recurring theme. I was hanging out with s197 owners and they think the 18 model is way better.
Well I can say, if I were sitting on this board deciding if I wanted to order a 17 or an 18, it would still be a 17. These pictures are the least flattering ones I've seen so far. The car is disproportionate in the front which is distracting with the flow of the car and lines. And what does owning a S197 mean? Are they some sort of expert connoisseurs of Mustang designs?:lol:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm 90% sure the port injection is mostly going to be to keep the intake valves clean and to avoid alot of the carbon problems found on direct injection only gasoline engines.
Oh it'll be doing a lot more than that, but yes that's part of what it'll be used for.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
You never know, I might hate it when I finally get to see one in person :headbonk:
well I hated the front of the 15, was still undecided when i then saw the Sharks lit up and the California Special then I was hooked
seeing pictures and video's is not the same as seeing the car in the flesh
Sponsored