Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Hopefully some of you guys are gonna be around Saturday to help with questions when I go to finally install this. It's been a month and they already have revised what I already purchased.:(
I'll be in the suburbs of Cleveland this weekend. I may be able to slip out of family time for a tiny bit (no gaurentees) to help out.
Sponsored

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Hopefully some of you guys are gonna be around Saturday to help with questions when I go to finally install this. It's been a month and they already have revised what I already purchased.:(
I might there on Saturday. "Maybe". Look at the bright side... You can swap your WiFi antenna :thumbsup:

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
List of group buy (And other who ordered via eBay):
@2017PPGT , @jmm042 , @elpatronvega , @Oakley_5OH , @firestarter2 , @try714

I called the seller today. (Passed about 10min on the phone with him. My friend is from Taiwan so he translated everything for me).
@Sebastianq52 had an issue with his new hardware so he delayed the shipment. He said he's doing testing on Firmware/Hardware. It'll be all ready to be shipped on Tuesday (Max Wednesday) He just wanna make sure all of your HU will work properly to avoid return and loosing time for both you. They will all be tested before shipping. He also said he will proceed to an exchange of HU for @Sebastianq52
Screenshot_20170329-205541.jpg

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Yeah, not to sit in the car for an hour testing 7 different pins to ground. Once it's sold, I won't need to know how to access recovery. :headbonk:
Patrick,

I received my HU today, and I want to thank you again. I also picked up the camera you used, and I have a question on the install. Does the little red wire on the yellow RCA jack power the camera? Or do I have to use the red RCA on the camera?

Last edited:
OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
Patrick,

I received my HU today, and I want to thank you again. I also picked up the camera you used, and I have a question on the install. Does the little red wire on the yellow RCA jack power the camera? Or do I have to use the red RCA on the camera?
You connect the red wire on the RCA to the "Front Camera Power" wire (white) on the Head Unit, and the yellow Male RCA to the Red female RCA on the HU. Then on the camera side, connect the yellow RCA to the female RCA on the camera, then the red wire on the power plug to the red wire on that end of the RCA, then black wire to ground, and connect the 12v power plug. (Hope that makes sense.)

Sponsored

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
You connect the red wire on the RCA to the "Front Camera Power" wire (white) on the Head Unit, and the yellow Male RCA to the Red female RCA on the HU. Then on the camera side, connect the yellow RCA to the female RCA on the camera, then the red wire on the power plug to the red wire on that end of the RCA, then black wire to ground, and connect the 12v power plug. (Hope that makes sense.)

Perfect, thank you Patrick. I wasn't sure if the "White" wire was sense only or power for the camera; appreciate you clearing up that it is power.

wortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 16
For those that use Waze app, some settings on it don't work. You can use version 3.9.9 or older and it works fine.

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I received the Premium cables in the mail today, thanks again @PatrickHenninger. The pictures are up on the wiki.

Will install this weekend, but looking at the cables (the green/white and orange/black connectors connect the two cables), it might negate the need for the tachometer mod on Premium models.
Just went out and grabbed the mail from yesterday, and my premium cables are here too! Thanks again Patrick, sending you a little something here in a few for all the headache this was for you...

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I installed my HU last night, and I am a lot more impressed than I thought I would be. The harnesses on the new style are different than the first gen HU, and the built in host is a real bitch to connect two of the harnesses to due to a lack of slack. The start up screen is in Chinese, but the temperature is in Fahrenheit. It was late, and I am not familiar with Android, so I didn't try to look up the operating system. I was able to connect to my phone's hotspot without issue, and the mirroring works perfectly; I have an IPhone. I have the performance pack, so the digital gauges both worked, but the mode selector doesn't change the traction settings on mine, it switches the mode of operation. Specifically, switching between radio, dvd, camera, etc. I have a long way to go In terms of setup, I don't t even know how to download an app through it. The install wasn't hard, but I didn't enjoy it, I always felt like I was going to break something. All said and done, it's a really nice unit. [MENTION=20219]StangATX[/MENTION], I need help... and, how do I change the wallpaper?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Oakley_5OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT- Deep Impact Blue
I can't wait to get mine!!

bhooray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Grabber Blue
I pm'd [MENTION=29138]Drivinglesson[/MENTION] but then I thought others might want to know the answer as well....how do you mirror your iPhone on this HU?

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I pm'd [MENTION=29138]Drivinglesson[/MENTION] but then I thought others might want to know the answer as well....how do you mirror your iPhone on this HU?
I setup the HU by connecting to my phone's hotspot first. When I selected the phone mirroring icon, it prompted me to select air play I think. All I did was swipe up from the bottom of my phone, and I chose air play. It gave the HU's mane, and I selected it; that was it. I'll try and take a video later.

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I'll be in the suburbs of Cleveland this weekend. I may be able to slip out of family time for a tiny bit (no gaurentees) to help out.
Just tell them you gotta make a run to Summit Racing and you'll be back in a few!:D

bhooray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Grabber Blue
thanks [MENTION=29138]Drivinglesson[/MENTION], I think that's what I tried with no joy, I'll try again at lunch
Sponsored