Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

try714

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby gt350
Im getting mine unit pretty soon, I hope it plug and play..
Sponsored

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I know, no one loves Apple. I've been investing in Apple for 20 years, and it's made me some money. Im not abandoning Apple.
Yeah...I get it. I'm glad u got it figured out though:thumbsup:

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I did successfully change my wallpaper. I just Googled Mustang wallpaper in portrait, and clicked on a picture. Once open, I just touched and held the picture until a message window popped up. I selected save photo and set as wallpaper. Initially, I didn't think it worked, as I restarted, and the Chinese picture was still up. I remember reading earlier that we gave to reboot twice and open the driver's door, or something like that. Anyway, the last time I turned it on, boom! There it was.

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Oh, I also experienced the low volume when using Bluetooth. However, when mirrored to my phone, and using Amazon music and ITunes, I have full sound.

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Added One launcher to the HU tonight, and I feel like I can breathe again. Very Apple like for those like me who desire a more familiar look. I couldn't find play store, so I downloaded it; no success getting it to work though. I'll try again tomorrow and upload a video of the launcher.

Sponsored

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Good news for folks with a Premium car: I'm in the car currently, doing some tests with the USB connector. Not only does the single connection wire up to both USB ports in the car (front console and armrest), it also wires up to the SD card! Looks like there's an USB hub somewhere. I have it hooked up to my laptop currently, and I can access both USB ports and the SD card simultaneously.

Now, the connections only work when I currently have the stock unit plugged in and the USB cable to my laptop. I hope I will get the same result with the Tesla unit installed, will report back shortly when I have that hooked up.

wortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 16
Added One launcher to the HU tonight, and I feel like I can breathe again. Very Apple like for those like me who desire a more familiar look. I couldn't find play store, so I downloaded it; no success getting it to work though. I'll try again tomorrow and upload a video of the launcher.
Install Nova launcher and you will be able to find play store and other apps installed.

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Install Nova launcher and you will be able to find play store and other apps installed.
Just need to enable "Google Apps" in the advance settings and it'll show up.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
Good news for folks with a Premium car: I'm in the car currently, doing some tests with the USB connector. Not only does the single connection wire up to both USB ports in the car (front console and armrest), it also wires up to the SD card! Looks like there's an USB hub somewhere. I have it hooked up to my laptop currently, and I can access both USB ports and the SD card simultaneously.

Now, the connections only work when I currently have the stock unit plugged in and the USB cable to my laptop. I hope I will get the same result with the Tesla unit installed, will report back shortly when I have that hooked up.
What SD card?

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What SD card?
SD card for stock nav.

Just installed the unit (kind of). It only recognizes one of the ports at a time: you can have either the front USB, armrest USB, or SD card be recognized as "USB storage".

A/C isn't working for me currently. The controls in the UI don't do anything. The MODE physical toggle does both A/C full blast AND change the driving mode. I have it as Mustang Hi everywhere, even went back to Lo and back to Hi again, but there's no difference (every time turning car off, opening door, locking/unlocking to make sure it really reboots).

Back camera also doesn't work when just connecting the yellow RCA from the Premium cables to the CAMERA RCA of the 14-pin video cable. If I connect the yellow loose wire from the Premium cable (that goes to the CAN bus box) to the green "reverse camera power" wire on the 14-pin cable, the picture shows up briefly but is garbled.

RPM also doesn't work, but speed does.

Sponsored
OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
SD card for stock nav.

Just installed the unit (kind of). It only recognizes one of the ports at a time: you can have either the front USB, armrest USB, or SD card be recognized as "USB storage".

A/C isn't working for me currently. The controls in the UI don't do anything. The MODE physical toggle does both A/C full blast AND change the driving mode. I have it as Mustang Hi everywhere, even went back to Lo and back to Hi again, but there's no difference (every time turning car off, opening door, locking/unlocking to make sure it really reboots).

Back camera also doesn't work when just connecting the yellow RCA from the Premium cables to the CAMERA RCA of the 14-pin video cable. If I connect the yellow loose wire from the Premium cable (that goes to the CAN bus box) to the green "reverse camera power" wire on the 14-pin cable, the picture shows up briefly but is garbled.

RPM also doesn't work, but speed does.
Usually if the touch screen AC controls don't work, it's due to a poor connection on the CANBUS cables. Otherwise you may have a bad AC board. Also, if the premium unit has an SD slot, you may be closer to a recovery than anyone else.

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Usually if the touch screen AC controls don't work, it's due to a poor connection on the CANBUS cables. Otherwise you may have a bad AC board. Also, if the premium unit has an SD slot, you may be closer to a recovery than anyone else.
Hope one of the others with a Premium will install it this weekend, so we can compare notes.

This is the connector that goes to the little CAN bus box with the Premium cables:

That orange wire is just a loose cable (with the end split, so you can connect it somewhere). If I hook that up to the green/black stripe cable from the 14-pin video cable, I briefly get a picture from the back cam (3 seconds), but it's garbled. After 3 second it goes to black again.

On the base model, that pin has a thicker white cable that goes to the smaller CAN bus plug that is in the base model, so I figure it's some kind of V+ signal, but not sure why it doesn't work in a stable manner.

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Anyone have any other settings or advanced setting codes? I've tried 8861 and 7890, but no dice.

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I have one of the new units, and the seller just emailed me an update for the nav and auto-update; hopefully this will also fix the issue with the Play Store. I'll follow up as soon as I get it done. Can someone translate this message from the seller for me?

"Please use your computer to download, to prepare a 4 gb of u disk, format, and then copied to the u disk, insert USB interface navigation, automatic updates, please wait for 4 to 6 minutes.thank you."

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
It sounds like he's advising you on the update method that I made a video about. Get a 4gb USB flash drive, format it for FAT32, unzip and copy the file he sends you directly onto the USB drive (don't make a folder for it). After your unit is booted, stick the USB drive in your front USB port and in a few moments it'll ask you to update.

I wonder if this "new" update has any goodies in it.
Sponsored