Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Yeah, I bought a new 8GB USB stick, and formatted to FAT32. Then took the file I downloaded called update+google and dragged it to the USB stick. Not sure that I can get into settings, the passwords don't work for me. So, I don't have to extract the file since I downloaded the whole file unzipped, and I just remane in from update+google to update.img? I don't understand the root thing.
Root means that you need to place the file directly where you open your USB key. I don't really know how to explain it but your USB key should be empty with no folder and you should only see the file you need. Yes that update+google you'll have to rename it update (.img is already added it's just you probably didn't enable it on your system to show the extension of the files.)

Easier way: Go to the Tesla's APK Manager and go to Firmware Update (2nd GEN) then download the April2017Update.zip. Unzip the archive and move the update file (without the folder) to your USB drive.
Sponsored

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Root means that you need to place the file directly where you open your USB key. I don't really know how to explain it but your USB key should be empty with no folder and you should only see the file you need. Yes that update+google you'll have to rename it update (.img is already added it's just you probably didn't enable it on your system to show the extension of the files.)

Easier way: Go to the Tesla's APK Manager and go to Firmware Update (2nd GEN) then download the April2017Update.zip. Unzip the archive and move the update file (without the folder) to your USB drive.
to clarify, yes, the file is the only thing on the usb. you are saying that the file needs to be changed to "update". I don't need to add the img???

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
The file name was the issue, update successful. It added google maps and play store; both work now. Thank you everyone.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Jknapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO v6 Mustang
Really curious how the other Premium installs will go. Here's how my back camera looks right now: https://gfycat.com/CaringMedicalArcticfox

And this is the A/C UI controls (hardware buttons don't do anything): https://gfycat.com/QuickFaroffImpala
The issue with your ac controls not working is the ac pcb. Mine did that when I first got mine. You will need a replacement most likely but I found sometimes tapping the area where the controls are will allow it to work. This manufacturer seems to have major quality issues with that part, the replacement board I got from Patrick came with a broken button and nasty flux all over the place.

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Will going back to stock fix the ac issue, or is it in the car?

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium
The issue with your ac controls not working is the ac pcb. Mine did that when I first got mine. You will need a replacement most likely but I found sometimes tapping the area where the controls are will allow it to work. This manufacturer seems to have major quality issues with that part, the replacement board I got from Patrick came with a broken button and nasty flux all over the place.
Sounds like it, yeah. I have been e-mailing with him and he told me basically that I need a new A/C board.
[MENTION=21083]PatrickHenninger[/MENTION], he mentioned you sent you an additional two boards and it would take about a month for them to get to you. Do you know about this?

The bad news is that he can't send me a new one, since they don't manufacture the v1 anymore (only the new one with the main control unit integrated), so they don't have any more replacement boards. He suggested I can send the whole thing back so they can repair it, which I'm not excited about.
[MENTION=23891]Jknapp[/MENTION], which board is the A/C board exactly? Do you have a pic or is it the general board with the buttons/LEDs that goes behind the toggles? (The board exposed at the bottom of the third pic at http://mustang.rajenki.com/Tesla-style_head_unit/Electronics#Main_screen_unit)

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
Liu Chaoren has said nothing to me in weeks. If anyone is having hardware issues, please contact him directly for parts, as I'm no longer involved, nor am I performing the role of a warranty hub. He offers a 1 year warranty, but I am not a warranty provider, he did not agree to that, nor did I.

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Morning guys

I did not get a chance to play with the Tesla Unit this weekend, too many things going on. :(

Sorry to hear you are having trouble RVK...that sucks.

Jknapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO v6 Mustang
Sounds like it, yeah. I have been e-mailing with him and he told me basically that I need a new A/C board.
[MENTION=21083]PatrickHenninger[/MENTION], he mentioned you sent you an additional two boards and it would take about a month for them to get to you. Do you know about this?

The bad news is that he can't send me a new one, since they don't manufacture the v1 anymore (only the new one with the main control unit integrated), so they don't have any more replacement boards. He suggested I can send the whole thing back so they can repair it, which I'm not excited about.
[MENTION=23891]Jknapp[/MENTION], which board is the A/C board exactly? Do you have a pic or is it the general board with the buttons/LEDs that goes behind the toggles? (The board exposed at the bottom of the third pic at http://mustang.rajenki.com/Tesla-style_head_unit/Electronics#Main_screen_unit)

Yes, it's the board with the buttons/toggles. It's easy to get at, just a few screws. But without it you can't start your car so being without it for a month is not an option unless you put your stock unit back in.
Sponsored