Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
They look great.

Where were the pictures taken? Looks like Dearborn/Detroit.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry [MENTION=6364]Twin Turbo[/MENTION], but...:lol:

Before (L) and After (R)

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

39Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Terlingua
I been on Ford's ass for 25 years to get some new colors as its always the same ol' colors with the Mustang and one of the colors I wanted to see come back is Royal Maroon and this new color is a little darker but it'll be great if Ford offers the Mach 1 I will order it in this Maroon. The Lightning Blue is great but these are not enough we want some bright colors and bring back the Grabber colors

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
If Ford brings back Azure Blue for a '19MY Mach 1........my bank account will be in serious trouble :headbang:

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Well this refresh is set in stone, that's for sure.

I guess we can only hope Ford has the good taste to redo that front end once more for 2019 and 2020. Like the 2013 that fixed the failed 2010 backend.

Oh and please replace that complicated and expensive tricoat Orange Fury with plain old simple Grabber Orange unicolor. This car is all about heritage, it doesn't need new fancy pants metallic stuff that has zero heritage.

Sponsored

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
half-face-make-women-12.jpg

So much going on in that front end. It reminds me of a Lexus RC-F, maybe even a Jaguar...but from certain angles it reminds me of a Mitsubishi Eclipse.

Hopefully seeing it in person will change that. If I still don't like it then i'll have to wait till 2020 to trade up to a GT.
I remember seeing the 2015s for the first time in real life...I fell in love with it right away and had to have one.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You never know, I might hate it when I finally get to see one in person :headbonk:
I just think it looks like forced styling. They had to change stuff so they did, regardless of the design harmony overall. Worse, all the new angles and such just don't mesh with the rest of the sheetmetal. The new hood lines have to make an awkward jog outboard to match up with the main belt character line. On the 15-17 that is a smooth line all the way back from the start of the hood. There's no getting around that the headlight angle pointing down at the back makes it look droopy, not aggressive. Change that to closer to the 15 style and it is immediately improved.

I like that they lowered the front end, and I like the rear fascia, along with all the great new content, but that front end design just makes it lose a lot of the visual appeal. It's really hard to argue, for me, that it looks better than the Camaro (gosh I hate saying that).

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The new headlamps are one of my favourite aspects :eek:

Ah well, with any luck depreciation will be killer on these......and I can pick up a second hand bargain :p

Still really want that Azure Blue Mach 1 though..... :ford:

Sponsored

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
I really like the spoiler on the GTs in the picture. I think I will pick one up or a look a-like if they fit the 15-17 factory lip spoiler holes

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
The Ecoboost PP wheels and quad exhaust :thumbsup:

PIsenhour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Dark Matter Gray Metallic
Do not like it. The front nose just looks out of proportion to the rest of the car. I guess they were going for a more aggressive look, but not a fan.

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
it doesnt look aggressive no more, looks squished :/ the blue made me take a second a look though!

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
I keep going up and down on this car. Saw it in person and it looked ok, but that was the Royal Crimson color, and the hood vents blended in. Then i saw the video of the orange China reveal and the boring hood vents looked forced and just not right. I think one thing that I don't care for is that the front outer edges are a copy of the Prius. A Mustang should be more unique. How is it that forum members can do outstanding work coming up with design ideas like the Mach1 renderings for example...
Sponsored